What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Is this the one? https://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-plate-compactor-69738.html

i have been thinking about renting one but I have a lot of landscaping I would like to do the next few years so not sure if I should rent or buy. I imagine if it’s held up for you using it on the job for a while it will be more than enough for me.
View attachment 100682 View attachment 100682
This is the one I use.
They work great on the gravel with the minus in it. The surface is really firm after using it.
The plate is 17" wide.
I welded on four corner hooks and made a sling so I can move it with the tractor bucket.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Small tractor so small logs. Big heart in that little tractor.
Two dead trees at the bottom of the drive. Wife said they gotta go. A controlled drop verse nature making a mess.
Yes, I drag them with the 3pt . I know it is frowned upon. Lifted just enough so as not to snag in to the ground and bring me ass over tea kettle coming up the hill. Hand on the throttle and foot just resting on the clutch. Keen eye on the fronts to make sure they are not loosing traction and starting to come up.

logpull.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Two dead trees at the bottom of the drive. Wife said they gotta go. A controlled drop verse nature making a mess.
Yes, I drag them with the 3pt . I know it is frowned upon. Lifted just enough so as not to snag in to the ground and bring me ass over tea kettle coming up the hill. Hand on the throttle and foot just resting on the clutch. Keen eye on the fronts to make sure they are not loosing traction and starting to come up.

View attachment 100774
I don't particularly see that as a safety issue, with the heavy plow (or loader bucket) way out in front.

Last edited:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I don't particularly see that a safety issue, with the heavy plow (or loader bucket) way out in front.
I agree. The geek in me did the math and in theory the 800 pound tractor with a 400 pound plow frame under and out front, 250 pounds in the seat, a couple hundred pounds of wood and a percent of that on the hitch. This should be as solid as it gets.
The little guy in the back of my head who has heard of all the old stories of relatives and co-workers that tipped or flipped and I tend to get very paranoid on the hill.
My R1's tend to dig in and spin before anything bad happens. Of course stopping half way up the hill and sitting in the seat trying to think of how do I get out of this mess is never fun.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada

View attachment 100774
I LOVE IT ! ! ! I hauled trees like that (and larger) for ~15yrs with my TG1860 garden tractor until I bought the BX. Nothing wrong with it afaik

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Is it really a good idea to do a sidewall vulcanize repair?
Probably.

Not that it matters, but I’ve seen off-road trail rig tires vulcanized, and absolutely beat down with 700+ hp rigs hold up fine. Think 20+ mph and hitting a rock ledge and jumping to the next… beat downs. Also partaken in sewing a hole closed with wire and stuffing in as many plugs as it took to stop the leak, that held all weekend.

Is it the best case scenario, of course not.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
View attachment 100774
^^^^

The 'Little Tractor that Could'....! Excellent. (y)

They may be small (mine is a compact) but they can push or pull a surprising amount of weight.

Don't lift much....but will push/skid things around just fine.

Hack2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Wishing the dealer would let me effing know wtf is going on with it, dropped it off 4/1. On the 14th I stopped by and they "just" got it into shop and were looking at the saddle arms. KTAC in the meantime has forwarded me a first and second request letter :mad: :mad: :mad: ....

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Front tire was really low for some reason, filled it. Checked and filled the rest of them too. Filled rears were messy even with the valve at 12 o'clock (I didn't have the rear wheels in the air). 32psi in the front, 28 in the rear.

