B6200 removed snow blower and block off plate on tractor with lever valve either position gushing oil how to stop ?

Warlock003

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2021
B6200 removed the snowblower and the hoses attached to the Tractor block off plate on the tractor with a lever. valve and ports pour oil with valve in either position gushing oil how to stop?
I bought the tractor off an estate so did not get some parts I am missing the oil block off plate for when you remove the snowblower hoses from the tractor oil block off valve.

Hello,
A little bit new to Kubota but not new to the mechanics of tractors thank you for your help in advance.
I removed the snowblower
I disconnected the oil lines from the Snowblower lifting valve from the Tractors Oil block is a 2 port Valve - valve turn towards the side or back of the tractor
I DO NOT have the original sheet metal OIL BLOCK OFF plate I do not have the 2 OIL Plugs (any suggestions on where to get them?)
Order this part? does anyone have a part name and or part number or aftermarket source and kit?
OR
Make a hose that loops the fluid?
OR
Install 2 Hydraulic CAPS get them from a Hydraulic supplier
I don't want to starve the motor of oil or pump of oil
Is the Hydraulic oil the same as motor oil (sorry for the silly question) I have a feeling Hydraulic oil is different than the motor oil)

I removed that Front PTO that drives the belly mower and snowblower
That front PTO OMG hangs so low me or daughter will SURELY RIP that off in the woods or on the way to the garden.
I will install front PTO when using snowblower and not running thru woods.

I am running a Woods 3 point PDR72 FINISH MOWER instead of the 48-inch belly mower for that per the specs do you feel this will kill the tractor and or the clutch the tractor seems to handle it fine -
Factory plugs in B6200 oil valve.jpg
B6200 ports to snowblower lift control.jpg

Last edited:

Warlock003

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2021
You can not cap them, you need a loop.
Thank you all SO Much I posted pictures of my tractor valve the one with fittings in the valve - Hi So I'm can't make a comment either way regarding making the LOOP but the images I find of the FACTORY valve AKA like virgin factory oil valve shows Plugs installed and the snowblower installation manual says to remove the plugs from the block and insert the lines that feed the snowblower lifting valve - (like a bucket loader control) So now that I removed the oil lines from the tractor I ASSUME I would put PLUGS back in)This is my DEILEMA I don't want to starve a pump of oil etc.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea no pictures to be seen.
You won't starve the pump of oil, but you could dead head the pump and either blow seals or the pump itself.

Warlock003

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2021
Hi Thank you all for the links to the books and manuals it appears that from the facory the Oil Plate or Oil block comes with 2 plugs in it if you search for like an emay part the pictures show many all plugged up but I wanted to verify because mine hade hoses in it and I did not get the plug from the older man who passed. So the Kubota diagrams and parts list see to use the word plug - I would have guessed a LOOP hose or something but seems like plugs.
1620186680100.png

Warlock003

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2021
Yea no pictures to be seen.
You won't starve the pump of oil, but you could dead head the pump and either blow seals or the pump itself.
Sorry if I double posted pictures Ill Get to know my left and Right and my other right soon enough my apologise and MANY GENUINE super thanks to you ALL GREAT people wishing you ALL good luck with everything in life and hopefully you catch the help you need when you need it thank you Eddie

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Have you removed the valve you used to control hydraulic functions on the blower?

If you did, then re-install it and the valve body will form the loop NIW talked about.

Disconnect the lines from the valve to the blower cylinders or chute motor while leaving the valve in place.

The valve wont leak oil if you do not touch the joystick or control levers.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Flip the lever on the top to the other direction fluid will stop dumping out the side ports.
Super easy and simple solution would be to install a set of quick disconnect to those 2 ports.
That way when you disconnect the blower you just have to flip the diverter valve and your off and running.

Yes you could add a loop then you wouldn't have to flip the diverter valve.
And Yes you can simply flip the diverter valve and cap the 2 ports too.

If you look at the picture of the diverter valve you posted with the caps you will also notice a safety block off plate to keep the lever in the straight position when the cap are in, this is because if you don't you will damage the pump or seals in the pump.

Warlock003

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2021
Have you removed the valve you used to control hydraulic functions on the blower?

If you did, then re-install it and the valve body will form the loop NIW talked about.

Disconnect the lines from the valve to the blower cylinders or chute motor while leaving the valve in place.

The valve wont leak oil if you do not touch the joystick or control levers.

Dave
Valve gushes oil eaither position of level I assume that's why they use plugs

Warlock003

Equipment
B6200
May 3, 2021
Flip the lever on the top to the other direction fluid will stop dumping out the side ports.
Super easy and simple solution would be to install a set of the quick disconnects to those 2 ports.
That way when you disconnect the blower you just have to flip the diverter valve and your off and running.

Yes you could add a loop then you wouldn't have to flip the diverter valve.
And Yes you can simply flip the diverter valve and cap the 2 ports too.

If you look at the picture of the diverter valve you posted with the caps you will also notice a safety block off the plate to keep the lever in the straight position when the cap are in, this is because if you don't you will damage the pump or seals in the pump.
Oil comes out with the valve in either direction....

MANY thanks got it KEEP lever in a straight position when plugs are in
Snowblower attached I believe the lever was pointing outward to divert fluid to snowblower lift and lower Valve.
I like the quick-connect valve idea or like the self-sealing ones that skid steers use like an air hose.

Please one last question - can you confirm
With blower and lines installed lever points toward side of tractor feeding oil out to snowblower lift lever manifold.

Summertime snowblower removed flip lever parallel to tractor buy sheet metal plate or tie lever so parallel with tractor and install plugs CORRECT?

MANY Thanks