Kubota B2620 Starting problem

claude

Nov 18, 2012
ottawa Ontario canada
I, my Kubota B2620 won't start, it won't turn over. I hear the click when I turn the key on - the lights work, the glow light symbol comes on but the starter does not turn.

The battery & fuses are all good. It doesn't seem to be the PTO switch nor the seat switch nor the directional pedals.

I can get it started by jumping the solenoid switch.

The electrical schematics would surely help

Could it be a faulty switch or a starting relay or an hidden fuse or another safety switch?

I read in your forum that Curt had a similar problem on that model last year.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Sounds like it could be the solenoid, or a loose connection either from the switch to the solenoid, or one of the big cables on the solenoid.

A quick way to test the solenoid is to clip a wire to the hot cable on the battery, then touch the other end to the smaller terminal on the solenoid where the ignition wire connects, this will tell you if the solenoid itself is good or not and if everything from there to the starter is good.

CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION....Make sure you are applying power to the proper terminal on the solenoid, otherwise you are gonna really have a problem.

If it starts like that then the probkem is between the ignition switch and the solenoid.

Another way if you have a meter that will test DC is connect the ground probe to the Neg side of the battery, and the Pos side where the ignition wire connects to the solenoid, and watch to see if you get 12 VDC when you try to start it with the key.

Try those things and let us know how it goes.

Best Regards

Paul

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
The first line of attack on a lilttle Kubota that acts the way your does is to first clean ALL four ends of the battery cables. more times than not it will be at the neg/frame connection. do them all then put a hot battery on it. It should solve it.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Dead or dying alternator/dynamo maybe? I believe mine has gone out on my B6100 and it wont do diddly squat unless I jumpstart if off a truck. Not even a battery charger works.

claude

Nov 18, 2012
ottawa Ontario canada
Since I can start it by jumping the solenoid (like in the old days & old cars), the problem must be somewhere between the solenoid and the starting switch.

Thanks for your imput.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Have you checked all the safety switches? They will keep it from starting with the switch but you can jump across the starter just like what you are saying. One may just barely be out of adjustment and not working properly. I would check that first because it's the easiest and it doesn't cost anything.

bushpusher

Equipment
B2320
Aug 15, 2014
Regina, Sask, Canada
Hi there, I am new to the forum and my tractor is having the exact same symptoms as yours. Lights turn on, dash lights up, will not crank over, checked safety switches, replaced battery, can be jump started, had ignition switch checked and still nothing. Did you ever find out what your problem was with your tractor? Thanks

bushpusher

Equipment
B2320
Aug 15, 2014
Regina, Sask, Canada
Hi there, I am new to the forum and my tractor is having the exact same symptoms as yours. Lights turn on, dash lights up, will not crank over, checked safety switches, replaced battery, can be jump started, had ignition switch checked and still nothing. Did you ever find out what your problem was with your tractor? Thanks

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
If your fwd/reverse pedals don't fully return to the center, the safety switch will keep you from starting.

DarylB

Equipment
B2620
I, my Kubota B2620 won't start, it won't turn over. I hear the click when I turn the key on - the lights work, the glow light symbol comes on but the starter does not turn.

The battery & fuses are all good. It doesn't seem to be the PTO switch nor the seat switch nor the directional pedals.

I can get it started by jumping the solenoid switch.

The electrical schematics would surely help

Could it be a faulty switch or a starting relay or an hidden fuse or another safety switch?

I read in your forum that Curt had a similar problem on that model last year.
If your fwd/reverse pedals don't fully return to the center, the safety switch will keep you from starting.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. I am new to this forum and not sure how to get my question out there. like Claude, my B2620 won't start. When mowing last week I disengaged the mower and got off the tractor and it shut down, almost like the seat switch shut it off. I tried to restart but no luck. All lights work and there seems to be power, the key does everything including turning on the glow plug light but when I turn the key to the start or run position there is nothing...no click...nothing. I can hear the seat switch engage. I feel that a safety has it locked out and it could be the HST pedal switch...does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for this model? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Daryl (Canada)

DarylB

Equipment
B2620
Hi there. I am new to this forum. like Claude, my B2620 won't start. When mowing last week I disengaged the mower and got off the tractor and it shut down, almost like the seat switch shut it off. I tried to restart but no luck. All lights work and there seems to be power, the key does everything including turning on the glow plug light but when I turn the key to the start or run position there is nothing...no click...nothing. I can hear the seat switch engage. I feel that a safety has it locked out and it could be the HST pedal switch...does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for this model? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Daryl (Canada)