Replaced BX turnbuckles

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Got these in the mail today and installed them. Hopefully they will make it easier to hookup and remove attachments.
AF17CC3C-6065-4F58-A510-0EE2EB5400BF.jpeg

Before
D24C0AED-DAF7-4C1E-A323-6181120FC7CB.jpeg

After
05B7D4FF-2C08-443E-841E-83D8E53EDF4F.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Where did you get them?

Edit: Something doesn’t look right. Could the left lift arm be bent a bit more than original? I mean with respect to the right side…I do like the solution. Sure beats my use of chains for that purpose on my BX.

Last edited:

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Where did you get them?

Edit: Something doesn’t look right. Could the left lift arm be bent a bit more than original? I mean with respect to the right side…
Ebay
4BC109AD-82D5-4CE9-B386-D1E15F136378.jpeg

I haven’t looked closely at the lift arms, but I don’t believe one is bent more. I think it is the angle of the pick and also the box scraper that is attached could be shifted to the side some. I will have to check when I get the BX out on a level surface.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
to me, I see a couple of potential issues with your set up.

1) are your lift links correct? It looks like the one on the left needs to be spun a180 degrees. Yellow arrow.
2) Your implement isn't centered. look at the holes in the telescoping stabilizers....(circled in red)

lower links circled.jpg

I do like the telescoping stabilizers though. Similar to what's on my B2650. You will as well.

I had the traditional turnbuckles on my old BX23. They are total crap. I bent (and replaced) many of them over the 12 years I had that machine.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
to me, I see a couple of potential issues with your set up.

1) are your lift links correct? It looks like the one on the left needs to be spun a180 degrees. Yellow arrow.
2) Your implement isn't centered. look at the holes in the telescoping stabilizers....(circled in red)

View attachment 93617

I do like the telescoping stabilizers though. Similar to what's on my B2650. You will as well.

I had the traditional turnbuckles on my old BX23. They are total crap. I bent (and replaced) many of them over the 12 years I had that machine.
It’s possible the lift link is not correct. I haven’t touched them since I got the tractor about 3 years ago. I will take a look at it when I ge the tractor out and on flat ground.

As far as the implement not being centered and the holes being off. You are correct. I just threw the new stabilizer bars on with the tractor in the shed and the box blade already attached. Put the pins I. Where they currently were. Probably means the turnbuckles were not set to even lengths. They were also bent.
Looking forward to being able to tell with these stabilizers.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The pins are in different holes in the third pic . Good eye !
animal

I noticed that too, and that may answer my question. I think if the whole works is shifted to the right, as the stabilizers come to be equal in length, the space between the lift arms and stabilizers will come to be about equal.

Not sure, but I think the lift rods on my BX are oriented the same as Jeremy’s…I drilled a second set of holes in the lift rod ends to get a little more lift at the ends of the arms. That was about 15 years ago and I never regretted it. Made swinging a six foot landscape rake around 180 degrees possible.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
It’s possible the lift link is not correct. I haven’t touched them since I got the tractor about 3 years ago. I will take a look at it when I ge the tractor out and on flat ground.

As far as the implement not being centered and the holes being off. You are correct. I just threw the new stabilizer bars on with the tractor in the shed and the box blade already attached. Put the pins I. Where they currently were. Probably means the turnbuckles were not set to even lengths. They were also bent.
Looking forward to being able to tell with these stabilizers.
No worries. It will be much easier to center it with the telescoping stabilizers for sure. They will be a huge improvement. Regarding the lift link...I really couldn't tell from your pic. It 's the top of the lift link that makes it easier to understand.

lift link.JPG

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Both arms are manufactured the same. The left is flipped over in the opposite direction as the right arm. I have a pair of Kubota's arms that were originally designed for a larger tractor than the BX, and it was a common part exchange that was touted many times over on the old TBN. Not quite as slick looking as what is presently available, but keep in mind that there were adapted from a much larger machine 20 years ago. You will note, counting from the ball up 4 holes, you will see a longer slotted hole, and this is to allow the 3-point hitch arms to have some sway. I am a friend of Junkman, and we walked in the same footsteps in the snow.

