Plagued by inventory

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Oh my, sure glad (now of course, 20/20 hindsight and all) that I got my tractor and most of the attachments in late 2017. Tractor, backhoe, FEL and bucket, pallet forks, front snow blower. Was delivered just over a week after ordering it all!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
So I talked with the dealer today and I will be receiving my tractor next week!!!!!!
That's exciting! Are all the attachments coming with it or are some still in limbo?

barndoor

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 10, 2021
Santa Cruz County, California
I'm more upset with my Kubota salesman. I ordered my tractor 2 months ago, after diligently talking with two different dealers. My slightly closer dealer told me right up front that he didn't think he'd have the tractor I wanted until July, with no promises it would even be then, but the other dealer said that he had ordered 3 of the very tractor I was looking at 3 months earlier, and that they were "on the way", just stuck in some shipping port because dock workers were down due to the pandemic. So I went with that guy of course, being told I'd have my tractor "within the month". Well, here we are, and he's already said it looks like late april, or may, or maybe into June. What happened to them being on the way? I thought they were stuck in a container?

I realize what's going on with the supply chains and inventory, and no one person has control of that, but what gets me is I think he mislead me to get the sale. But at this point I'm so far along that if I go back to the other dealer it will probably be 6 months longer to wait!

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I would be tempted to drop that dealer for lying to you even if it meant waiting a lot longer. You can never trust anything they say.

Reactions: 1 user

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I'm more upset with my Kubota salesman. I ordered my tractor 2 months ago, after diligently talking with two different dealers. My slightly closer dealer told me right up front that he didn't think he'd have the tractor I wanted until July, with no promises it would even be then, but the other dealer said that he had ordered 3 of the very tractor I was looking at 3 months earlier, and that they were "on the way", just stuck in some shipping port because dock workers were down due to the pandemic. So I went with that guy of course, being told I'd have my tractor "within the month". Well, here we are, and he's already said it looks like late april, or may, or maybe into June. What happened to them being on the way? I thought they were stuck in a container?

I realize what's going on with the supply chains and inventory, and no one person has control of that, but what gets me is I think he mislead me to get the sale. But at this point I'm so far along that if I go back to the other dealer it will probably be 6 months longer to wait!
Just for what it's worth. Mine was held up in Vancouver shipping ports . Blockades were slowing unloading of vessels and loading of train cars. People upset with government decisions on pipeline I believe??

barndoor

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 10, 2021
in fact I just got off the phone with my dealer and voiced my displeasure. I know he doesn't have a crystal ball, but if in fact the tractor is "in a port" he should be able to tell me which one, and even the tractors vin number. So, he says he's going to look into it and call me by the end of today. If he doesn't have some solid information on the tractors status in the chain then I'm canceling the order and going to my other better dealer. I figure if the tractor isn't really "on the way" by now the new dealer can order one and get it in nearly the same amount of time? Maybe not, but I'm with NF6X. Misleading a customer to get a sale is not how to do business and it's worth dropping him just on principle alone.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
There were two nice cabbed LX2610 tractors sitting in the line up for sale at the local dealer here last week.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
I'm in the same boat as many of you. I was lucky enough to get my tractor in March and some of the attachments. However, I am still waiting on several Land Pride items (grading scraper, landscape rake and seed spreader) also still waiting on rear remotes for the tractor. It been about two months and still not even an estimate on when they might arrive. Very frustrating, you would think at this stage the manufactures would at least have started prioritizing orders and determining when they might be able to deliver.

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
I had ordered an LX2610 with FEL 3rd function in early February with it coming in the end of March. Had it all setup with the equine discount. March came and went with no tractor and it kept getting pushed. Then on April 10th a used 35 hour LX2610 with FEL 3rd fucntion, self-leveling, swift-tach, Work lights, 60" mmm, Pallet forks, and box blade came up on facebook for the same price I was going to pay for the new one. I called the dealer and asked when my tractor would be in and he said he couldn't give me a date till shipped, which he did know when it would. He made it sound like Kubota was only shipping tractors to fill orders and dealers weren't getting any extra stock.
So I went and bought the used tractor.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I didn't get the 3rd function as ordered nor did I get my grill guard. It's is coming however no delivery date is known. My dealer has been right up front and I'm not coming down on him for issues he cannot control

barndoor

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 10, 2021
I had ordered an LX2610 with FEL 3rd function in early February with it coming in the end of March. Had it all setup with the equine discount. March came and went with no tractor and it kept getting pushed. Then on April 10th a used 35 hour LX2610 with FEL 3rd fucntion, self-leveling, swift-tach, Work lights, 60" mmm, Pallet forks, and box blade came up on facebook for the same price I was going to pay for the new one. I called the dealer and asked when my tractor would be in and he said he couldn't give me a date till shipped, which he did know when it would. He made it sound like Kubota was only shipping tractors to fill orders and dealers weren't getting any extra stock.
So I went and bought the used tractor.
Oddly the exact thing is happening to me now. Found a barely used (5 hour) tractor half hour away. Same model I ordered. So I'm interested to know if you had any pushback cancelling the order with Kubota? If I can make the deal on the used tractor I will definitely want to cancel the order, but don't want to get ahead of myself. I've paid nothing, only signed the sales order and filled out some finance paperwork.

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
Oddly the exact thing is happening to me now. Found a barely used (5 hour) tractor half hour away. Same model I ordered. So I'm interested to know if you had any pushback cancelling the order with Kubota? If I can make the deal on the used tractor I will definitely want to cancel the order, but don't want to get ahead of myself. I've paid nothing, only signed the sales order and filled out some finance paperwork.
No push back. I called the salesman and was completely up front with him. Told him a used tractor came up on market place and asked him when mine would be delivered. He said he couldn't give a date until it shipped and he wasn't sure when it would. He said to just let him know if I didn't need it. After I bought the used tractor I emailed him to cancel the order and never heard from him again.

The salesman did say Kubota only seems to be shipping "retail" orders by customers. And indicated that dealerships were making up retail orders to get stock. So I didn't feel too bad, I figure they can sell it to somebody else. Yesterday I drove by their lot which seemed fairly empty compared to 6 months ago.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Congrats. BTW, in the grapple photo, it looks like your grill guard is not in the latched position(?).

Reactions: 1 users

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
I ordered a new L6060 a week ago and dealer is telling me 2 months, but I am definitely skeptical.

What have others been hearing on lead time?

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
I ordered a new L6060 a week ago and dealer is telling me 2 months, but I am definitely skeptical.

What have others been hearing on lead time?
You'll love your L6060, I got mine a little over a month ago. when I placed the order in April they had the tractor and a couple of the attachments I wanted. However, there are several items that I am still waiting on and there is no estimate when they will arrive. I keep checking in with the dealer (hoping the squeaky wheel gets the grease) but hoping they show up soon.

Good luck!

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
@barndoor What did you end up doing?

JimiCarpenter

Mar 27, 2021
Clayton Nc
Congrats. BTW, in the grapple photo, it looks like your grill guard is not in the latched position(?).
You’re absolutely right lol I noticed it too and quickly returned it to its correct position. I did also learn another lesson. Don’t put your Rops all the way down and lift the bush hog all the way up, you will most definitely bend the upper link arm, not that I know from experience or anything 😂

Reactions: 1 users