LX2610 60" MMM Noise...help?

Bdubz

Equipment
LX2610, 60"MMM, FEL, Grapple, Box Blade, Tiller, Moldboard Plow, 5' Snow Plow
May 18, 2022
Western New York
Yes, I agree. The problem is they do not have others currently in stock to try. I asked about that and at least swapping out the PTO shaft but they don't have a spare of those either. The dealer is willing to help, but I thought I'd try to gather some insight here as well...which I am and am very thankful for everyone's input!
Have a listen...if this video loads prope
Yes, I agree. The problem is they do not have others currently in stock to try. I asked about that and at least swapping out the PTO shaft but they don't have a spare of those either. The dealer is willing to help, but I thought I'd try to gather some insight here as well...which I am and am very thankful for everyone's input!
I'm trying to post a 1 second compressed zip video file (about 8mb)...and says file is too large. Any ideas?

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’d ask the dealer to contact Kubota and file a complaint if they have not already. I would want to some traceability from your complaints so they are recorded.

Bdubz

Equipment
May 18, 2022
Western New York
Have a listen...if this video loads prope

I'm trying to post a 1 second compressed zip video file (about 8mb)...and says file is too large. Any ideas?
Here ....I hope...is an an audio file of the noise when the deck is is the down position (anytime it's in the lower half of the lift range). I'll try and post one with it running in the upper half too.

Attachments

Bdubz

Equipment
May 18, 2022
Western New York
Here ....I hope...is an an audio file of the noise when the deck is is the down position (anytime it's in the lower half of the lift range). I'll try and post one with it running in the upper half too.
Here is the deck engaged and lifted up about 1/2 way. This sounds like it should while mowing.

Attachments

Bdubz

Equipment
May 18, 2022
Western New York
I’d ask the dealer to contact Kubota and file a complaint if they have not already. I would want to some traceability from your complaints so they are recorded.
Yes, they say they have...and I have work order copies from both visits the tractor made to the the dealership during diagnosis. Again, there answer is basically, it's under warranty. Waiting to see what/if Kubota responds.

Reactions: 1 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Where are you located.?

My 60" mmm hasn't been used yet. To close to the tires.

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
I listened to your audio clips and they are just to short for my ears. Since the deck position you say makes a difference and changes as you raise and lower mower, I would look at the drive shaft and U joints. Is the gear box oil level correct and right type? Being very careful, I would put someone in the seat and run the mower while I watched underneath. Any wobble in the drive shaft? Maybe drive shaft is bent or out of balance? Has dealer swapped out driveshaft?

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Any new news on this?

I still haven't got to use our MMM on the LX2610.

Is there anything to check before we fire it up?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Any new news on this?

I still haven't got to use our MMM on the LX2610.

Is there anything to check before we fire it up?
Good idea to verify the installation adjustments in the Mower Operator's Manual.

Not all dealers take the time to properly install and adjust.

Bdubz

Equipment
May 18, 2022
Western New York
So...after a LOT of chasing and patience...another local dealer took the tractor in for a week and went over all adjustments, gearbox, pto shaft for the deck. They "lubed the $h@t" out of everything to quote the service manager. They said the noise is coming from the PTO shaft...with "95% certainty". After all is said and done, the noise is still present (which the dealer said), but it is substantially decreased. I was given a copy of the diag/remedy so its at least documented. It IS much more pleasurable to use, not perfect, but much better. Also...they have seen others with the same noise/issue now as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Good idea to verify the installation adjustments in the Mower Operator's Manual.

Not all dealers take the time to properly install and adjust.
Thanks. I will check it as best I can.
I hope ours is adjusted correctly now. It's been back to the dealership 3 times, just for that. The orange piece that hooks over the 3 point and connects to the deck lift linkage kept bending.

Attachments

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
So...after a LOT of chasing and patience...another local dealer took the tractor in for a week and went over all adjustments, gearbox, pto shaft for the deck. They "lubed the $h@t" out of everything to quote the service manager. They said the noise is coming from the PTO shaft...with "95% certainty". After all is said and done, the noise is still present (which the dealer said), but it is substantially decreased. I was given a copy of the diag/remedy so its at least documented. It IS much more pleasurable to use, not perfect, but much better. Also...they have seen others with the same noise/issue now as well.
How far lapped is the slip slide, on the drive shaft, when the deck is all the way down?