The reality of selling a late model used Kubota in today's market.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Sorry but this is still incorrect.
This was a simple, albeit incomplete example to make a point. That someone buying new in a state that charges sales tax could save even more money buying used with no sales tax.

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Texas sales tax rate range is 6.25% to 8.25%. NM GRT ranges from 5.125% to 9.4375%. Yes, it is imposed on the seller but they have the right to pass it on to the buyer. Plus, all states with a sales tax have a complimentary tax called an “use“ tax. NM’s version is called a consumer use tax.

As far as buying out of state to avoid tax, Wayfair v S. Dakota changed all that a few years back. The ruling allows states to force out of state vendors selling into their state to collect their sales tax. It’s all a matter of time.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I moved from Delaware (no tax) to PA - rude adjustment for sure and really hit hard when I bought the tractor :(

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
taxes, in general ,don't bother me....
it's the gross misuse of OUR money that does !!!
obscene salaries,$1000 hammers, personal 'pork' projects, etc.

Reactions: 2 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
taxes, in general ,don't bother me....
it's the gross misuse of OUR money that does !!!
obscene salaries,$1000 hammers, personal 'pork' projects, etc.
$450K/yr unaccountable deep state fed bureaucrats....

SDT

Reactions: 3 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
In IL of buying for farm use, no taxes are charged. You do have to fill out a tax form, but as long as the equipment is used for farming, no taxes. Since all my stuff is for making hay, no taxes, even on buying parts. I bought a bunch of parts for an IH35, no taxes charged since its a rake used for farming.

dx3

Equipment
SVL95-2S
Jan 23, 2022
USA
I just bought from a dealer in TX. I used my Farm Tax ID to save a lot of money on tax. Had I not had this option available to me, I definitely would have bought privately. I think that is one of the biggest selling points as an individual right now is sales tax.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've lowered the price by $1k and have had a lot of interest in the MX. I'm currently putting people on hold until after this weekend. I had a guy from Spokane, WA ask me if I'd deliver the tractor to him. I told him yeah, for a fee. It's a 500-mile round trip! It was crickets after that.

I've been going back and forth with a firefighter who has a cabin on 50 acres up here. He currently lives out east but will be retiring to his property in the summer. His son is coming out on Sunday to look at the tractor and is bringing a deposit. He seems to be fairly sure that he's going to buy it and might even buy the Land Pride rear blade RB3796 that I've only used once. He called the local dealer and they told him it'd be close to a year and $46k for what I'm selling so he sees that this is a good deal. He's asked me if I'll deliver it to a friend's place which is only 15 miles away so not a big deal.

I've persuaded him to order top-n-tilt, wheel weights and an EA Wicked 60 grapple even if he doesn't buy my tractor. He'll be doing a bunch of forestry work, maintaining a long gravel driveway, moving snow, etc. I might have an update in a few days.

Reactions: 2 users

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
The worst that happens if you don't sell it, you still have two nice tractors! A guy looks good with multiple tractors. I always see the upside.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The worst that happens if you don't sell it, you still have two nice tractors! A guy looks good with multiple tractors. I always see the upside.
You're preaching to the choir but with your wonderful collection of well-maintained Kubota equipment it's no surprise. :LOL:

I'm ambivalent about selling the open station model but I have to be realistic and realize that it's a luxury to have one tractor let alone two. I can use both and will put both to good use, but I don't need both. Reducing monthly payments even though they're interest free is a good thing. If I end up with just the cab tractor and remain relatively unscathed financially I'll think of this as being a happy ending.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
You're preaching to the choir but with your wonderful collection of well-maintained Kubota equipment it's no surprise. :LOL:

I'm ambivalent about selling the open station model but I have to be realistic and realize that it's a luxury to have one tractor let alone two. I can use both and will put both to good use, but I don't need both. Reducing monthly payments even though they're interest free is a good thing. If I end up with just the cab tractor and remain relatively unscathed financially I'll think of this as being a happy ending.
I think two MXs could be a happy ending too😂…but that sure definitely ties up some cash….think of all the implements that could be bought with that cash😉

Reactions: 1 users

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa

Oh, want and need do seem to blend together at times. I understand being realistic, but does that apply to buying tractors?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Oh, want and need do seem to blend together at times. I understand being realistic, but does that apply to buying tractors?
Agreed.

I have 4 Kubota tractors (recently sold the almost never used RTV-X1100C) but could get by with only the L6060 and the B1750.

All of the Kubota tractors are mowing tractors and all have different sized mowers attached that rarely, if ever, come off in the summer.

Did I say that I do not like to change implements?

SDT

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I definitely see your point. If I had silly money I'd have a massive heated shop full of every M tractor available. I'd like to get closer to where you're at with your M5 and L6060 by keeping the MX cab tractor and in a few years adding to it with an M. That would be a really useful combination.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Agreed.

I have 4 Kubota tractors (recently sold the almost never used RTV-X1100C) but could get by with only the L6060 and the B1750.

All of the Kubota tractors are mowing tractors and all have different sized mowers attached that rarely, if ever, come off in the summer.

Did I say that I do not like to change implements?

SDT
I'm with you there. A couple of years ago I was thinking about buying another BX or similar so that I could have one set up permanently with the backhoe and loader and the other alternating between mowing and snow removal which is fairly easy swap. Thankfully I didn't go that route.

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
I definitely see your point. If I had silly money I'd have a massive heated shop full of every M tractor available. I'd like to get closer to where you're at with your M5 and L6060 by keeping the MX cab tractor and in a few years adding to it with an M. That would be a really useful combination.
If you look close at an M5 and test drive one you will soon understand just how quickly want and need come together. Yes I do like keeping the tractors and implements in a heated building, I just wouldn't feel right if I left then out in the cold.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
They are like calibers (or golf if in to that) or wrenches…not a bad idea to have more than one. 🥶

• Love