You think you have weed problems

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yeah…they Really Hurt!

My wife has a favorite video of when we were traveling pulling our RV-trailer thru West Texas and she saw a tumbleweed rolling alongside the hwy…. Still teaching elementary school at that time…she asked me to catch it, …toss it in the truck…so she could take it to show her kids.…
…the video of me chasing that thing across the prairie…. jumping away from the occasional rattlesnake in that field….while she safely remained sitting in the truck… wasn’t funny to me at the time….but now is pretty hilarious. (I wish I had a copy to post for you guys…. it’s pretty funny…. NOW!

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
And I thought our leaves were annoying…

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
This was not what I was thinking from the title 🤣🤣🤣

You think you have weed problems

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hit that pile with a propane torch!
I think someone in texas did exactly that!
It's sad with how much land / property / animals have perished in this huge fire!

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think someone in texas did exactly that!
It's sad with how much land / property / animals have perished in this huge fire!
The buildings, people, and animals lost are very sad. As for the land, fires are beneficial and used to historically occur on the southern Great Plains periodically. It kills cactus and brush and rejuvenates the grasses. By June, those areas will have the greenest grass.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The buildings, people, and animals lost are very sad. As for the land, fires are beneficial and used to historically occur on the southern Great Plains periodically. It kills cactus and brush and rejuvenates the grasses. By June, those areas will have the greenest grass.
Yes I agree on it recycling and improving land quality if it doesn't burn too hot.
We get forest fires that burn normal and the forests recover fairly fast.
Then we get the fires that burn super hot and it leaves a scorched earth for years and years, not good.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yes I agree on it recycling and improving land quality if it doesn't burn too hot.
We get forest fires that burn normal and the forests recover fairly fast.
Then we get the fires that burn super hot and it leaves a scorched earth for years and years, not good.
True. These Texas panhandle fires are grass and short shrubs. They burn fast and move fast and don’t have a lot of smoldering residence time on the soil like the heavy fuels that occur in forest fires. Those types of fires don’t have a big impact on soils or grass roots.