MX5400 or MX6000?

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Open station. Had a Grand L cab and it was too tippy for our property, even with weights and ballast.
Good to know about Summit Hydraulics - guess I'll pass on that.
I think one rear remote will be adequate for my needs - I was already over what I had hoped to spend, but I don't see things getting any cheaper.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I thought hard about a wicked bucket. Only a few $$ more than a bar and I would still have a smooth bucket. Ended up going with the bar.

Add 2 more remotes. Just to have....

And $1350 for a 3rd function is crazy. Summit hydraulics has what you need for $580. Install is simple.
Matt, I paid $1,200 for the 3rd function kit on the new MX and probably a similar amount for the other MX. I agree that it's a lot of money and on the surface seems crazy compared to the sale price of $580 but it's a really well executed kit and installation. I have yet to see a DIY kit that compares but we are all free to decide what we're ok paying for. The factory 3rd function kit and installation is worth it to me but I can see how it's not for others.

I agree re the extra remotes. I got three on both tractors and would do it again and again. I'm using all three on the new tractor.

Last edited:

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I wanted a hydraulic top link but what do you use the others for? I'll be running a no till drill, bush hog and 84" finish mower. Nothing fancy.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I wanted a hydraulic top link but what do you use the others for? I'll be running a no till drill, bush hog and 84" finish mower. Nothing fancy.
I'm currently using remotes for the hydraulic side link, snow blower chute rotation and chute angle. Typically I use one for the hydraulic top link too. If you're using remotes for the top and side links you can use the third to raise and lower parts of a batwing mower, raise/lower wheels etc. It's useful to have one with a float feature too.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Matt, I paid $1,200 for the 3rd function kit on the new MX and probably a similar amount for the other MX. I agree that it's a lot of money and on the surface seems crazy compared to the sale price of $580 but it's a really well executed kit and installation. I have yet to see a DIY kit that compares but we are all free to decide what we're ok paying for. The factory 3rd function kit and installation is worth it to me but I can see how it's not for others.

I agree re the extra remotes. I got three on both tractors and would do it again and again. I'm using all three on the new tractor.
Shoot me some pictures of the rops 3rd function. I want to see how the land pride valve mounts. If you don’t mind, of course.

And that’s not a factory kit, it’s dealer installed. But that’s sort of nit picking, in this case.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Shoot me some pictures of the rops 3rd function. I want to see how the land pride valve mounts. If you don’t mind, of course.

And that’s not a factory kit, it’s dealer installed. But that’s sort of nit picking, in this case.
I'll take some photos tomorrow. It hasn't got much above 0F all day so not much fun to be outside unless I'm in a warm cab moving snow around. :ROFLMAO:

langkg

Equipment
MX5200, Landpride RCD1884 rotary cutter, Landpride GS2584 grading scraper
Jun 23, 2021
Goodrich, MI

langkg

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Goodrich, MI
Factory Kubota.
Thanks.
approx how much per valve?

I have a MX5200 with one factory remote. I bought the tractor used so I didn’t spec that valve. I think it’s more or less a power beyond as it is spring loaded returns to center in one direction but detent non self canceling in the other direction.
I’m trying to decide if I want to get 2 Kubota valves to add on or go with the Summit 4 spool multiplier kit.
I am currently looking for a 3 cylinder rear blade and also will be running a hydraulic top link.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks.
approx how much per valve?

I have a MX5200 with one factory remote. I bought the tractor used so I didn’t spec that valve. I think it’s more or less a power beyond as it is spring loaded returns to center in one direction but detent non self canceling in the other direction.
I’m trying to decide if I want to get 2 Kubota valves to add on or go with the Summit 4 spool multiplier kit.
I am currently looking for a 3 cylinder rear blade and also will be running a hydraulic top link.
Here is the 2020 price sheet, prices have went up a bit I believe. Page 4 is where the valve and lever kits are for the 5200.

On my 6000, for the 2 valves and lever kits, I was right at $1300 I think. All of mine are double acting, no float, no detents.

Reactions: 1 user

langkg

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Goodrich, MI

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Let me know if any of these photos are helpful or if you need more. This is the Land Pride dealer installed kit on the MX6000 open station from the control lever to the couplers near the bucket and everything in between.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Well, the MX 6000 was finally delivered today. It was shipped with R4s in January (I had ordered R1s). I tried to switch to R14s but none available in the correct size "until fall". It took until 2 days ago for the R1s to come in.
Ended up with 3rd function valve (no grapple yet), 1 set of rear hydraulics (very clean install work). Had to cancel seat armrests as not available "until October".
Still waiting for the drill that was supposed to arrive in February.
It feels bigger than the L4300 driving it, but the side by side pics aren't that impressive.
Kinda sorry to see the L4300 go - not one issue in 20 years. But only have space (and need) for one.

