Dealing with Dealer

MountainCatBob

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 24, 2021
Abingdon, Virginia
So I need a backhoe. The dealer told me he had ordered a BH4966 subframe kit earlier in the year and it would arrive in December, 2021, so I went ahead and paid for a new LX2610 and it was delivered based on the what the dealer said. When I checked on the parts, a week later, I was informed that the BH4966 is back ordered and will not be available until August 2022 and the sales person is now out with COVID! I need this equipment for a project that is starting in Jan of 2022. Any suggestions about my course of action?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Reactions: 1 users

MountainCatBob

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 24, 2021
Abingdon, Virginia
Rent a mini x for project or postpone the project. Its not going to get any better any time soon.
Thanks. I'm sure you're right about the supply line. This is one of the reasons I decided to buy one now. Unfortunately, the other main reason is to avoid paying rentals. Besides, it makes me feel like the dealer is trying to take advantage.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Planning projects, add an extra six months minimum if you don't have everything you need on hand. Might get lucky and some pieces come in sooner, other parts could take longer, much longer. This isn't unique to tractor industry, everything is seeing this.

Also, if you think you will be using rental equipment in January, start talking to the rental place now and getting things firmed up. Rental equipment, at least in our area is in short supply as people are using that as their fall back plan.

Reactions: 2 users

MountainCatBob

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 24, 2021
Abingdon, Virginia
Planning projects, add an extra six months minimum if you don't have everything you need on hand. Might get lucky and some pieces come in sooner, other parts could take longer, much longer. This isn't unique to tractor industry, everything is seeing this.

Also, if you think you will be using rental equipment in January, start talking to the rental place now and getting things firmed up. Rental equipment, at least in our area is in short supply as people are using that as their fall back plan.
Great Advice!!!
I bought the this on the assurance that the local dealer would provide an operational backhoe within a month or 6 weeks, with the understanding that time is of the essence, and I did have other options...

BTW, I'm a retired building contractor of 30+ years, so I'm taking my time these days. Just love not having to chase the clock, though old habits die hard. Landscaping/terracing a small lot and building a nice timber frame garage/shop so the slab has to be poured in the Spring. Maybe I can get it under roof by the Fall. I have rented and operated many machines, including different Kubotas over the years. I am looking forward to operating my own!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
So I need a backhoe. The dealer told me he had ordered a BH4966 subframe kit earlier in the year and it would arrive in December, 2021, so I went ahead and paid for a new LX2610 and it was delivered based on the what the dealer said. When I checked on the parts, a week later, I was informed that the BH4966 is back ordered and will not be available until August 2022 and the sales person is now out with COVID! I need this equipment for a project that is starting in Jan of 2022. Any suggestions about my course of action?
Rent a mini excavator for the project. Talk to the manager the dealership and find out what’s going on with it. If they cant get it by Dec 2021 as was the original agreement…they need to do whatever it takes to find you another one. They just arent trying hard.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Maybe I’m wrong, but doesn’t the LX and L2501 use the same backhoe? If so, why can’t they move the backhoe to your LX.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Thanks! I'm located near Bristol Virginia, so shipping is possible. I could also swap for a L2501 HST, which I believe would deliver the same performance as the LX2610.
A L size machine is VERY different than a LX (former B50 series). Much larger, heavier, less of a premium feel compared to the LX.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Maybe I’m wrong, but doesn’t the LX and L2501 use the same backhoe? If so, why can’t they move the backhoe to your LX.
The L 4701 can use the BH92, the B50 (or LX) AND the L 25, 33, and 3901 are BH77…so you are correct.

MountainCatBob

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 24, 2021
Abingdon, Virginia
Rent a mini excavator for the project. Talk to the manager the dealership and find out what’s going on with it. If they cant get it by Dec 2021 as was the original agreement…they need to do whatever it takes to find you another one. They just arent trying hard.
They are refusing to do anything to help. The manager told me I should start calling dealers to ask if they have a subframe for the XL2610. Sure it's a nice tractor, but I feel like I have just wasted $20,000 on orange yard art!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
IDK, if the dealer really knew you HAD TO HAVE the BH and failed, they should provide you with a loaner BH/Mini Ex.

MountainCatBob

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 24, 2021
Abingdon, Virginia
IDK, if the dealer really knew you HAD TO HAVE the BH and failed, they should provide you with a loaner BH/Mini Ex.
Yes, before I bought the tractor we spoke about this. I told him that the only reason we were buying this tractor is for the hoe. He assured me that I would have a working back hoe by the end of December. I only need to complete 1 of the excavation projects this Winter so I can pour a slab for construction next Spring. I only need something for 2-3 days -- anything that can dig footings. Unfortunately, the dealer said he didn't have a loaner.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Yes, before I bought the tractor we spoke about this. I told him that the only reason we were buying this tractor is for the hoe. He assured me that I would have a working back hoe by the end of December. I only need to complete 1 of the excavation projects this Winter so I can pour a slab for construction next Spring. I only need something for 2-3 days -- anything that can dig footings. Unfortunately, the dealer said he didn't have a loaner.
I guess that's the lesson here for us all...get it in writing. Not that you should need to but its the only way to hold a bad dealer to their word.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There were two of us who heard the salesman, which makes it 2 against 1, doesn't it? I'm not a lawyer but I think she counts as a witness, don't you think?
Yes she does!
Push the dealer....HARD....until you get what you need!