What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
awesome.

Now fab up one of these to make it easy to roll around in your garage. let me know if you're looking for street pads for the hoe.

View attachment 100857

street pads:

View attachment 100858
Thanks!

That's next on the list once I get it mounted so I can figure out how high I need my dolly to be to allow me to mount the lower pins easily.

I just ordered a set of those street pads a few days ago after finding your thread from a while back 😂 any other mods I should be aware of?

Screenshot_20230422-201751~2.png

They raised the price 😭

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Friday, sewer line turned into a fiasco. Turns out that the building had a perimeter drain the I had to dig next to. Created quite a mess. We finished at 9:45 pm in the dark. It turned out well (from what I could see with the lights in the mini). Didn't get a whole lot of pics because we were in a hurry to complete the job before rain was coming.

Very impressed with the U-27. It was able to pick a very large chunk of concrete and loaded on the dump truck. I wasn't sure it would work, but it did...it struggled but accomplished the task. Very powerful little machine.

View attachment 100847

View attachment 100848

View attachment 100849

Perimeter drain issue:

View attachment 100850
Love that u27, wish I had the projects to warrant a mini instead of the BH 😂

Very clean work!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I just ordered a set of those street pads a few days ago after finding your thread from a while back 😂 any other mods I should be aware of?

They raised the price 😭
Nope. Put it to work.

Edit: lights, of course!

and of course they've raised the prices....

i do like your seat cover. I'd like to find one in orange camo for the mini.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Nope. Put it to work.

Edit: lights, of course!

and of course they've raised the prices....

i do like your seat cover. I'd like to find one in orange camo for the mini.
Forgot about lights, I do need to snag a light bar and some floods for the ROPS like I did on my ZTR.

I got this seat cover by Durafit, try reaching out to them to see if they make one for the mini.

Edit* this one MAY work:

Durafit Seat Covers, Orange Kubota Seat Covers for Excavators U15,U17,U25U,U35S,KX71,KX91,KX121, in Orange Camo https://a.co/d/caZxOQT

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Wow. I have virtually zero rocks on my place. Not sure if I’m jealous or thankful or some of both.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Small tractor so small logs. Big heart in that little tractor.
Two dead trees at the bottom of the drive. Wife said they gotta go. A controlled drop verse nature making a mess.
Yes, I drag them with the 3pt . I know it is frowned upon. Lifted just enough so as not to snag in to the ground and bring me ass over tea kettle coming up the hill. Hand on the throttle and foot just resting on the clutch. Keen eye on the fronts to make sure they are not loosing traction and starting to come up.

View attachment 100774
Mike -- with a smaller BX, I've pulled a few whole Red Pines, and some pretty big pieces of Sugar Maple. Did the same thing.

You'd be surprised what that tractor can pull. ;)

Pulling from the QH, just need to be aware of not catching anything. Won't hurt a bit.

dbertheau

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, FEL w/CB1060, PFL1242, LX2963, WM-8M Chipper
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
Haven't done anything to it yet...my friends at Garton Tractor are almost done putting it together. Hopefully next week I'll pickup.

They are waiting for extended frame brackets for the BH77.

703805801.jpg
703805819.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I agree. The geek in me did the math and in theory the 800 pound tractor with a 400 pound plow frame under and out front, 250 pounds in the seat, a couple hundred pounds of wood and a percent of that on the hitch. This should be as solid as it gets.
The little guy in the back of my head who has heard of all the old stories of relatives and co-workers that tipped or flipped and I tend to get very paranoid on the hill.
My R1's tend to dig in and spin before anything bad happens. Of course stopping half way up the hill and sitting in the seat trying to think of how do I get out of this mess is never fun.
Nothing wrong using your tractor as a skidder within reason, which you clearly are. If the front end gets too light to steer well, steer with the brakes. If the front end rises off the ground, hit the clutch. And don’t run 10mph skidding with a tractor. Stuff happens a lot faster at 10mph than at 3mph. Worst case, you stop and reduce the load. So long as you keep a little bit of that paranoia you mentioned you’ll be fine.

No telling how many miles I drove the old Ford I grew up on brake steering skidding logs.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
After the March Snowpocolypse dumping of 38", we got some 70s and 80s for temps that melted things right up and I have been able to get going on Spring chores.......Box Blade on the driveway to get things looking decent again after a rough winter.

