B7100 hydraulic problems on FEL

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
You can verify that with a simple test.
  1. Remount the lift cylinders and connect the base ends to the UP port on the control valve.
  2. DO NOT connect the rod ends. Instead put pipe plugs in the rod end ports on both cylinders. That effectively turns them into single acting displacement cylinders.
  3. Run a hose from the loader rod end port on the control valve to the hydraulic filler on the transmission. This provides a path for the down pressure oil flow that the valve will generate. DO NOT plug the port - that will deadhead the valve when you lower the loader
Now make sure the return hose is securely installed in the filler opening, start the tractor, and run the loader up and down. It should operate normally except you will not have any down pressure on the lift arms.

Dan
Great guidance thus far, Dan. I’m taking screenshots of your diagnostic steps. They will get laminated and placed in my Kubota notebook in the shop. That will keep my ipad clean and out of the shop!

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
I believe mine sat for years. In Florida, that’s a no-no. I don’t think the previous owner did very much maintenance. The oil was extremely dark, the hyd fluid was white, and the motor leaked everywhere. The clutch went out on me after day two, which I replaced but clearly did something wrong. While apart, I oulled the motor and replaced several gaskets and adjusted the valves. The injectors and injection pump were badly corroded and didn’t function. I replaced most of the hydraulic hoses plus the controller (Dan helped me with that too). Now the motor runs great and the FEL as well….just need to figure out the clutch.

My justification for putting more money into it was I knew I was getting closer to stopping the bleeding. Plus, affordable Compact tractors with FEls are suddenly rare here.

Used parts are hard to find, but another forum member that lives an hour away has the back half of a B7100D gear driven. Gonna pick it up this weekend for a good price!

Good luck with your FEL!
Yeah you hit the jack pot better grab that parts tractor for sure. And yeah I could of bought a new compact tractor but then I wouldn’t have anything to work on. What’s the fun in that?? 😂

Reactions: 1 user

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
Yeah you hit the jack pot better grab that parts tractor for sure. And yeah I could of bought a new compact tractor but then I wouldn’t have anything to work on. What’s the fun in that?? 😂
Bingo! My problem is I need to finish converting my 1954 pickup to a 2002 s10 frame and drivetrain. But doing tractor stuff with the loader is much funner!

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
Im not a hydraulic gooru by anymeans but id say your missing some o-rings on the piston. If your going to rebuild the 3, rebuild all four and call it a day. I bought the special tool to install the inner seals but didnt need to use it, it was simple enough to wiggle them into place by hand and a little oil.

Like oldhokie mentioned earlier, its not too much more to purchase brand new cylinders for these machines. Seal kits for my loader were 80 bucks each from kubota, some have taken the seals to a hydraulic shop and had the old ones matched for far less. Or a new cylinder was 150 bucks or so and you dont have to do any of it except install them.