Is it worth messing with

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
@CiscoRanger came here with an L4150 project last month. His is 4WD and has a loader. You may want to read his thread, I think I remember him having a 3PH issue. I think the lever you moved was the draft control.

We don't know what your tasks are. 2WD is less than optimum for loader work, but that 50 HP 5 cylinder should be a good utility tractor for brush cutting etc. I think it has hydraulic shuttle, doesn't it?

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
dang he bought a RUNNING tractor for less than $1000 !!!!
he STOLE it !!! :)
at least HIS 'winter project ' runs........

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
@CiscoRanger came here with an L4150 project last month. His is 4WD and has a loader. You may want to read his thread, I think I remember him having a 3PH issue. I think the lever you moved was the draft control.

We don't know what your tasks are. 2WD is less than optimum for loader work, but that 50 HP 5 cylinder should be a good utility tractor for brush cutting etc. I think it has hydraulic shuttle, doesn't it?
I believe it does have a hydraulic shuttle.

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
I believe it does have a hydraulic shuttle.
Congrats on the L4150! Mine was a fun project (that I'm not quite done with) thanks to a lot of great folks on here. Some of the project fun has gone on hold due to work picking up and getting ready for the holidays, etc. But, I'll sure try to help answer any questions I can. just @ me.

My 3pt wouldnt raise because I disconnected the loader and didnt loop the hyd lines. After that it was fine. It wouldnt lower under it's own power because the lower adjustment knob under the seat was stuck closed. I think an overnight shot of Kroil (highly recommend) and some working back and forth with pliers - at the valve side, not the knob side so you dont break the cable - was all it took.

Best of luck!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
This is it. I’m going to pick it up in the AM.
Those front tires look.....different than I'd expect. I'm used to seeing a ridge around them, they don't look to have much lateral purchase.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Those front tires are just wore slap out!!
Can't really tell, but looks like they were 3 ribbed tires and the center rib is wore down. It's two wheel drive so you can put any tire the fits the wheel (and not too wide) to replace them. If they're 16" (tractor data shows 6.50x16) any used small truck tire with tread of your choice will be fine.

calibdovah

Equipment
L3410 GST
Nov 1, 2022
Louisiana,USA
I’m looking for a used tractor for not too much that can use some tlc. Friend’s brother has kubota l4150 that the don’t use anymore. 2wd, no loader and 1800hrs. Parked up 4-5 years ago and last cranked about 2 years ago. Said the lift arms would not respond or not lift last they used it. Assuming it starts with new battery or pull-starting. Is it worth messing with for $1000-$1500 and someone that has mechanical skills but doesn’t know jack hydraulics? A tinker project without major money invested.
I recently bought a 20yr old l3410 that had hydraulic leaks, no seat, and hasn't been started for over a year AND it was left in the field. I charged the battery and it cranked right up, then I got to fixing it's issues. For the amount I paid for it, with the parts and expenses, I still paid a lot less than what newer tractors are going for where I am from. It's all about what the work would be worth to you in the long run.