Kubota emulator

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thank you and yes I was angry. I did not get there till I felt I was accused of being a liar. Thank you for returning me and informing me about the group. I have ordered women. Waiting for it. Thanks again
I sympathize with you and easily understand why you have become angry. You have, indeed, been treated unjustly by some herein.

I'm surprised that you returned. I would not have done so.

Reactions: 2 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I find it funny that you think Kubota has anything to do with this website, it is privately owned website.

You seem awful angry and yes, some posters are not as kind as others, but the information being provided is consistent. I'm sure you have posted on other forums and realize you have a wide variety of posters with very different personalities and communication skills.

With all that being said, multiple people have come to the same conclusion about your situation.

1. You have the dreaded 3350; this engine is known for DPF issues so much so Kubota has discontinued it and offers lifetime coverage on the DPF system
  2. There are WSM out there that cover your tractor and show the electric system; the part you are looking for is not on the schematics because it isn't a factor item
  3. The part you took a picture of is a device that is illegal to use in the US; the opening page makes it sound like a nice device to help reduce errors, yet when you read further, the device is designed to defeat the DPF
  4. Whomever put the device on there, has most likely negated any warranty claim you have on the tractor (full disclosure, not a lawyer, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn)
What you will find, if you hang around long enough, there are a lot of good, knowledgeable people on this forum with a wide array of knowledge that can help with many issues. Yet, as with all forums and in real life, we all communicate a little differently and you take the roughness with good, but you can get the answers you need.

Sadly, I think in this case the answer isn't what you are wanting to hear.
Yes, this is an independent site, unassociated with Kubota.

That said, I have been told by multiple Kubota employees (not dealer employees) that Kybota personnel do, indeed, monitor this site.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I laud the OP’s gumption to let folks know he feels mistreated. I concur. I’ve seen a couple threads that went this way recently and it seems to be a disservice to what most of are here for.

As to the problem, since it sounds like this tractor has been in for repair many times, presumably for emission related issues, I have to wonder if during one of those many times if whomever “repaired” it put in the harness with the emulator?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, a previous post said the engine can be made to run without the ECU. That'd be interesting to see how.
Also be nice to see the installation manual for the emulator. All I saw was a link to a video. I prefer hard copy, paper, drawings......

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Is the emulator the reason it overheated? As the emulators jobs is to mimic the DPF sensors and prevent a regeneration, but the DPF is still collecting soot, therefore when it gets really full and does not perform a regeneration you are going to get the exhaust really hot(I have had Duramax turbos glowing red hot due to an emulator(not allowing a regeneration) and trying to force a regeneration on a really plugged DPF(this was after cracking the exhaust open a little bit to get the engine to run).

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
As to the problem, since it sounds like this tractor has been in for repair many times, presumably for emission related issues, I have to wonder if during one of those many times if whomever “repaired” it put in the harness with the emulator?
After reading this thread, for the first time this morning, this is a thought that came to my mind as well.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Oh, can we get a picture of the engine? Does it have the DPF/Reformer still?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
After reading this thread, for the first time this morning, this is a thought that came to my mind as well.
I’ve been thinking someone pulled a quick one with the emissions issue since Page 1, Post 7.

It is nice to see some helpful information being offered, rather than what was going on for the first two or three pages of this thread.

It’s odd how folks will denigrate someone that comes asking for help with a piece of equipment, and further than that, blame the owner for the problem. Or tell the person they are the only one with that problem or that “my” tractor doesn’t have that problem, so it must be the exclusive to the inquirer. Two treads like that right now. It’d be great if the Mods put the brakes on that type of behavior.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea I am back, your moderators do a shitty job. I came here for help not insults. The emulator came on the tractor directly on the wiring harness. The tractor was at the dealers more than at home. Kubota replaced the reformer 3 times. Fine 5 years was up and they refused to cover it any more. The regional told me that the b3350 was the worst tractor they had made. If you want to call people liars and dispute what is being ask and assault people’s word you should keep your ugly comments to yourself. If you want to help me that would be great. For everyone’s info I bought a new tractor and it was not a kubota. I still have mt b3350su and still working on it.
Thanks for the insults back at me!
Love this kind of input.
One of the other mods deleted you and I lifted it because I will prove to you your tractor has been modified by someone other than the factory!
Kubota Corp knows your not telling the whole story or that there is something wrong, because if they installed it they would be fixing it.
It's an aftermarket part that was put on by someone that wanted to get rid of the tractor.
This is not an insult, or calling you a liar, it's just plain facts!
Pictures of your "factory emulator" and it's location installed, pictures or your "factory wiring of that emulator" and still installed engine emissions components would help a lot of us, help you.

