Yesterday - put the brush forks on to handle a table top I pulled out of storage. Years ago on a project they had new lab table tops that someone mis-measured so they were scrapping them. It sat here for more than 10 years waiting to be needed for something.
That day finally came. We were looking for a work bench top for in the boiler room at church. The fellow who will be using it the most asked for it to be about 30" wide and said don't worry about the drilled holes. It was 72x40x1" thick.
The L4240 helped me get the top out of storage and offered to hold it while I sliced a foot off the long side. It was camera-shy and wouldn't get into the picture
I'm not sure what the material is, but I'm guessing it weighed over 300#. It looks sort of like man-made slate. There's no grain to it. It cut nicely with a 7-1/4" diamond blade and had a mild odor to it. Belt sander smoothed the cut edge.