changing a hydraulic 1/2" male Quick connect to a 1/4" female quick connect

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Ha so I put it all together and the QC does not fit into the one on the third function. Also there is enough hose to wrap around the tractor one time before pluging it in. sending it all back and starting over;

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ha so I put it all together and the QC does not fit into the one on the third function. Also there is enough hose to wrap around the tractor one time before pluging it in. sending it all back and starting over;
As you have discovered "Kubota type" coupler is not definitive. The very first thing you need to do is identify the type of coupler on your third function. It should have a model number stamped on it. Something like Faster NV or Safeway S45 or Pioneer 4200. Find that part number and use it to determine the size and industry standard type of the tractor side coupler. Then we can match that up to the hoses on the implement.

Dan

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
next time... consider Princess Auto for hydraulics......
been dealing with them since 1976ish...GREAT customer service !
Rebuilt the dump trailer using their parts , ZERO problems and ALL the right parts the FIRST time.....
Thank you - I do not live near one but now have gone to the website and there are some great items there. the prices are really good as well. We live pretty rural and I am always looking for an alternative to amazon for items that I cannot get locally. Bezos is rich enough.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
As you have discovered "Kubota type" coupler is not definitive. The very first thing you need to do is identify the type of coupler on your third function. It should have a model number stamped on it. Something like Faster NV or Safeway S45 or Pioneer 4200. Find that part number and use it to determine the size and industry standard type of the tractor side coupler. Then we can match that up to the hoses on the implement.

Dan
Thank you there are no id marks on the coupling at all. nothing. on the male or the female from the grapple. My receipt for the grapple says
*380-150A HOSE KIT 3RD FUNCT,
PIONEER 44"

and the measurement across the top of the male is .800 " so I am assuming this is a standard pioneer agricultural QC with a 1/4" body. Snow will be here soon and I do not want to order the wrong one again.

thank you

Ben

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Thank you there are no id marks on the coupling at all. nothing. on the male or the female from the grapple. My receipt for the grapple says
PIONEER 44"

and the measurement across the top of the male is .800 " so I am assuming this is a standard pioneer agricultural QC with a 1/4" body. Snow will be here soon and I do not want to order the wrong one again.

thank you

Ben
Just buy 2 pairs and install them. That way they will match no matter what the configuration is. I prefer the new flat face couplers. Just make sure that you have the correct coupler for your hose end fitting.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
PIONEER 44"

thank you

Ben
That 380-150A part number comes up as a Landpride 44" third function hose kit with two Pioneer coupler halves - one m,ale and one female. The couplers have #8 ORB ports and the hoses have #8 male ORB end fittings. Its also says the coupler dust plugs and caps are 1/2" AG style. Parts manual link here:

If those descriptions are correct you should be able to walk into any tractor supply and buy 1/2" AG poppet style couplers that will work with it.

Dan

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
That 380-150A part number comes up as a Landpride 44" third function hose kit with two Pioneer coupler halves - one m,ale and one female. The couplers have #8 ORB ports and the hoses have #8 male ORB end fittings. Its also says the coupler dust plugs and caps are 1/2" AG style. Parts manual link here:

If those descriptions are correct you should be able to walk into any tractor supply and buy 1/2" AG poppet style couplers that will work with it.

Dan

Dan
Thank you that is very helpful, my tractor has two male couplers mounted on the loader. the distance across the end of the coupler is .560" ( I just remeasured it and was confused in my previous post) According to summit hyd that would be a 1/4" body so should I buy 1/4" ag poppet style couplers. thank you I am sorry I am dense when it comes to hydraulic couplings and ironically I ran a screw machine for Parker for 7 years and probably made a million of the damn things.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Just buy 2 pairs and install them. That way they will match no matter what the configuration is. I prefer the new flat face couplers. Just make sure that you have the correct coupler for your hose end fitting.
Thank you I want to match the couplers on the grapple as well

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
So the saga continues. I went to a hydraulic place and took the female coupling with me off of the grapple. Brought home two female quick disconnects and the mating hardware to connect to the hose. Hooked everything up and the male on the tractor will not fit. the diameter of the female is too small.. I called the dealer and they are sending the correct 1/4" female couplings. but it will be more than twice the price. I guess different manufactures have different size disconnects even though they are in a 1/4" body agricultural pioneer style. I find that a little crazy you would think it would be standarized. you can see from the pictures that the diameter of the top one is smaller than the bottom one which is on the grapple. I am glad that it will be fixed and the dealer as always has been very great and able to solve the problem. I am just writing about it as a cautionary tale. Quick disconnects do not mix and match.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So the saga continues. I went to a hydraulic place and took the female coupling with me off of the grapple. Brought home two female quick disconnects and the mating hardware to connect to the hose. Hooked everything up and the male on the tractor will not fit. the diameter of the female is too small.. I called the dealer and they are sending the correct 1/4" female couplings. but it will be more than twice the price. I guess different manufactures have different size disconnects even though they are in a 1/4" body agricultural pioneer style. I find that a little crazy you would think it would be standarized. you can see from the pictures that the diameter of the top one is smaller than the bottom one which is on the grapple. I am glad that it will be fixed and the dealer as always has been very great and able to solve the problem. I am just writing about it as a cautionary tale. Quick disconnects do not mix and match.
There are different profiles in each body size. They sre defined by various different ISO and. Industry standards You have to know both size and standard. when buying. That is why I encouraged you to find part numbers on your couplers and look them up in the OEM catalog. Right now there is no guarantee the Kubota couplers will fit.

Dan

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
When I needed hoses made for the JD425 blade I put on my BX, I took the Kubota 4 hose mount, one JD hose from the blade and a fitting from one of the cylinders to Valparaiso Hydraulics (Valparaiso, IN). He made up the hoses per my length measurements with all the correct fittings.
A8A47A8E-33D7-4CEA-9FF3-BEE1C539BB21.jpeg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
When I needed hoses made for the JD425 blade I put on my BX, I took the Kubota 4 hose mount, one JD hose from the blade and a fitting from one of the cylinders to you are fortunate to have them nearby. alparaiso Hydraulics (Valparaiso, IN). He made up the hoses per my length measurements with all the correct fittings. View attachment 90831
You are fortunate to have them nearby. Valparaiso is one of relatively few Faster distributors in the US. He stocks and knows those couplers well.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
There are different profiles in each body size. They sre defined by various different ISO and. Industry standards You have to know both size and standard. when buying. That is why I encouraged you to find part numbers on your couplers and look them up in the OEM catalog. Right now there is no guarantee the Kubota couplers will fit.

Dan
thank you There were no markings on the coupler at all nothing. The kubota dealer installed the original couplings on the grapple and third function. Hopefully they know what they installed. I guess I will know next week.