Ripper tooth storage solution in need of a problem.

civlized

May 8, 2023
Central Alabama
Here she is in all her glory, all painted up and ready to go.

View attachment 102578
THANK YOU!!
You have inspired me and I now know what I need to do. After I bought my tractor, I was trying to come up with something for the attachments. I came up with shelves that attach to the trailer as a makeshift test for getting around to my properties or local places. No way I would take what I did on the road for long distances or high speeds. Just tooling around country roads is no problem. I got some shelves from Home Depot and modified them to be a little stronger and attach to the trailer via the stake pockets and a couple of holes in the front rail and several pins. This was really just a test to see what kind of shelves I wanted to build. They have lasted much longer than anticipated and I haven't gotten around to doing anything else. The good thing about them, the way the forks are in there, I can just attach the forks to the tractor and lift the whole unit and drive it off the trailer with all of the attachments still strapped on. Due to multiple uses of my trailer, whatever I do has to be removable.
I really like what you have done and plan to incorporate some of your ideas.
Where do I send the check?
Thanks,

Attachments

civlized

May 8, 2023
Central Alabama
My biggest complaint about these trailers are the ramps. I can't stand moving the individual ramps every time and having to line them up. I built a single ramp for my trailer and attached some of the gorilla lift springs to it. It is much better, now. Still a little heavy, but not that bad, and I don't have to worry about lining up the ramps. The large ramp is attached to the trailer via the stake pockets and is completely removable. I don't have a good picture of the finished product, but here is what I have with me. I can get a better picture of the finished ramp later. Also, I had to add jacks to the rear of the trailer so that I can load and unload without being connected to a truck. That helps me out a ton.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
My biggest complaint about these trailers are the ramps. I can't stand moving the individual ramps every time and having to line them up. I built a single ramp for my trailer and attached some of the gorilla lift springs to it. It is much better, now. Still a little heavy, but not that bad, and I don't have to worry about lining up the ramps. The large ramp is attached to the trailer via the stake pockets and is completely removable. I don't have a good picture of the finished product, but here is what I have with me. I can get a better picture of the finished ramp later. Also, I had to add jacks to the rear of the trailer so that I can load and unload without being connected to a truck. That helps me out a ton.
Nice job on the ramp.

Mine ramp is similar to what you made from the factory. Although I did not have the General Lee when I bought it, it has worked out OK.

I was going to put those weld on Jack stands too, but because the BH scrapes the ground so bad, I decided to let the tongue lift the rear end of the truck to decrease the angle; therefore I use one of those brake holding tools to load/unload it.

I still have to use the BH to give it a slight boost to TRY and avoid scraping.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Note on big ramps.
You can add a small hydraulic pump unit and add hydraulic rams to lift the gate.

Run with scissors, you could add a hydraulic front leg to raise the front up so your angle is better.
It also serves as a handy quick jack too.

civlized

May 8, 2023
Central Alabama
Note on big ramps.
You can add a small hydraulic pump unit and add hydraulic rams to lift the gate.

Run with scissors, you could add a hydraulic front leg to raise the front up so your angle is better.
It also serves as a handy quick jack too.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have considered that in the past, also. I just can't convince myself to spend that much to do it along with the added weight, battery, wiring, hoses, maintenance, etc.
Another option I have done in the past are the gas cylinders, such as car hood or hatch supports attached to the ramp. 2 on each side is normally enough to have to pull the gate down when needed, but that has been lighter duty ramps. Never tried on one this heavy.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Like the idea on carrying the ripper. Wish I had strength to pick up mine.
What doers your ripper weigh?
Mine (arriving UPS today) weighs 112 lbs.
At age 82, I obviously will not be able to pick mine up either.
I will need to build some sort of stand.
I have noted (and like) the ears you welded on yours.
My ripper is from a different provider.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

I'm thinking of some sort of dual purpose ripper/bucket holder (or stand) for in the field work.

In my minds eye it would be portable using the tractor, so that you could set it next to the BH and set either the bucket or the ripper in it and it would hold either one at an advantageous angle for swapping back and forth.

Need pics of your new ripper too.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
150# before the stand tabs. Looking forward to your ripper review.

Putting the ripper between the rub rail and trailer would work too.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
150# before the stand tabs. Looking forward to your ripper review.

Putting the ripper between the rub rail and trailer would work too.
It arrived today, ........but rain is forecast for the next several days.
Looks very well built/nice.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm thinking of some sort of dual purpose ripper/bucket holder (or stand) for in the field work.

In my minds eye it would be portable using the tractor, so that you could set it next to the BH and set either the bucket or the ripper in it and it would hold either one at an advantageous angle for swapping back and forth.

Need pics of your new ripper too.
If you send me your e-mail address (PM) I can send a picture.
I can't seem to figure out how to post pix on OTT.

Last edited: