Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I would like to get some of the warnings etc especially the California cancer one off. That one really annoys me!
I like the Californian stickers. I like to know that if I drove my tractor in California I'd get cancer, but since I'm not in California I'm good.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

enriquesonora

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 66" bucket, BB1266...
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
I ordered an LX2610SU on July 14th and we agreed on a quote. The salesperson basically said he didn't really have a delivery date shorter than 3 to 8 months and that I just need sit back and wait for a call.
This is my first tractor purchase and I don't know if this is the best way get this tractor. I haven't paid for anything yet, and I haven't decided on whether to finance or get financing and pay cash for the tractor and implements? what do you guys think, any advice?

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There are a lot of tractors that will fulfill your needs. I would consider other models, but also, give other fairly local dealers a call to find out what is in stock.

You'll probably survive with a slightly smaller/larger tractor just fine. Even if money didn't matter, you can still get too much tractor.

Fwiw, I'd look at L3560LE or L4060LE if you want a cab or B2650s in the used market. If you don't need a cab, also consider those same models as well as the L2501.

Good luck.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Buying a tractor is no different than a car/truck right now. Everyone is behind in production. The issue with waiting is the tractor may come in without the loader if you ordered one. I would search dealer inventory in the area and see what is around. I have not had good luck in the used market. The prices are through the roof. If you look at your needs and do not want the cab a B series or an L may be good too if you can find one. I have no regrets with my L3302 I upgraded to a few months ago.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
I ordered an LX2610SU on July 14th and we agreed on a quote. The salesperson basically said he didn't really have a delivery date shorter than 3 to 8 months and that I just need sit back and wait for a call.
This is my first tractor purchase and I don't know if this is the best way get this tractor. I haven't paid for anything yet, and I haven't decided on whether to finance or get financing and pay cash for the tractor and implements? what do you guys think, any advice?
If I were in your shoes, I’d call other dealers within a few hour radius. Without getting my hopes up. Then I’d just wait. Impatiently. Hah.

Used tractors cost way too much in my opinion.

You could look at different brands, of course. But I wouldn’t want to have to live with an inferior machine, even if I got it sooner.

If you need work done more urgently, maybe you could rent something for a week? Or find a local with a machine who will work for not much more per hour than the rental fee.

Good luck!

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Still a lot of supply chain issues. Everything from start to finish - materials to build the tractor to workers to do the assembly to truck drivers to deliver.

As other's have said, I'd check other "local" dealers (reasonable driving distance) if you have an immediate need or chose a different model based on what "local" dealers do have if possible.

If you need a rental, check out ace hardware or home depot in addition to usual rental companies. Here in GA, some of the ACE hardwares have kubota tractors (with backhoe attachment) for rent.

Dan

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I'm not ordering anything right now but a Kubota salesman recently told me for an L4701 with BH, at least a year.

• Wow

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
I'm not ordering anything right now but a Kubota salesman recently told me for an L4701 with BH, at least a year.
Wow. I ordered mine last August. Took six month to get the tractor with loader. Then another four to get the hoe.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
I walked into the dealer in May to inquire about and L. They had a few 3302 and 3902 in stock with loaders and the 3rd function was in stock. I ordered it that day. They come in batches it seems. Now dealer has some LX's again but supply chain issues with the loaders.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
If I were you, I'd patiently wait for your order. Why are you second quessing your original decision? Your dealer sounds like an honest one. Patience is what I would have in your situation.

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Find another dealer. Machines aren’t really in short supply.

I was given the 6-8 month excuse by local dealers. I searched a little further away to a larger dealer and had the machine I wanted delivered in under two weeks, with kubota 3rd function & rear valves. They are out there, some dealers are simply better at getting inventory than others, keep dialing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Still waiting on the Hydraulic kit for the 3rd function and remote QA. According to Kubota, "maybe" by the end of the year. Not even Kubota knows when they will be available.

Market prices are starting to cool down in the used truck market. I am seeing some rather large drops in advertised prices because people wised up and stopped buying, plus interest rates are going up making them less affordable. I have 2 trucks, a 2012 F350 and 2018 F150. The F150 is pristine and gets better than 21 MPG, and I really love driving it, but I still have a need for the F350, but not a short bed which is what I have. I just got back from a trip with my 5th wheel RV, and it uses a Reese Sidewinder to clear the cab on turns. The wedge has too much slop so the pinbox moves side to side on turns and cross winds and makes driving a white knuckle at times. I locked the pinbox on the return trip and removed the wedge making it a conventional connection. The trip home was so much more relaxing, but I had to be very careful making turns, then when I got home had to reinstall the wedge and unlock the pinbox on the side of the road so I could park it in the drive. At that point, I decided it is time to get a long bed.

I have been looking and used truck prices are ridiculous. I ran some numbers, and if I were to get rid of both my trucks and get an F450 instead, I could come out ahead by paying less per month, plus pay $800 less in insurance per year. I actually found a brand new one selling for MSRP, while all the others are in the 6 figure column, including USED! I am waiting to hear back from the dealer so we can go over numbers, and if they meet what I feel is a fair deal on trade, I may just go ahead and do the deal.

I know is sounds awfully high, but paying $92K for a new one does sound better than $114K for a 2 year old used one. If I were to replace my 2018 with a new Lightning, it would actually cost more than the F450.

Where this all stems from is I had done the math way back in January and decided to order a replacement truck exactly like my F150 but in the F350 model, and placed the order 2/2/22. It has yet to be scheduled.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Best suggestion is call around and look at dealer websites. My dealer in WI as of a few days ago had L3302 and L3902 in stock with loaders. Several LX's in but waiting for loaders and they had some others too....

enriquesonora

Equipment
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
If I were in your shoes, I’d call other dealers within a few hour radius. Without getting my hopes up. Then I’d just wait. Impatiently. Hah.

Used tractors cost way too much in my opinion.

You could look at different brands, of course. But I wouldn’t want to have to live with an inferior machine, even if I got it sooner.

If you need work done more urgently, maybe you could rent something for a week? Or find a local with a machine who will work for not much more per hour than the rental fee.

Good luck!
I have been able to locate a tractor in California two weeks ago and the rep their has been very communicative with me about quotes and availability, called me even to let me know a unit was coming to his dealer. Meanwhile, my local dealer...crickets.... been 28 days.
My only worry is buying a tractor sight unseen and from out of State.
Do any of you have advice, pros/cons with purchasing this. Costs to shipping, worth it?
Thanks.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have been able to locate a tractor in California two weeks ago and the rep their has been very communicative with me about quotes and availability, called me even to let me know a unit was coming to his dealer. Meanwhile, my local dealer...crickets.... been 28 days.
Do any of you have advice, pros/cons with purchasing this. Costs to shipping, worth it?
Thanks.
The main issue with buying from California is that tractors in California can kill you in about 30 ways more than tractors in the rest of the country. Have you seen those warning stickers? California tractors are way too dangerous. I'd stick to a safer machine personally.

• Haha

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The main issue with buying from California is that tractors in California can kill you in about 30 ways more than tractors in the rest of the country. Have you seen those warning stickers? California tractors are way too dangerous. I'd stick to a safer machine personally.
Plus those California tractors have probably been neutered, so they won’t have any balls to get the job done!!!😆

• Haha

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
From what I read there are no changes at this time for CA compact tractors. Buying sight unseen on new equipment does not scare me as it will be under warranty from Kubota. As far as shipping, the dealers usually work with shipping companies and many times those rates will be lower than using a crapshoot like Uship which keeps a significant amount of the shipping cost for themselves. Doesn't hurt to ask for a quote.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Thanks.
I don’t, I was in a lucky situation to have a tractor I was waiting to trade in when the new one came. So I just found the best price of the three dealers in my area and waited.

Good luck!

enriquesonora

Equipment
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
From what I read there are no changes at this time for CA compact tractors. Buying sight unseen on new equipment does not scare me as it will be under warranty from Kubota. As far as shipping, the dealers usually work with shipping companies and many times those rates will be lower than using a crapshoot like Uship which keeps a significant amount of the shipping cost for themselves. Doesn't hurt to ask for a quote.
You were correct about shipping, Dealer in CA provided a good quote and a two alternatives to ship. The cheaper one was much better in the fact the owner of the dealer is driving it to my home and will enjoy a nice vacation in Southern AZ!
as for my local dealer, day 30, still crickets.., hmm. sad, really wanted to keep the money local, oh well.