The other guy is always the issue?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just wondering when you react to comments by others, if you always tend to think the other guy is the problem, and you are certainly right in what you think.

I would like to think that I am not like that and that I keep an open mind, but sometimes I am not sure that is the case.

Not sure if this is even a reasonable question. as we are all biased in what we think...I think...maybe I am over thinking as usual...LOL

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If there’s a problem between me and someone else it’s always the other person being unreasonable.

Just kidding. I have had a few posts here and elsewhere when I look back at them I cringe a little bit. If someone snaps at me a bit, I try to remember that and extend the grace I’ve needed myself a few times.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe it's Covid, er, 'cabin' fever ? WHEN will Spring arrive ??

I KNOW it's ALWAYS the other guy, when I'm looking in the mirror;)

For a reality check on what's important, grab a 6' tape measure. Yeah..OK FIND one that's 72" long. You HAVE to have one somewhere...keep looking, I'll wait...
great..
pull it al the way out, put your finger on the inch that is your current age...
OK, what's between that number and 72 ?
those are the years left, us males have, generally speaking, on average, of useful 'years'...
feel humbled yet ??

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
those are the years left, us males have, generally speaking, on average, of useful 'years'...
feel humbled yet ??
Good god, I only have four months left!

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Yikes, quit typing and go get something done, fast !!
The other 'fun' thing to do is pick an inch and remember something special for that year.
Most guys go '16'.... got driver's license...

Reactions: 1 user

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
If I feel I'm 100% right about something I will usually say I'm pretty sure.
If I'm shown that I'm wrong about that thing, I always acknowledge it and thank the person who steered me right.

The above only applies to technical issues, I don't back down on political ones.

Case in point:
Good friend showed me he had 19 satellites active on his drone, told him that ain't right.
US flies 24 + spares so you can only see 12 at any time. Pretty sure your drone is faking 19.
Turns out his drone uses the Russian GLONASS as well as the EU system and another system too.
Wow
I was wrong again

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

For a reality check on what's important, grab a 6' tape measure. Yeah..OK FIND one that's 72" long. You HAVE to have one somewhere...keep looking, I'll wait...
great..
feel humbled yet ??
I really like that model!
I am currently 81,....so....I have 9 years remaining.
I hope so, ......but don't really believe it!

• Love

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I really like that model!
I am currently 81,....so....I have 9 years remaining.
I hope so, ......but don't really believe it!
He’s saying you run out at 72 (based on average male life expectancy) so you need a 72”tape and 72 - your age is what you have left. Using a tape measure and finding your age on it provides a visual (for most of us) that you have a lot more life behind you than ahead of you.

At 81 you need a longer tape measure to play that game!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

great..
feel humbled yet ??
Yikes! I need a tape measure longer than 72 inches! :oops:

Or accept the reasoning in GVJ's post! I am starting to think he is correct though...but still healthy and useful when I want to be...;)

edit: I still jump the gun though. Did not read the rest of the thread before replying to GVJ...

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I guess the 72" analogy shows life is short. I'm gonna draw SS at 62 and hope there is something left to draw. I don't expect to see 80 or 90 but thats up to our Lord. But I would like a few years of not worry about running a business, customers and filling orders. Having time to do stuff. Bushhog or chip brush or beat the water with a fly rod.
As far as being wrong. I am alot and keep alot of opipions to myself. As we know in forums some folks live for the next post to tell the poster they are wrong.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've always visualized life as a barrel of marbles and each day you throw one out. At the beginning it appears you'd never run out of marbles, but and time goes on it becomes obvious there is an end gate!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I've run into a lot of showcases online.. I usually bite my tongue if it's not directly aimed at me. I do not like seeing people attacked for no reason or for asking what others might think is a dumb question, then I might step in! So far this is the best mannered group I've had the pleasure to deal with on any forum.

It must be the orange and common sense that go so well!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
There are NO dumb questions. Not everyone knows everything, INCLUDING the 'Mr. Know-it-alls'. What I do find sad is some people don't take the advice and wisdom of others who have ACTUALLY done whatever was asked in the their question.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
forums are like that. You never can tell anyone's demeanor, and whether they were meaning to be snide, dumb, or whatever. In person conversations are a different story.

Similar to my gripe about text messaging. My own research, almost 80% of people will respond to text message MUCH faster (or at all) than a voicemail, and with text you can't tell how the other person is feeling, acting, whatever.

In person, you can kinda feel out how the other people in the conversation are feeling. If you've stepped on someone's toes you can tell pretty quickly. Similarly, in conversation with someone who has liberal beliefs, it seems to be simply impossible to have a rational conversation with them, be it text, in person, whatever.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
.... Similarly, in conversation with someone who has liberal beliefs, it seems to be simply impossible to have a rational conversation with them, be it text, in person, whatever.
:LOL: As a left of center Democrat I find it to be just the opposite ! The right is not rational. LOL

Oh My Gawd, an armed Democrat with an orange tractor , an open door, and a willing to share his good bourbon !!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
:LOL: As a left of center Democrat I find it to be just the opposite ! The right is not rational. LOL

Oh My Gawd, an armed Democrat with an orange tractor , an open door, and a willing to share his good bourbon !!

yessir, and therin lies a huge problem within this country. We have become divided in our political and emotional beliefs, and part of that is media driven. It's getting to the point that we cannot even stand ourselves, which leads to bigger problems.

Even right now we are looking at potentially BIG problems across the ponds (both of them), and we're still bickering amongst ourselves. It'll come to a head.

Keep your bourbon, I don't drink. Waste of money, in my opinion. BTDT.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
forums are like that. You never can tell anyone's demeanor, and whether they were meaning to be snide, dumb, or whatever. In person conversations are a different story.

Similar to my gripe about text messaging. My own research, almost 80% of people will respond to text message MUCH faster (or at all) than a voicemail, and with text you can't tell how the other person is feeling, acting, whatever.

In person, you can kinda feel out how the other people in the conversation are feeling. If you've stepped on someone's toes you can tell pretty quickly. Similarly, in conversation with someone who has liberal beliefs, it seems to be simply impossible to have a rational conversation with them, be it text, in person, whatever.
I can tell my wifes moods with texts.

If there isn't any punctuation and it all runs together....... she's pi$$ed. 😕😕😕

Quick message no emoji's she's sad or using the voice feature in her car. I use my judgment based on the time of day.

Lots of emoji's and seems bubbly, she's in a good mood.

You get used to peoples writing styles, so you can pick up on the suttle cues.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

And thats why I never discuss politics with my neighbors and avoid political placards in the yard.

Been plenty of times, the neighbor has seen me out doing yard work on the weekend and yells out "Hey man!!!!! It's time for a beer!!!" 😎😎😎😎😎😎

I would hate to lose out on free booze over something like that 😁😁😁😁😁