3 point arms.JPG

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
"1) are your lift links correct? It looks like the one on the left needs to be spun a180 degrees. Yellow arrow.
"

Often, the clevis part of the lift link are not aligned with the threaded part. Rotating the bottom 180 degrees would put the clevis in a bind with the lift arm

I USUALLY* have the pins in the stabilizers in different holes when comparing sides. I pick up the implement without having the pins in place, roughly center it and drop one pin. Then I swing the implement a bit side to side and chose the location for the second pin that allows the implement a little freedom.

* EDITED

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Those are pretty slick, and look a lot easier than two 3/4” wrenches loosening and tightening the arms. I put a quick hitch on a few years ago, and it’s by far the easiest way to switch implements. I only have to take the arms off for the backhoe, and take the quick hitch off for the post hole digger.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I hadn't even thought of looking for them on eBay or elsewhere, but I also picked up a set of these - https://www.messicks.com/part/K2561-38300FR/telescopic-stabilizer-kit-kubota-bx-series - I also replaced all the cotter pins with hairpin cotter clips, as I can't stand cotter pins. The rear blower seems a lot more secured in place, and as others have stated, no need for lots of tools to adjust.
I will be replacing the cotter pins when I get the tractor out or the shed

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Hey guys, when you install your new flat adjustable stabilizers, here is just a little helpful info. Replace those pins they come with, with a set of these locking style pins. So far i`ve lost the original pins twice now because the hair pin clip can get knocked off (or come loose eventually). These locking pins are the way to go. I haven`t lost a lock pin since going to these. Not to mention, my old hands no longer drop the hair pins trying to get them back in the hole, nore do i lose them anymore. These new snap pins have the locking hair pin attached to the main pin. You can get them at your local tractor supply places. I think mine were $6 for 2 of them. I bought a couple extra just to keep them handy in my tractor toolbox just incase. Anyway, i hope this might help some of you fellas out. I couldn`t be happier with mine. Its makes the adjustments so much easier and faster.

1673504633991.png

Reactions: 1 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Ebay
View attachment 93615

I haven’t looked closely at the lift arms, but I don’t believe one is bent more. I think it is the angle of the pick and also the box scraper that is attached could be shifted to the side some. I will have to check when I get the BX out on a level surface.
Same place i bought mine from for my BX23s. So far so good, they are holding up very well! Hey Jeremy, take a look at my post (#14), go get some of those pins like i posted. Thank me later, lol. You`ll love how much better they`ll work vs the pins they sent with your stabilizers.

Last edited:

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I saw those on Ebay and Amazon. They are on my list of items I need to add. The turnbuckles are a pain.
You likely won`t regret getting them. I`ve been very pleased with mine, so far. I`m sure at some time, with heavy use, they WILL elongate the holes, bend the pins at some point, but that`s the price we pay for this type of stabilizer. I figure these would save me a ton of time over adjusting the OEM turn buckle style. Wrenching vs move a pin quick, back in business faster, it was a no brainer decision. I think these will outlast those OEM ones easily.

Last edited:

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Guys, when i installed my flat bar stabilizers, i noticed that they didn`t fall center line to the cross bar rod that holds the plate in place under the PTO. I thought about that, could they bind up as they move up and down if not running center to the lift arms? I flipped my plate over, and now the stabilizers run center line with the arms. I don`t see any issues running the plate upside down, yet, but the arms seem to go up and down smoother (?). What do you guys think of it. Should i put it back the way it came, or leave it flipped over.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Guys, when i installed my flat bar stabilizers, i noticed that they didn`t fall center line to the cross bar rod that holds the plate in place under the PTO. I thought about that, could they bind up as they move up and down if not running center to the lift arms? I flipped my plate over, and now the stabilizers run center line with the arms. I don`t see any issues running the plate upside down, yet, but the arms seem to go up and down smoother (?). What do you guys think of it. Should i put it back the way it came, or leave it flipped over.
Sorry, can you post some pictures as to what you're referencing? Not sure what plate you flipped over? Did you change the elbow end, so that its angling into the center? I'm not sure that would work.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Sorry, can you post some pictures as to what you're referencing? Not sure what plate you flipped over? Did you change the elbow end, so that its angling into the center? I'm not sure that would work.
Sorry, i`m not able to post a picture of it right now, maybe later i might be able to get a picture of it.
There is only one plate on the 3pt hitch assembly. Its the one up on the tractor just above the hitch. And yes, it works just fine. Actually as i said earlier, mine seems to work much smoother flipped over. I only posted what i did to see if anyone else had tried it, and wondered what they thought of doing it.