Engine Locked up on L3200

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
truth

but the other side of the regulation is that the facility that is in charge of replacing/disabling the original engine is also required to document it's disposal. So once it hits the scrap bin, it has to stay there and then they have to keep up with the documentation of where the scrap went to.

they ain't playing
Yes I'm well aware of the regulations pertaining to replacement, non compliment engines. But, scrap yards also typically allow people to buy things out of the yard they find and want to take home. There's no documentation other then a scrap metal receipt. The scrap yard is under no regulations of how they dispose of scrap once it's been surrendered to them. Again, I would endorse anyone doing such, but it's totally possible to do and be within the regulations set forth for "destruction and disposal".

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Its funny this only applies to non road engines (as far as I know…I’ve never had to destroy a non current emission road engine). Well except for cash for clunkers, I got paid to blow shit up 🤣
The issue is a lot of good serviceable equipment was made with non compliment engines based off the flex credits engine companies had. Cummins for years offered standard tier 3 engines for certain applications, once the credits ran out many manufacturers had a total redesign for a it4 or t4 engine to fit. This put an odd twist on things here in the states. Many places that don't have epa regs still use the older engines, so they are around and available. So it's kinda a give and take... so long as the equipment is in service and the engine is available, the old engine has to be "destroyed and disposed". One for one. I think it was Perkins we had to send the old engines back to them. Most of them just required evidence it had the hole drilled in them and it made it to the scrap yard.... what happens to them after that is beyond the dealers control.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
New engine or lifetime warranty on the work and they give you a replacement while it is in the shop.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
You've never used or worked for a competent machine shop then. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! You have noooo clue how competent of machine shops I have worked with and who I personally know that build, machine and warrenty custom high HP diesel engines.

I've seen wiped out main saddles on 3500 cats replaced with new metal, one off blocks from pulling tractors with holes through the side repaired and put back in service. There is a HUGE difference between a tractor pull engine and a utility tractor engine. They are nowhere close.

Sure there's a limit of what can be repaired but a 3/4" hole in a cylinder and block isn't hard to repair. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It would not be that easy to repair, plus the dependability and durability are a huge maybe. Not the kind of work a "competent machine shop normally does. It would be more or less a cobbled-up job.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
No I don't, yet you don't have faith your high hp custom diesel machine shop could fix a few simple holes in a cylinder block. But then again you also have no idea what I've seen through the shop thats had a full warranty go with it either. So no ill not here your bs about fixing 2, 3/4" holes.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yes I'm well aware of the regulations pertaining to replacement, non compliment engines. But, scrap yards also typically allow people to buy things out of the yard they find and want to take home. There's no documentation other then a scrap metal receipt. The scrap yard is under no regulations of how they dispose of scrap once it's been surrendered to them.
I know every yard is different but the 2 in this area no longer allow customers in the yard. One says there are regulations as such and the other says insurance. Who knows. I have bought a LOT of stuff from scrap yards in the past. Neither one will sell to the public either. They'll certainly buy, but they do not sell.

Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I know every yard is different but the 2 in this area no longer allow customers in the yard. One says there are regulations as such and the other says insurance. Who knows. I have bought a LOT of stuff from scrap yards in the past. Neither one will sell to the public either. They'll certainly buy, but they do not sell.
We're still allowed to grab up stuff from a few around here, one actually has an area of for sale scrap metal. 8' and under then over 8' then the plate area. Sauds scrap yard down in Columbia. Pretty cool place.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
No I don't, yet you don't have faith your high hp custom diesel machine shop could fix a few simple holes in a cylinder block. But then again you also have no idea what I've seen through the shop thats had a full warranty go with it either. So no ill not here your bs about fixing 2, 3/4" holes.
Diesel - I have no way to gauge your expertise.

You seem an expert with a lot of stuff and are very eager to share that expertise here on OTT since March of 2022. Probably close to 100 days now.

Good for you. That’s great to bolster the knowledge base OTT needs.

whitetiger has been around these parts for about 11 years. His experience seems solid. I’ve been on OTT for 9 years.

Not sure your 100 days of participation on OTT allows you to judge anyone else’s expertise.

Honestly, I’d take whitetiger’s advice over yours any day when it comes to a Kubota tractor.

Just sayin…..

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Diesel - I have no way to gauge your expertise.

You seem an expert with a lot of stuff and are very eager to share that expertise here on OTT since March of 2022. Probably close to 100 days now.

Good for you. That’s great to bolster the knowledge base OTT needs.

whitetiger has been around these parts for about 11 years. His experience seems solid. I’ve been on OTT for 9 years.

Not sure your 100 days of participation on OTT allows you to judge anyone else’s expertise.

Honestly, I’d take whitetiger’s advice over yours any day when it comes to a Kubota tractor.

Just sayin…..
That fine, it's his opinion vs my opinion. my time spent on a forum is no way to judge or gauge my expertise or experiences. Just as I don't assume the next guy is right or wrong just because of his age or length if time spent on a forum. I've been working on engines a very long time, but non of you would know this or truthfully care, as we're all just here to share our knowledge. Point being don't Judge a book by its cover.

Reactions: 2 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Quite right: the cover art can be misleading. I judge books by how many stars in the reviews on Google Play E-books app!
At least read the cliff notes lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users