Tile time

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Nice work! Are you adding in the back splash too? I find tiling oddly…. therapeutic!

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
John - - - looks great! (y)

Much like asphalt shingles, I've found tiles to be right-handed....this Lefty makes a real mess.

I always failed cut and paste in kindergarten. Hasn't gotten better. ;)

I've done some great door and window trims. Even a little crown moulding.

Attempts at tile and roofing.....aaahhh, we'll just say not so good... :oops: :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nice work! Are you adding in the back splash too? I find tiling oddly…. therapeutic!
Well come on over and I'll let you have some intense therapy!
I have three bathroom walls to do!

This is our foyer / front door entrance.
It will get LVP fitted up to it.

1679776452328.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
I was expecting field tile - LOL.

I did 2 of my hay fields last year. The google was nice enough to capture it for me.
tile.png

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Never done floor tiles. Only wall/ backsplash. Once I make it past the first outlet, I get my rhythm down and can get in the groove. Here is the second half. I did not do behind the fridge. We will most likely paint it a dark color to make it disappear. Having said that I have tile left over if the wife changes her mind. I bought a cheap Harbor Freight wet saw 15 yrs ago for $30 and it has paid me back tenfold. Used a glass blade for the porcelain tiles this time and no chip outs. Time for a frosty barley pop

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I was doing the backsplash. Counters and cabinets were from the build in 2017

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Well come on over and I'll let you have some intense therapy!
I have three bathroom walls to do!

This is our foyer / front door entrance.
It will get LVP fitted up to it.

View attachment 98796

I hope you are going to finish it square! I'd sure hate to try to fit LVP to that pattern! o_O

I just finished a large LVP project for my MIL. She bought a pallet of the stuff at HD. Didn't do any homework, just saw a sale and bought the whole pallet. It's decent stuff, but from a manufacturer that makes the tile only. No trim or transition pieces to match. I found something that worked, sort of, but the height is off. The transition piece is too high for the LVP by about a millimeter. I could not find anything to match the height, so I have a nice dirt catcher at each transition. Oh well, it's as good as it can be. I hate it. Looks good, except for the transitions. 🥴

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I hope you are going to finish it square! I'd sure hate to try to fit LVP to that pattern! o_O

I just finished a large LVP project for my MIL. She bought a pallet of the stuff at HD. Didn't do any homework, just saw a sale and bought the whole pallet. It's decent stuff, but from a manufacturer that makes the tile only. No trim or transition pieces to match. I found something that worked, sort of, but the height is off. The transition piece is too high for the LVP by about a millimeter. I could not find anything to match the height, so I have a nice dirt catcher at each transition. Oh well, it's as good as it can be. I hate it. Looks good, except for the transitions. 🥴
The LVP does get fitted to that pattern, I'll post a pic here when it get done.
We have only 2 transitions in the entire house, one at the doorway to the garage, and that is a ramp transition, and the joint at the tile, which will be a flush joint.
The floor around the tile has been prepped and ramped to make the LVP line up level.

The LVP I have is commercial grade, so a much heavier wear layer.
We have too many dogs not to go with the best we could.
It's also is thermal conductive LVP (we have heated floors).

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Very nice. (y) (y)

Did you use spacers to get the outlets flush with the new tile?
No. I would measure where the outlets fell in the sheet and the number those tiles, take a picture and cut them off the matrix. Install around the outlet and then do the cuts on the wet saw and install the cut pieces. The ears of the outlets/ switches rest on the tile and the cover plates hide my install sins

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
The LVP does get fitted to that pattern, I'll post a pic here when it get done.
We have only 2 transitions in the entire house, one at the doorway to the garage, and that is a ramp transition, and the joint at the tile, which will be a flush joint.

What about expansion room for the LVP? All the LVPs I have looked at require 1/4" gap at all edges for thermal expansion.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What about expansion room for the LVP? All the LVPs I have looked at require 1/4" gap at all edges for thermal expansion.
Yes there will be a 1/4 Caulk / expansion joint around the tile, it will just look like a grout joint.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Thanks. Always highly critical of my projects