Fuel prices

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Absolutely policy matters, but the 2021 price increases have very little to do with availability of lands for oil production. Federal lands only represent about 20% of oilfield land ownership; the vast acreage in oil fields are private lands. And there are currently over 9000 active federal leases on 26 million acres that are available for production. Available leases is not the limiting factor. 80% of oil field lands are private or state lands, and most of the productive oil field land that are federally owned are already leased, with the exception of Alaska. Several years ago, the Department of interior offered leases in Alaska’s north slope with no bidders. It costs too much to produce petroleum products in Alaska. In my state where production costs are low and petroleum is plentiful, oil companies have stated in the local news that production costs increased in 2021, due to finding skilled workers and increased wages. Many skilled workers left the industry during the Covid layoffs and didn’t return. Also the cost of reopening shut wells and recouping shareholders for 2020 losses are significant.
No federal government opened leases on private lands, that makes no sense. State governments regulate private lands not the federal government. Neither the last administration or the current have made much difference in the lands available for production. Since you are so busy bashing the federal government policies, why don’t you state your ideas for how the government can lower prices; specific ideas. I will offer tpolicy decisions that would help:
1. Reduce fuel taxes and fund roads another way.
2. Ban export of US oil and take us off the world market pricing.
3. Offer tax incentives for companies to operate on less profitable oil fields such as Alaska and subsidize transportation costs.

Now your turn. Be specific instead of bashing the current government and worshiping the previous administration. Let’s hear some ideas.
This isn't about my dream utopia, this is about the current issue at hand which I had nothing to do with.

Did you read the article? That is policy, that is now - that tells the futures market "don't count on any new oil from here" - do you understand how that works and their reaction to it? It really isn't hard. And that is just one of many policy examples.

You don't get it and that's ok, a lot of people don't get it. You are an apologist for the admin and that is ok too, you can do what you want. Prices started climbing the DAY the policy changes started, spin it any way you want.

Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
This isn't about my dream utopia, this is about the current issue at hand which I had nothing to do with.

Did you read the article? That is policy, that is now - that tells the futures market "don't count on any new oil from here" - do you understand how that works and their reaction to it? It really isn't hard. And that is just one of many policy examples.

You don't get it and that's ok, a lot of people don't get it. You are an apologist for the admin and that is ok too, you can do what you want. Prices started climbing the DAY the policy changes started, spin it any way you want.
Ok, so you have no ideas. Are you saying that private land owners aren’t going to lease any more land to oil companies? And you never addressed the fact that there are so many undrilled acres of land available for production. There is a decade or two of federal lands to be drilled under current leases. Or the fact the the largest known oil reserves in the world are mostly on private lands (Permian basin). So what policy changes would encourage more production from these lands? They are state regulated, not federal.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Well, I see my post are being deleted, I guess I made the Kubota gods mad.

1646940385626.png

Would love to know why it was deleted (and which post).

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well, I see my post are being deleted, I guess I made the Kubota gods mad.

View attachment 76330

Would love to know why it was deleted (and which post).
It would be nice to have a buddy who would quote your posts...then the deleted post would still be there in the buddy's reply, unless the buddy's post was also deleted...

I too think that if a post is deleted it should be explained to the poster why it was deleted.

Actually I think there should be a "deleted posts" thread, so we could all learn why posts are deleted...as a learning tool.

OR at least see posts that are deleted and make our own conclusions...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Anything that happens on the global scene can affect the price of oil. A good example was yesterday, when UAE announce they were in favor of OPEC increasing production and releasing more oil for export to the Global market (UAE and OPEC is already mostly energy independent) .
Just the announcement that they were in favor of increasing Global supply was enough to drop Global benchmark prices by 11%.

Price of crude started to climb immediately after executive orders killing the keystone pipe line, banning the sale of any new leases on federal land of gas and oil leases on federal land as well as the Jan 27 executive order putting further restrictions on domestic oil production.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If so that's really,really bad ! Say someone says 'that was in post #123' but you get misdirected to post #122 or 124 !

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Citi sent me an email today. They say I can get a loan to pay off in 36 months on a tank of Diesel. WOOHOO I can drive to the grocery store now!

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I don’t care what anyone believes…this is about power and greed. Nothing more. Fuel prices only hurt the majority. Folks who jet set really aren’t affected by the price of fuel. People who have private security aren’t affected by the price of fuel. In terms of most of us or at least me and mine, inflation is a real thing that affects my expenses…to me it’s very real. To the people who work where I do, it’s very real. To people making policy that never built or bought anything, it matters not. They live in a very different economic world. However it’s at my expense and many of the good people on this site. So for that reason it is our right to express our frustration with current state of affairs. It’s our money people. The grifters don’t use their own money. That’s why they are grifters and also why they are in a role that allows and protects the grift. It has absolutely nothing to do with cognitive capability. This is both sides folks. Fair and balanced. They are grifters. All of them. You know what they don’t do…drive tractors. If they even get close to one they are wearing loafers that someone else polished.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Citi sent me an email today. They say I can get a loan to pay off in 36 months on a tank of Diesel. WOOHOO I can drive to the grocery store now!
When you get to the grocery store you may encounter empty shelves because the truck driver did not qualify for the loan to fill his tank.

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Just talked to my dad...he filled up his Duramax today in Central Calif...Flying J...$6.49/gal!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Anything that happens on the global scene can affect the price of oil. A good example was yesterday, when UAE announce they were in favor of OPEC increasing production and releasing more oil for export to the Global market (UAE and OPEC is already mostly energy independent) .
Just the announcement that they were in favor of increasing Global supply was enough to drop Global benchmark prices by 11%.

Price of crude started to climb immediately after executive orders killing the keystone pipe line, banning the sale of any new leases on federal land of gas and oil leases on federal land as well as the Jan 27 executive order putting further restrictions on domestic oil production.
Why did domestic oil production increase in 2021 if all these bad things happened?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just talked to my dad...he filled up his Duramax today in Central Calif...Flying J...$6.49/gal!
We're getting close to their prices here in Arkansas. Diesel last night was 5.399/gal.

• Wow

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
We hit $5.99 for diesel today. Regular gas hit $4.899 yesterday.

• Wow

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
There is 40 years, 11 billion barrels, of oil in ANWR.... was also stopped during the last administration change, who needs that crap anyways...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
There is 40 years, 11 billion barrels, of oil in ANWR.... was also stopped during the last administration change, who needs that crap anyways...
And the infrastructure to get the oil to the lower contiguous states already exists for most of the way.

Reactions: 3 users