What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Spent the first day of 2022 (also my Birthday!) "playing" in the snow!
My Franken-Blower (Allied 60") & 2501 worked very well in some serious white-stuff...

IMG_0170002.jpg

I did have a potential issue I wanted to ask about...my sister was watching and saw my left boot pushing up against the fuse box while I was turned around blowing snow. She thought I was going to break it off...
It is very close to the Clutch Pedal...
Thinking of making some kind of formed cold roll guard attached to the fuse box mounting bolts to prevent me from breaking the box off and causing all kinds of issues.
Here is a pic of the location of the fuses...

20220102_095412.jpg

Anyone else had any issues hitting the fuse box while depressing the Clutch on a 2501?

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
My Franken-Blower (Allied 60") & 2501 worked very well in some serious white-stuff...

View attachment 72726

I did have a potential issue I wanted to ask about...my sister was watching and saw my left boot pushing up against the fuse box while I was turned around blowing snow. She thought I was going to break it off...
Thinking of making some kind of formed cold roll guard attached to the fuse box mounting bolts to prevent me from breaking the box off and causing all kinds of issues.

View attachment 72727

Anyone else had any issues hitting the fuse box while depressing the Clutch on a 2501?
Happy birthday, you have a smart observant sister, I have the same tractor and will have to check your idea for a small guard there!
PS Your sister reminds me of my wife who is always spotting potential problems.

Bill

NvRudder

Equipment
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Happy birthday, you have a smart observant sister, I have the same tractor and will have to check your idea for a small guard there!
PS Your sister reminds me of my wife who is always spotting potential problems.

Bill
Thanks Bill!
Once she told me...I sat there and depressed the clutch...the size 12 Sorel's were pretty close to the housing just sitting square in the seat. I then checked while turned back around to the right looking backwards. As my foot pivots, it definitely pushed up against the fuse box...imagine there could be problems if any of the wiring shorted from breaking off the box...
My idea is to take some 1/4" cold-roll, form four 90's into a "box" shape, heat & flatten the ends...then drill out to fit the existing fuse box mounting bolts.
Will share pics afterwards...

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I finally used the front snow blade I bought with my tractor last February. Clearing snow off our asphalt worked great. I may've made a mess of our gravel. It's been real warm until this storm, and the gravel wasn't frozen. It was pretty mushy and I trenched it with the skid shoes and pushed it with the blade's lip. Am hoping it's not as bad as it looks in the snow piles—gravel has a way of looking like a huge pile in snow and alarming you.

View attachment 72723
Snow on gravel here in the south where the ground doesn’t freeze hard and stay frozen can be kind of a PITA as it tends to get unhandily rearranged with close scraping. On the rare occasions I have to scrape the snow off our gravel road I have to run the blade an inch or two above the gravel and then just run all over it to pack it into a surface drivable for the 2WD vehicles. Don’t know of any way to scrape every last scrap of snow off the gravel without making a mess when the ground isn’t frozen hard. Even the split pipe on the cutting edge isn’t perfect on loose gravel. It’s better, but not perfect.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Snow on gravel here in the south where the ground doesn’t freeze hard and stay frozen can be kind of a PITA as it tends to get unhandily rearranged with close scraping. On the rare occasions I have to scrape the snow off our gravel road I have to run the blade an inch or two above the gravel and then just run all over it to pack it into a surface drivable for the 2WD vehicles. Don’t know of any way to scrape every last scrap of snow off the gravel without making a mess when the ground isn’t frozen hard. Even the split pipe on the cutting edge isn’t perfect on loose gravel. It’s better, but not perfect.
Have you tried reversing the blade?

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I have been adding a couple of brackets for swivel wheels from an old finishing mower to my back blade for the same reason. Ordered a couple 10" new tire wheels from Zoro that should be here wednesday to replace the originals that were dry rotted. I hope to be able to raise it up a couple inches and not mess up the stone until it freezes.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Have you tried reversing the blade?
Yes. That’s normally how I run it, at least for the last 3 or 4 inches. If the ground is frozen pretty good, that works OK. Still puts gravel in the ditch if floating the blade on the ground.

When I was a kid, I recall the ground here in January and February freezing hard enough for long enough we could skid logs out of always wet areas with no fear of breaking through the frozen crust, and a final scrape of snow from the gravel road displaced little gravel. I don’t recall the last time the ground has frozen that thoroughly here; been at least 25 years.

The upside is snow doesn’t stay around long. Just have to get it passable for my wife and Dad for a few days until it’s gone.

Downside is nasty things such as fire ants move further and further west. Found our first fire ant nest in our yard this year. Used to have to make it east at least to the sand hills to find fire ants.

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Snow in Oklahoma ? I just run the landscape rake through it, a hair off the ground - with the rake at an angle it will tumble the snow and break it up. Looks like the snow is still there, but with just a little sun, the raked snow melts much more quickly than the rest of the snow, and my gravel drive is usually clear much earlier than the roads. In truth we don't get that much snow, but six inches will immobilize
Okies for two days!

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Filled it and then over filled it with diesel. What a pain in the a## standing on the tire and pouring into a funnel. Just ordered a 50 gallon slip tank and electric pump.
Any information you can provide regarding what you purchased for the fuel setup would be appreciated, I have an mx5400 and am tired of standing on the tire as well.

NvRudder

Equipment
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Any information you can provide regarding what you purchased for the fuel setup would be appreciated, I have an mx5400 and am tired of standing on the tire as well.
FWIW...I just re-fueled my 2501 for the first time Saturday...used a Tuff Jug, with Ripper Cap...super cool setup....no spills or drips.
Just set the jug cap/nozzle straight down directly on the filler neck, weight of jug pushes open the spout valve and let it flow...it emptied very quickly, I was shocked how quick & clean the refill was.
My tank is 10 gal...just watched gauge get below 1/2...and it took the whole 5 gal with no issues.
1641330023904.png

I lucked out, as the company is located here in Northern Nevada...walked in & picked a Yellow 5 gal setup like the photo for $30!

Jeff

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Put the urethane cutting edge on the rear blade. Hole saw works good for putting holes in, plus left it outside for a while to stiffen it up.Cold out.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL

View attachment 72726

View attachment 72727

Thats some serious snow my friend. As for the fuse box... yeah it does look like it could be a problem if your not careful and thinking about not hitting it.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
This works great for me. Built a 'shelf' for the can to sit on, on the FEL and your set.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Had some icy snow today. Got to try out the rear blade for the first time. Not enough for the snowblower but the blade did a great job. One thing I learned is that I need to be aware of the blade and blower when moving around. I came really close to the house on one of my turns. Once you start adding attachments on, the overall length of the machine is deceiving.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Just set the jug cap/nozzle straight down directly on the filler neck, weight of jug pushes open the spout valve and let it flow...it emptied very quickly, I was shocked how quick & clean the refill was.
Do you have a link to this? I'd like to look into this can.