This should be interesting

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
USA TODAY
Psilocybin therapy is prompting states to reconsider laws about magic mushrooms"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He'll fly his astral plane
He'll take you trips around the bay
He'll bring you back the same day
Timothy Leary, Timothy Leary
Timothy Leary

Legend of a Mind, The Moody Blues

I tend to lean left but this just sounds like disaster waiting to happen.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I thought Timothy Leary was the LSD guy.

Too many laws already exist. Hope they are removing some and not adding.

I guess I don’t see what you are saying…:unsure:

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Dealers are already taking legal THC and concentrating it to insane levels. This wax or dabs is close to 80-90% THC. Pre-teen and teen brains do not handle this well. If there is ANY underlying pysch issues they may get far worse. Local rehab hospital is seeing more and more teens with mania and delusions. NY Times had a article not long ago. I have first hand knowledge and now dealing with a partially broken teenage.
Now. Micro dose magic mushrooms and you may get the giggles. Old school trip with just a little more. I have no faith in the US government or big pharma to keep this sleeping dragon under control.
IMHO: This is the next opioid crisis.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
MHO,,, it is being run from behind the big money, keep the fools high, they dont understand so they will do what they are told, because they cannot think for them selves. The government hates the person that can and does think for them selves,, with the dope, they cannot think for them selves, it might take 2 or 3 generations but they will control the masses, and thats what they want

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
MHO,,, it is being run from behind the big money, keep the fools high, they dont understand so they will do what they are told, because they cannot think for them selves. The government hates the person that can and does think for them selves,, with the dope, they cannot think for them selves, it might take 2 or 3 generations but they will control the masses, and thats what they want
I take it that you have never dealt with someone having psychotic delusions. They are controlled by NO ONE !

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Worked for Aaron Rodgers! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Unfortunately people make decisions. Some bad decisions. Some good decisions. Some stick needles in their bodys and die. I think Marlboros are like $9. a pack at the variety store. And lots of people buying them to get lung cancer. Makes no sense to me. But their choice.
Some like me just had a large serving of peach cobbler and didn't walk three miles today to burn it off.
I don't agree with any drug use unless your dieing of cancer then smoke up, pop a pill or whatever you need to help in your end time.
Dope is called dope becouse it makes a person a dope. Maine here is full of dopes. Lazy welfare dope using useless people. And were also overrun with hand holding "isn't it to bad your an addict" ACLU activist wanting to give all their poor souls everything for nothing. Enabling I think its called.
I agree mushrooms are bad news.

Reactions: 4 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
a lot of bad news out there

had a coworker at a place I used to work at, everyone KNEW he was into, well stuff. But nobody wanted to do anything, nobody wanted to help him and frankly most of the time he wouldn't take any help anyway because to "him", there was no problem.

So I learned a lot between working 20 years with him and then having dope head family members and dating a dope head. They'll do anything for it, they'll steal from their loved ones as well. GF at the time I thought she was a good one til I found some money missing. I figured I misplaced it while cleaning. A few weeks later she was supposed to show up at the house and didn't. I tried to call; no answer. weird? Next morning she shows up out of the blue and said she'd been in jail. Got in a traffic stop because of a taillight and they found her stuff which I didn't know about. I wanted NO part of that and had to make the decision to explain it. I'm clean, always have been and never want any part of it.

The guy I worked with, the cops showed up at the place he and I used to work at, and arrested him on a warrant. There is more to it, in that the business was partially involved, but that's all I'm saying. He spent the last year or so going back and forth with attorneys and the courts; just recently got probation (9 years I think)--mind you there were many counts including but not limited to simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, possession with intent to deliver, and of course different classifications for the types of substances he had on his person. Should be in jail.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
USA TODAY
Psilocybin therapy is prompting states to reconsider laws about magic mushrooms"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He'll fly his astral plane
He'll take you trips around the bay
He'll bring you back the same day
Timothy Leary

Legend of a Mind, The Moody Blues

I tend to lean left but this just sounds like disaster waiting to happen.
I tend to lean right and this is something we can agree on!
The link just took me to the USAT home page. But if they are talking about legalizing and proliferating the psychoactive ingredient in the 'shrooms?!? Then please, no.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
First off, I'm 54 years old and haven't smoked pot since I was 16, and hated it. But I have no issue with legalizing dope. Alcohol is far more addictive, dangerous and deadly. My $.02.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I believe that people are going to use their drug of choice regardless of the law. Based on that, I'd rather see the stuff sold legally by responsible regulated manufacturers and retailers than 'who knows what you're really getting' from someone on the street. Also, I'd rather see legitimate businesses make the profit instead of the cartels.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I'd rather see the stuff sold legally by responsible regulated manufacturers and retailers than 'who knows what you're really getting' from someone on the street
🤣🤣🤣 is this really not one in the same? 🤣🤣🤣

Does the government regulated drug industry care more about what happens to you then then guy on the street? 🤣 🤣🤣

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
🤣🤣🤣 is this really not one in the same? 🤣🤣🤣

Does the government regulated drug industry care more about what happens to you then then guy on the street? 🤣 🤣🤣
Like big tobacco/government collaboration and your local dope dealer, they want you hooked so you keep lining their pockets.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well lets just go the whole way and make prostitution legal too, and man boy love and all the other crap that goes with it. I dont know how many have read much history, but this is the kind of things that have lead to the down fall of every great civilization ! United we stand ,divided they win !

Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Well lets just go the whole way and make prostitution legal too, and man boy love and all the other crap that goes with it. I dont know how many have read much history, but this is the kind of things that have lead to the down fall of every great civilization ! United we stand ,divided they win !
Prostitution is legal in Canada IIRC and they haven't escalated to allowing pedophiles to prey on children.

Not sure how legalizing certain drugs will collapse the nation or render the population stupid - people will do drugs whether or not it's legalized as evidenced by our lifetime war on drugs. The stupidity will come from systematically defunding the education system and putting crooks in charge of the education system. Result of this has been forcing qualified teachers to look for work in other industries, shit curriculums, and replacing educated, specialized instructors with unqualified instructors. People that lived through the 70's and 80's where drug use was commonplace complaining about legalization destabilizing the nation is entertaining.

As mentioned previously, alcohol is a far more dangerous controlled substance than THC and shrooms and cigarettes which are legal and highly addictive are sold without much restriction.

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Prostitution is legal in Canada IIRC and they haven't escalated to allowing pedophiles to prey on children.

Not sure how legalizing certain drugs will collapse the nation or render the population stupid - people will do drugs whether or not it's legalized as evidenced by our lifetime war on drugs. The stupidity will come from systematically defunding the education system and putting crooks in charge of the education system. Result of this has been forcing qualified teachers to look for work in other industries, shit curriculums, and replacing educated, specialized instructors with unqualified instructors. People that lived through the 70's and 80's where drug use was commonplace complaining about legalization destabilizing the nation is entertaining.

As mentioned previously, alcohol is a far more dangerous controlled substance than THC and shrooms and cigarettes which are legal and highly addictive are sold without much restriction.
Radas
DABS and WAX are doing serious damage to the teen and pre-teen crowd. Legally obtained THC that is concentrated down to 90% pure. google NY Times and THC.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

What does pedophiles preying on children have to do with prostitution?