We also lost the tops or whole of about 20-25 trees on the property so I've been cleaning that mess up. Making a pile, going to rent a chipper at some point, some things aren't worth buying and a good chipper is better to rent than a "meh" homeowner version or $2500+ PTO version that wouldn't get used enough.

My snowblower is off at the dealers to get fixed up after eating a few too many limbs during that nasty storm.

I love the darn Tractor Caddy for the ROPS.....toss the lopers, chainsaw, tools etc. up there keeps the small little yard trailer free for crap.

Dogs supervised......the young pup Tama is about to start a Spring of bird work with me at the local club to get her ready for the upcoming grouse and woodcock season.

The Morton is really an amazing addition for us........

IMG_4594.jpeg
IMG_4596 2 (1).jpeg
IMG_4605.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
After the March Snowpocolypse dumping of 38", we got some 70s and 80s for temps that melted things right up and I have been able to get going on Spring chores.......Box Blade on the driveway to get things looking decent again after a rough winter.

We also lost the tops or whole of about 20-25 trees on the property so I've been cleaning that mess up. Making a pile, going to rent a chipper at some point, some things aren't worth buying and a good chipper is better to rent than a "meh" homeowner version or $2500+ PTO version that wouldn't get used enough.

My snowblower is off at the dealers to get fixed up after eating a few too many limbs during that nasty storm.

I love the dark Tractor Caddy for the ROPS.....toss the lopers, chainsaw, tools etc. up there keeps the small little yard trailer free for crap.

Dogs supervised......the young pup Tama is about to start a Spring of bird work with me at the local club to get her ready for the upcoming grouse and woodcock season.

The Morton is really an amazing addition for us........

View attachment 100894 View attachment 100895 View attachment 100897
My Morton is now 39 years old.
Still "lookin good" as Mike Lindell says.

Reactions: 1 user

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Wow. I have virtually zero rocks on my place. Not sure if I’m jealous or thankful or some of both.
You should be thankful!
Imagine not even being to drive a T-Post without it taking a hard turn just 4" into the pounding!
The upside is, my customer is getting the bottom of his chicken coop outer perimeter rock almost free!
:)
20230414_181549[1].jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
You should be thankful!
Imagine not even being to drive a T-Post without it taking a hard turn just 4" into the pounding!
The upside is, my customer is getting the bottom of his chicken coop outer perimeter rock almost free!
:)
View attachment 100908
No joke on hitting rock with the Tposts. I had to reset one post 4 or 5 times last week before I could get it to go into the ground.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
No joke on hitting rock with the Tposts. I had to reset one post 4 or 5 times last week before I could get it to go into the ground.
Yeah, I grew up in Central Texas (Austin area) so the land there is just a little bit of top soil mixed in with all that limestone. Setting fence posts of any kind is a real chore.

When my Wife and I moved to East Texas one of the first things I noticed was how easy was to do fencing (mostly sandy/loam here).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Yeah, I grew up in Central Texas (Austin area) so the land their is just a little bit of top soil mixed in with all that limestone. Setting fence posts of any kind is a real chore.

When my Wife and I moved to East Texas one of the first things I noticed was how easy was to do fencing (mostly sandy/loam here).
I have 4' to 6' of soil in some areas, and 2 to 4inches of soil over caliche rock in other areas.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
lawn1.jpg

lawn2.jpg

My front lawn has been a borderline disaster for several years. This year the skunks destroyed was little sod was left digging for grubs. You can see the damage in the first picture between the back of the truck and the flower beds.

The salt/sand that washes off the road doesn't help, plus it was well over 50% broadleaf weeds. I've threatened for a couple of years to till it all under, scrape the dead sod and weeds off the top, put down some fresh loam and start over. This year it finally got to the point where I couldn't stand it any more, and I'm the LAST guy to be fussy about his lawn. My motto is "If it's green and I can run over it with a lawn mower, it's grass. If it's green and I can't run over it with a lawn mower, it's a tree..."

field.jpg

All the crap that's being scraped off the front is being used to fill holes and low spots in the old pasture.

Reactions: 7 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Gave the yard a go over with the core aerator after rolling it yesterday. Need to pressure wash and grease it before it goes back into storage.