What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Given enough time, I am relatively certain that she will forgive you. If not, keep drying your tarps on the clothesline. :)
[/QUOTE

Not quite right!
She MAY forgive him, but she will never forget!
He will hear about: "the time you dried your damn tarps on my clothes line"......FOREVER!:ROFLMAO:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Matt, my first thought was "wow, those logs split really clean!". Then I realized or assumed that you were cutting them through the long axis before splitting. Is that easier than rolling them to the splitter? Just wondering about the method to the madness. Nice looking wood for sure though.
I didn’t feel like man handling them, that's a 395 with 28" bar for scale, so they were noodled once. Should have went to quarters, the halves were still heavy. And the noodles make very good tender.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I was doing firewood again today and I can't believe I got both of these picked up at one time. Good thing I have a lot of ballast on the 3pt. I have been very happy with the Homestead grapple. I wish I would have gotten a grapple a long time ago.

14_41_00.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
I was doing firewood again today and I can't believe I got both of these picked up at one time. Good thing I have a lot of ballast on the 3pt. I have been very happy with the Homestead grapple. I wish I would have gotten a grapple a long time ago.

View attachment 90949
I see that you did it, I admire that you did it, but I wonder ... why you did it ?

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Cut down some small trash trees alongside the trail along the creek and chipped them up with the WM WC46. Got all but about 100 yards to do for tomorrow. Took 2 1/4 hours before I pooped out.

Plugged up the discharge chute once.

Beemover

Equipment
B20, rear blade
Nov 16, 2022
Bc Canada
Satisfying day today. Replaced the ignition switch, put in a nice new steering column bushing, and fixed (reconnected really) the hazard flashers on the old B20.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was up early this morning and figured I'd get a start on snow removal before it got any warmer. A wet snow for sure, and only an inch or two, but 30 minutes later I had 9,000 sq.ft. of asphalt and 200 yards of gravel driveway cleared.

I've said a number of times that if I had to give up a tractor it'd be the MX rather than the M, and that's still true, but I'd sure miss the MX. It's such a good tractor for removing snow. The cab, the hydraulic blade, the blower with hydraulic chute rotation and deflection, HST, its "compact" size and excellent maneuverability all add up to one really good system. I need to be able to move snow for around 4 months each year so I sure hope I can hang onto both tractors!

The chute didn't plug at all ... but it hasn't ever since I removed the grill/grate from the chute.

mx6000_blade&blower_nov22_03.jpg

mx6000_blade&blower_nov22_04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I was up early this morning and figured I'd get a start on snow removal before it got any warmer. A wet snow for sure, and only an inch or two, but 30 minutes later I had 9,000 sq.ft of asphalt and 200 yards of gravel driveway cleared.

I've said a number of times that if I had to give up a tractor it'd be the MX rather than the M, and that's still true, but I'd sure miss the MX. It's such a good tractor for removing snow. The cab, the hydraulic blade, the blower with hydraulic chute rotation and deflection, HST, it's "compact" size and excellent maneuverability all add up to one really good system. I need to be able to move snow for around 4 months each year so I sure hope I can hang onto both tractors!

The chute didn't plug at all ... but it hasn't ever since I removed the grill/grate from the chute.

View attachment 91100

View attachment 91101
that looks like an awesome snow setup for sure !
We also do snow removal for 4-5 months/year (NB, Canada on a high ridgetop) but my toy is much, MUCH smaller.
Certainly could use something like that - very nice !

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
that looks like an awesome snow setup for sure !
We also do snow removal for 4-5 months/year (NB, Canada on a high ridgetop) but my toy is much, MUCH smaller.
Certainly could use something like that - very nice !
Thanks! This is my second winter using this setup. I used a BX25D for five winters running a front snow blower and I hated using it on the gravel driveway. Nothing but frustration. I was ok without a cab, although it was miserable if the "cold smoke" hit me in the face which it often did, but I'm never going back to an open station for snow removal, and most definitely not for pulling the flail or rotary cutter around. Basically I'm not going back to an open station! :LOL:

I ran the MX6000HST for one winter with the blade and blower shown and it was ok. Obviously not as comfortable as a heated cab with decent exterior lights. A lot of people talk about the discomfort that comes with a rear facing snow blower. I get it that for some it's uncomfortable, but there are ways to make make it less painful. I turn my body in the seat so that I'm facing the right side of the tractor and I find that to be just fine. If I ran a snowblower all day I'd buy a front facing model, or a front facing pull behind model, but for my needs this SB1574 is just fine and it does a great job.