The B3350's have a long problematic history that is well documented, and this is exactly why kubota has a lifetime emissions warranty on that model and none other!
Lets start at completely unraveling this:

These are all the electrical parts:
No where in here will you find an emulator!
1689182736090.png

1689182772269.png

1689182837753.png

1689182941889.png

Here are the schematics for both versions of the wiring and components, find me the emulator, you can't!
It does not exist in factory wiring.

1689183250312.png

1689183345638.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
hmm, a previous post said the engine can be made to run without the ECU. That'd be interesting to see how.
Also be nice to see the installation manual for the emulator. All I saw was a link to a video. I prefer hard copy, paper, drawings......
I could tell you how to do it, but then I would have to emulate oh sorry eliminate you! ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think several members on here feel that telling someone the harsh truth about a non factory part being installed on there tractor is an insult or picking on them.
It's not!
Should we lie and shine someone on?
Nope not happening.
If his story is true, someone has duped this person and now years later he's paying the price for it.
Like I said earlier, it's sad someone did this, as this model has a lifetime emissions warranty and would be fixed free of charge.
Because of someone adding a delete / bypass to it, it's now a rouge tractor that no dealer or kubota will touch.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
While having a late lunch, I happened to see on TV , how DPF are made for big engines. seems they're a honeycomb of screen material designed to collect 'bad stuff', then, at some time, these wones are electrically heated to burn off the 'bad stuff'.
I can see HUGE problems if the 'bad stuff' isn't burned off on a regular basis as it'll plug up the exhaust system. The problem with the 'emulator' is that it may not force a regen or burnoff to 'clean' the DPF. Perhaps they do ? I don't know as very little real info on the Turkish website,not even installation instructions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While having a late lunch, I happened to see on TV , how DPF are made for big engines. seems they're a honeycomb of screen material designed to collect 'bad stuff', then, at some time, these wones are electrically heated to burn off the 'bad stuff'.
I can see HUGE problems if the 'bad stuff' isn't burned off on a regular basis as it'll plug up the exhaust system. The problem with the 'emulator' is that it may not force a regen or burnoff to 'clean' the DPF. Perhaps they do ? I don't know as very little real info on the Turkish website,not even installation instructions.
Yes the emulator permanently eliminates the regen (DPF clean cycle), so if you were to use a Emulator you need to remove or hollow out the DPF filter.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A DPF delete should be exactly that. Whats the point of the emulator if the DPF is stil in the system?

Dan

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
A DPF delete should be exactly that. Whats the point of the emulator if the DPF is stil in the system?

Dan
I wonder if you’re supposed to manually force a regen cycle periodically?

Of course, if you don’t realize the eliminator (emulator LOL) was installed by somebody, even if you bought the tractor new yourself from a Kubota dealer, how would you know to do that? Net result would be a plugged DPF unit and perhaps a situation like the OP has experienced.

Just thinking out loud…

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
If you do not have a b3350su you can hardly be called a expert on the tractor. So your comments are not welcomed.

That’s the best comment yet in this thread.

Oh by the way I reported your rudeness expect contact from kubota was also pretty funny.
I had to reread a few times but I can’t see anything unless removed that was indicating you were lying. People were just answering your post with what they thought. If ya don’t like it or agree that’s fine.
Maybe you are among the first ones to ever have a factory emulator malfunction. I wouldn’t think so given the info about that models issues and it being 10 years old. As mentioned above emissions components on the tractor have a life time warranty. Why did the dealer say they refused to do the work? Especially if they know you’ve had nothing but troubles with that tractor.
Zero wiring schematics show this part in place.
might be worth pulling that filter off and checking to see if it’s hollow or what’s up with it if anything. I hope you are able to track down the issue and get it working again.
If I were you I’d probably get a new emulator that matched the burnt one online and see if that fixed the problem worst case I’m out 100-200 bucks. If I was as confident as you are about everything being factory I’d be after kubota especially since you have the time and another tractor to work. However I don’t own a b3350su so…. Had too

I’ve always found this site to be pretty clean and full of wicked people going above and beyond to help. Mods are doing a great job if ya ask me.

Reactions: 7 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Dan
Bingo.

Either remove DPF or remove internals (some models).

Emulator simply provides signals to make ECM think all is well.