What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
I planted an acre of sweet corn yesterday. Also got another acre ready to plant (I'll wait about 2 weeks). I broke the ground where I plant okra (1/4 acre) and my one acre pea patch.

Reactions: 3 users

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
We have subdivisions on three sides (we're on 8 acres smack in the middle of the city) and I'm keeping a buffer of privet for a visual block from the houses to our property. I'm going to try and clear the rest of it though. It sucks having 8 acres but only being able to use less than half of it. We have a creek running through the property that you can only see for maybe 50 feet because it's surrounded on both sides by this privet.
I lived in Wylie from 2000-2002. If you've got 8 acres in Rowlett you are sitting on a gold mine.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
This clay BS in my yard is irritating. I can’t get my tiller out. Can’t put the snow blower away. Once half load restrictions are off the roads I think about 44tons of dirt will help. I may need to get some r1s.
2BBF3A39-7D5C-48F4-8638-CE913C2BDD3B.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Sunday I ordered Kubota Concentrate Antifreeze from Coleman Equipment its here today :)
1 gallon will do the B twice thus price isn't too much more for name brand.
My local dealer doesn't stock it.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Filled a big hole!
3x20 yard piles here :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
I dragged my landplane up and down the gravel portion of our 700' private road a bunch of times. I also learned something new about my B3200. When I swapped the snowblower and the FEL in the fall, it was fairly cold out. When I went to put the FEL back on, today, I couldn't get one set of connectors on because the FEL hydraulic line was pressurized because of the warm weather. The tractor side was fine.

I was about to give up and my wife (!) said that I should use a box wrench and loosen one of the FEL threaded fittings to relieve the pressure, then tighten it back up. Yep, that worked. That's gonna cost me.

Reactions: 2 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Does it count to walk around the new tractor trying to figure out all the zerks and consider checking all the fluids? Seems like I will be greasing things well before the due date. New is fun for sure!

Reactions: 2 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Does it count to walk around the new tractor trying to figure out all the zerks and consider checking all the fluids? Seems like I will be greasing things well before the due date. New is fun for sure!
I just did my entire backhoe and the tractor yesterday, haven’t used the loader much, I have been putting hrs on the little orange shovel on the back of my little beast this week. I actually remembered to grease the HST peddle today!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I dragged my landplane up and down the gravel portion of our 700' private road a bunch of times. I also learned something new about my B3200. When I swapped the snowblower and the FEL in the fall, it was fairly cold out. When I went to put the FEL back on, today, I couldn't get one set of connectors on because the FEL hydraulic line was pressurized because of the warm weather. The tractor side was fine.

I was about to give up and my wife (!) said that I should use a box wrench and loosen one of the FEL threaded fittings to relieve the pressure, then tighten it back up. Yep, that worked. That's gonna cost me.
That's happened a few times to me. I've ended up pushing in the valve by tapping it with something flat ended and a hammer. I hold the fitting and punch in a rag in one hand with the rag for when the pressure releases and some fluid shoots out. Worked for me in the field, now I've got a small punch in the tool box for the purpose.

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
Have you filed under a tax exemption of some sort?
I just filed for an agg exemption for honey bees now that we've been here long enough to qualify (5 years). I'm expecting it to cut my tax bill in half or more.

I couldn't get my BH77 to hook up to my L3901 a while back. I messed with the connection for too long and then left it alone for a couple of weeks. It finally dawned on me to do what your wife recommended. I loosened a fitting on the BH side, tightened it back up and all was good.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I just filed for an agg exemption for honey bees now that we've been here long enough to qualify (5 years). I'm expecting it to cut my tax bill in half or more.

I couldn't get my BH77 to hook up to my L3901 a while back. I messed with the connection for too long and then left it alone for a couple of weeks. It finally dawned on me to do what your wife recommended. I loosened a fitting on the BH side, tightened it back up and all was good.
what I started doing is connecting the 2 lines together on the BH and then just using a cap on the third one. Haven’t had a problem since.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Not to or on exactly: but, shopping day! Bought a quick-hitch and a 60" rotary tiller (Tillovator) at Agri-Supply.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Well, I guess I did something after all - I had to unload the tiller.

Learned a bit of something, too: looks like the tiller (about 650lb) is just at the edge of what my tractor can lift without ballast. I remembered there was no implement attached right before I lifted, so I decided I'll go REALLY slow and stop immediately if any problems. I could feel the back lightening, but it never lifted. Fortunately, I wasn't MOVING the tiller, just drove the truck out from underneath and lowered it to the ground. Wouldn't have risked it if I were moving.

So, learned today: keep that load under 650 or always be sure to have something on the back.

Reactions: 1 users