What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Spread about 100 yards of fill today, over what used to be woods.
Topsoil next, gonna be a lot of topsoil lol

Reactions: 6 users

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Doing a full service on the new to me bx2200 at 562 hours.

New oil and filter, both fuel filters, air filter, hydraulic oil filter too..

Spent about 300 at messicks, bought Tuesday night and the parts were delivered to South Florida this afternoon

Got new anti scalp wheels for the 54 inch mower, new mower belt, new blades, few spare spindle bearings and one of the anti scalp arms as it was bent.. will be ordering new anti scalp wheel bolts as a few have groves in them tonight..

Also got a new alternator belt..

Going to grease everything underneath and try to adjust the trettle peddle as it likes to creep forward and does not always return or is slow to..

Did the oi change today the rest will have to wait till tomorrow..

Will be useing the l2501 to do the mower deck work.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Re-grading driveway base before putting down new stone. All about water control here at the bottom of the hill, and it needed some improvements.

First time I wished I had hydraulic top link, and more so, NHSledogg’s hydraulic scarifier control.....👍

F4E116ED-5DA6-412E-9A43-FB1845534C56.jpeg

Got it about where I want it...

A2C26233-4C80-4F52-8066-5E29F9282429.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Hooked up the new tiller today

tractor.jpg

Took it out and tilled the field. 1 pass lengthwise, 1 pass widthwise, then a run around the perimeter to smooth out some tractor tracks from maneuvering at the edges. Walked the tilling area first looking for and removing anything visible that would cause problems.

field.jpg

After I was done, cleaning up, I found that I had picked up a piece of fencing - not sure when or where. I didn't notice any problems with the tiller - figure that.

tangled.jpg

Cleared out that mess:

wire.jpg

Pretty happy with the purchase and the results.

Reactions: 8 users

JMC

Equipment
L3000DT
Feb 17, 2021
South Carolina
I’m not sure but I think that this might be my first post since upgrading from my ancient 70-year-old 8N to my newly acquired 2003 L3000DT. In reality, I don’t have enough acreage to justify a tractor. While the tractor is quite an update from the old, this basic Kubota model is about as close as you get to a modern version of an old bulletproof 8N.

So, now it’s spring and I am prepping my garden plots. First, I deep-tilled using my 7 shank scarifier. Next, I cut the clumps of grass-laden red clay soil with a disc harrow. Besides the red clay soil, this land spent nearly a century being compacted by the hooves of horses. So breaking down the clods is a challenge.

My solution...hillbilly engineering or “Fabricobbling!” Among my two-wheel David Bradley garden tractor collection, I have two drag harrows. Using my earlier cobbled trailer toter (rusty scrap angle iron), I managed to fixture the two harrows parallel in a manner that keeps them fully functional and in a way that keeps them intact for their original design and function. Overall, worked great AE5C4DA7-56BC-46C0-ADB6-A0BA7F6B49A4.jpeg
AE5C4DA7-56BC-46C0-ADB6-A0BA7F6B49A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I love your definitions and usage of "ancient" and "Fabricobbling". I use the term "redneck" in a most favorable and complimentary way. (y) (y)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Material almost gone.....another 5 yards would have been good.

Not happy with the job, but better than before. I’ll re-smooth everything after a while and may rent a plate compactor to pound it all down.

image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Cleared a area for my upcoming tractor shed build, 27x24 or to be determined. No chain saw work except for that lone red pine on the left. That one is a bit too large to knock over and yank out root ball and all like the smaller red and Scots pines.
DSC00374.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Rows!

rows2.jpg

rows1.jpg

I don't have a hiller, need to get one I think. But the cultivator does a passable job.

Reactions: 3 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
you should start a project thread on this! will be a great to watch
I will be having the shed itself built. Its out of the scope of what I feel comfortable attempting . I told the two builders that are being considered that I will handle the site clearing and grading.
Heck, I still have to finish up the overhead cover for my shooting bench, (on the right side of the picture).

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Good looking jobs by you both Ken and random!
What setting hole for your shoes did you have your tiller set at random?
I was thinking one could set them for the deepest setting and use the 3-point to adjust the depth. Although it's prolly easier to just drop and go.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got the B1700 and the B3200 out for the first mow and windfall cleanup. The 1700 hasn’t moved since it was serviced last fall. No battery tender on it and she started right up. Just beat the rain moving in. Oh yeah, burned a good stick as well. Cut up a couple windfalls and hauled them to the burn pile but that will wait for another day

Attachments

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Doing the deck maintenance for the bx2200.. changed out the old worn out blades for new oem Kubota blades, was trying to figure out how the gear box comes off to change the belt, which is in better shape than I thought, had it all lose, decided to check the gear oil in it and it was empty!

Going to put it back together and see how it sounds, the gear box has very little play when turning the driveshaft to when the blades turn.. added the only 80w90 gear oil I have which is Yamaha outboard gear oil so I know that is good stuff.. whatever damage is done is already done.. going to let it sit overnight and see if it is leaking and go from there since I don't have parts for it anyway

I did flush the gear box out and very little metal came out... hopefully it's fine.

Glad I only mowed with it once, maybe 20 min, it is a bit noisy I figured one of the spindle bearings were bad, and ordered a few in anticipation of that.. so I know why it was noisy now..

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I will be having the shed itself built. Its out of the scope of what I feel comfortable attempting .
Now that can't be the redneck way. :rolleyes: We are 'sposed to screw it up so badly that it takes twice the cost and a good "I told you so" butt chewing from the wife. ;)

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
This is what happens when you don't grease your anti scalp rollers.. the bolt that hols the rollers looks like a cam shaft! Going to order new bolts for the new rollers and 1 more of the roller adjustment bars as it's bent and I didn't notice till I tried to take it out and it got stuck half way down..

Attachments

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Started prepping my "gravel capture pond" by grading and filling low areas so the surface water will run off and the pond will dry out later in the spring/early summer.
I will then "re-capture" the accumulated road gravel for use on my and my folks driveways.
Every year the town adds tons of gravel to the roads which then gets washed into my "dry pond" whenever it rains. So I have a constant supply of free material.:p
Then finally got the fan belt adjusted properly so it no longer squeals under heavy loading.
Checked all fluids and found my hydro level was not showing on the dipstick and had to add about a gallon and a half to get it up to correct level. Odd, because last time I checked it, it read low but was visible on the 'stick.That was maybe 10 hrs ago. No leaks at all on the machine.
All hydraulics operated fine so I hoping there is no problem since there is normally 15 gallons of fluid in the machine .