IMG_9741.jpg
IMG_9744.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well, the MX 6000 was finally delivered today. It was shipped with R4s in January (I had ordered R1s). I tried to switch to R14s but none available in the correct size "until fall". It took until 2 days ago for the R1s to come in.
Ended up with 3rd function valve (no grapple yet), 1 set of rear hydraulics (very clean install work). Had to cancel seat armrests as not available "until October".
Still waiting for the drill that was supposed to arrive in February.
It feels bigger than the L4300 driving it, but the side by side pics aren't that impressive.
Kinda sorry to see the L4300 go - not one issue in 20 years. But only have space (and need) for one.

View attachment 76664 View attachment 76666
Congratulations. I think you will love the MX. I do.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Congratulations. I think you will love the MX. I do.
Thanks!

I'm a few weeks from any real use. My ground is still sopping wet. I'm going to start by going through the manual. Then try some bush hogging to open up more food plot land. Then hope the drill comes in in time to do some summer plots.

Now I have to save up for a grapple and some pallet forks...

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Thanks!

I'm a few weeks from any real use. My ground is still sopping wet. I'm going to start by going through the manual. Then try some bush hogging to open up more food plot land. Then hope the drill comes in in time to do some summer plots.

Now I have to save up for a grapple and some pallet forks...
Its been a few months...any update as to how you like the tractor and if its working well for you?

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Its been a few months...any update as to how you like the tractor and if its working well for you?
Well, this started last year when I agreed to buy an incoming (December/January) SAYA no till drill. That got me thinking I could use a little more power than my 4300. So, I traded the 4300 for the MX6000 in March, expecting the SAYA "any day - it's on a truck"....
Still waiting for R14s (has R1s) and no sign of the SAYA, which means I didn't do any spring planting.

The tractor has 6 hours on it from mowing a little with an 84" Land pride finish mower and some brush hogging with a 6' JD 613. Noticeably more powerful, even with almost no use. I do most mowing with a Ventrac/72" front deck, which is much more maneuverable, so I really don't need the MX there. Except brush hogging, which is almost never 10 years into owning the property.

Don't like the F/R pedal at all. I miss the secondary throttle on the dash from the 4300. Otherwise it seems fine. My farmer friend warned me I wouldn't like that pedal and I do not. The cruise control works well. The hydro makes it much easier to change implements, especially with the 3 point hitch extension arms. Haven't purchased a hydraulic top link yet as that was for the SAYA.

Pretty unhappy I don't have the piece of equipment that prompted me to buy the new tractor, so I don't really have enough seat time to give a more informed review.

Reactions: 1 users

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Well, this started last year when I agreed to buy an incoming (December/January) SAYA no till drill. That got me thinking I could use a little more power than my 4300. So, I traded the 4300 for the MX6000 in March, expecting the SAYA "any day - it's on a truck"....
Still waiting for R14s (has R1s) and no sign of the SAYA, which means I didn't do any spring planting.

The tractor has 6 hours on it from mowing a little with an 84" Land pride finish mower and some brush hogging with a 6' JD 613. Noticeably more powerful, even with almost no use. I do most mowing with a Ventrac/72" front deck, which is much more maneuverable, so I really don't need the MX there. Except brush hogging, which is almost never 10 years into owning the property.

Don't like the F/R pedal at all. I miss the secondary throttle on the dash from the 4300. Otherwise it seems fine. My farmer friend warned me I wouldn't like that pedal and I do not. The cruise control works well. The hydro makes it much easier to change implements, especially with the 3 point hitch extension arms. Haven't purchased a hydraulic top link yet as that was for the SAYA.

Pretty unhappy I don't have the piece of equipment that prompted me to buy the new tractor, so I don't really have enough seat time to give a more informed review.
Thanks for the update. That stinks about the implement not arriving in a timely manner. The treadle pedal is a Kubota hallmark, some love it some hate it. I came from a Simplicity Legacy XL prior to my first Kubota (about the size of a Kubota BX) and it had the twin pedals like a John Deere. I really hated the treadle at first as well...but over time, I've gotten used to it and its just as easy as the twin pedals for me. The key is definitely not to ride your whole foot on top of the pedal...how some people can do that is beyond me. I rest my foot on the floor just to the right of the pedal, and use my toe to push down on the front part of the pedal that sticks out to the right, and then lift my foot off and back to use reverse. The Kubota Grand L 60 series has a considerably nicer treadle pedal...all aluminum, and better shaped in my opinion. Unfortunately, they can't be retrofitted.