Mounted the BB on the Pats quick hitch in preparation for "moving" my BH77 crate off of the trailer tomorrow. Between the hydraulic top link, Pats, and Box Blade cart I made, took all of 2 mins to connect everything.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Is it really a good idea to do a sidewall vulcanize repair?
+1, sidewall repairs are a no-no. I don't know about tractors, but tire shops won't ever repair a sidewall on a car/truck.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I removed my heavy rear blade and installed my Fred Cain plow. It’s time to move from snow removal to garden preparation.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Ripped and smoothed 500ft driveway with the box blade today. I’m not doing area in front of garage due to how it looked after doing it last year. Took about 1.5 hours. I really need some stone but I can at least keep it kinda smooth in the meantime. Used riding mower to compact after, as it is gonna rain today so figured a light compaction would help.
ACD8AD7C-28C0-41B4-A384-7648B0C71678.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Spent nearly 6 hours on the LX today mulching a large natural flower bed and undoing a mess I started nearly 20 years ago. Cleaned out a bunch of old punk and debris from a wash that goes across the property with the grapple. I've been dumping all the leaf waste and limbs and non-firewood trees in it just trying to keep it from eroding any more. SO, basically I cleaned up a mess in an afternoon that took me 20 years to make. Picked out the larger unrotted chunks and piled them farther back in the lot, and just raked the rotted stuff down to blend it with the soil. There were night crawler worms in that stuff that looked like small snakes. The soil under that stuff is fantastic after all the years of composting leaves, grass clippings, and anything I couldn't give to someone to burn in their fireplace.

My grapple is one built for/by LS tractors, model MCG-1154A. Not a heavy duty grapple at all, but it's doing everything I ask of it. It'll hold more than my LX can pick up. I moved two 14 foot logs from a tree with a 30 inch stump, so I'm not complaining. Bent the outside tines on the clamshell four times today while picking up heavier logs (which this grapple CLEARLY is not designed for). It normally happened when I grabbed something sort of end on and it twisted out of the grapple with the tine embedded. So when I knocked off for the day, I welded gussets on each tine to prevent them from bending again. I looked one time, and the right most tooth was pointed straight out to the right. Beat it back with a hammer each time, and decided if I was gonna be so rough with it, I better improve it before I broke it. Used 1" x 1/4" bar stock to make the gussets. Rubbed a little more paint off with a flapper wheel and used my little cheap wire welder to put 'em on. Not a professional looking weld job by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll keep the teeth from bending. Got the top jaw done, and may do the bottom as well, but the tines aren't as long as the top ones and they don't tend to bend as easily.

Reactions: 6 users

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I put down 10 yards of topsoil, filling in depressions (awwww) that evolved from tree stumps that rotted away long ago and general uneven areas. Took a week. I have a few yards left for those I missed.

We had a riser put in for our septic system. The lid was part way under a garden and also, after 26 years, the settling of the fill was making 'dents'. So the riser was done, the garden brick edging redone (It had been a straight line) to go around it. The lid covered with a inch of mulch-outta sight!

Septic Lid and Stakes.jpg

Septic Lid Mulched.JPG

Garden Completed Right Side.JPG

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Cleaned up an Elm yesterday that died off last year. 28x34 on the stump. Firewood will keep my dad warm this winter.

Attachments

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

View attachment 100774
lol, no frowning here!!!
Don't listen to that crap.

The 3pt on my machines drag heavy attachments that dig into the ground, and pull very heavy loads of rock or soil. Should I be attaching it to the tow bar?? lol

The frowners are gonna hate, the city tractor budlight drinkers are like that.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
PXL_20230422_133003265.jpg
PXL_20230422_152946300.jpg

Managed to sneak this heavy SOB into the garage. The LX barely lifted it with the forks from the heavy side so I slid it out of the trailer and then turned it around and slid it into one of the garage bays for now until my power beyond pipe shows up next week. I used two 3 ton jacks to maneuver it once it was in the garage.

I also got a screaming deal on an open box OTC 1500lb tire dolly on eBay for $150 so I'm going to play it safe and use the dolly to remove the loaded tires so I don't end up with a situation where my kid comes around and tips the tire over.

Reactions: 10 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Finished servicing mower and put it on tractor. Did a little mowing to ensure all in working order.

Blades were very sharp after a touch up.

Found a little driveway stone I blew into the grass.

Fixed the real sharp blade “problem”….😳 😉

IMG_5818.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users