There's a Kubota front facing snow blower and sub-frame for L6060/MX6000 tractors on Craigslist. I bought a disc harrow and welding table from the individual selling the blower. He's asking $7k but it's just not worth it to me.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I was up early this morning and figured I'd get a start on snow removal before it got any warmer.
Okay... a dumb question. In seeing photos on here over the years I've often wondered, do you have to drive in reverse to use the snow blower? Seems obvious since its on the back, but also seems very inconvenient to have to try and look backward the entire time your removing snow. Especially 9,000 sqft and 200 yards of drive.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Okay... a dumb question. In seeing photos on here over the years I've often wondered, do you have to drive in reverse to use the snow blower? Seems obvious since its on the back, but also seems very inconvenient to have to try and look backward the entire time your removing snow. Especially 9,000 sqft and 200 yards of drive.
If the snow blower is on the 3pt, yes you have to backup. I have seen one 3pt mounted blower that you can drive forward.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
There are 3pt blowers and then there are pull type 3pt blowers. Pros and cons to each. I like a 3 point blower cause I can still use forks to move firewood. I got a pull type so I don't have to crank my neck for an hour and a half while doing the driveway and quarter mile or so of private road.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
water service replacement yesterday turned into jackhammering a driveway and all the rest of the festivities well until dark. I didn't get a lot of pics this time, but one features the two "oranges" on the job.

Saved the walkway here...
H4-MEN271 1.JPG

Hammer, dig. Repeat.

H4-MEN271 2.JPG

H4-MEN271 3.JPG

done...cleanup the next day. driveway needs to be pressure washed.

H4-MEN271 4.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I use the plow on the 200 yard gravel driveway and the snow blower on the asphalt. I can do the asphalt in 15 minutes or less so it's not a big deal to look out the back window. As I said in my earlier post, I turn in the seat so that I'm facing to the right.

I don't like driving over snow and compacting it before trying to remove it so that's one of the things I like about the rear facing snow blower. A front mounted snow blower would be the best solution, but I'm not spending $7k or more on one of those, and in addition, I would need to put the snow blade on the other tractor. As it is, I'm very pleased with the setup I have.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Swapped out the bucket and BB for the stump bucket and subsoiler. Dug up a dozen small stumps with the subsoiler. Only had one that made me use the stump bucket. I prefer ripping them out rather than digging them up. Smaller craters to deal with later. Swapped the stump bucket and subsoiler the grapple and BB. Will drop the scarifiers to the lowest detent and use it to drag surface roots into a pile, then grab them with the grapple and pile them on the biopile. It’s getting huge and the little critters are lovin it.
Learned (the hard way) not to leave the grapple fully open when I store it. Had to bleed the pressure off the rod side hose to reconnect it today. Oops! It must not have any air at all in it because less than a teaspoon of oil oozed out when I loosened the JIC Tee. Pretty sure I cycled the valve to prevent this when I took it off last week. I turn on the ignition but don’t start the tractor and then cycle the 3FV a couple times to bleed the lines. I could push the poppet in on the tractor side, so knew what the problem was pretty quick.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I use the plow on the 200 yard gravel driveway and the snow blower on the asphalt. I can do the asphalt in 15 minutes or less so it's not a big deal to look out the back window. As I said in my earlier post, I turn in the seat so that I'm facing to the right.

I don't like driving over snow and compacting it before trying to remove it so that's one of the things I like about the rear facing snow blower. A front mounted snow blower would be the best solution, but I'm not spending $7k or more on one of those, and in addition, I would need to put the snow blade on the other tractor. As it is, I'm very pleased with the setup I have.
I don't look back much I use the mirrors I have the lane marked well with reflective markers and I put a big display wireless camera to help see what's back there but like you my lane is only 1500ft so it don't take long and out at the road I use my front plow to open it up and push everything back. I like the MX a lot better than the skid steer I can see a lot better out of the MX cab.

Reactions: 1 users

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Swapped out the bucket and BB for the stump bucket and subsoiler. Dug up a dozen small stumps with the subsoiler. Only had one that made me use the stump bucket. I prefer ripping them out rather than digging them up. Smaller craters to deal with later. Swapped the stump bucket and subsoiler the grapple and BB. Will drop the scarifiers to the lowest detent and use it to drag surface roots into a pile, then grab them with the grapple and pile them on the biopile. It’s getting huge and the little critters are lovin it.
Learned (the hard way) not to leave the grapple fully open when I store it. Had to bleed the pressure off the rod side hose to reconnect it today. Oops! It must not have any air at all in it because less than a teaspoon of oil oozed out when I loosened the JIC Tee. Pretty sure I cycled the valve to prevent this when I took it off last week. I turn on the ignition but don’t start the tractor and then cycle the 3FV a couple times to bleed the lines. I could push the poppet in on the tractor side, so knew what the problem was pretty quick.
What brand grapple do you have? When it's in the open position are the cylinders extended or retracted?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
What brand grapple do you have? When it's in the open position are the cylinders extended or retracted?
Retracted. That gives a little more grip when closing.
It’s made by LS Tractors. There’s a photo of it in this thread somewhere that shows the model number. Fairly light duty, but all I need is something to pick up deadfall, rotted leaf mass, and brush. I don’t plan to use it as a root rake. I do that with the scarifiers on the box blade. I may move a few small logs with it, but nothing of significant size. My LX is traction limited when pushing, and the grapple would probably bend if I get too rough with it. I wanted something for the lifting, and didn’t want to chew up all my loader capacity with the weight of the grapple It does what I need, though.