Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I went into basic training in January 1973. We went through a line as you described, but they were using a multi-vaccine gun at the time. I got my injections and went into anaphylactic shock. I woke up in the hospital a couple days later. I was told that I was allergic to one of the vaccines, but they did not know which one. After that,every time we had to get another shot for some reason, I was excluded or excused, whichever term you care to use. The only times I had to take injections was for deployments to various different countries. Those injections were for a gamma globulin shot. They always held me for observation for several hours in case I went into shock again. I never did from that shot but I had some severe reactions when they tried to give me a flu shot once. After that episode my medical record was flagged as I was allergic to the flu vaccine and they never tried that one again. There was one other episode where I went into into anaphylactic shock but it was from an antibiotic they gave me during a surgery.

The Army was real good about keeping medical records accurate and up to date. The units I was assigned to had our own medics and doctors so they all knew who had special medical conditions or considerations that were not within the standard or norm.
Armylifer, with that history they wouldn’t give you the current Covid vaccines, nor should you consider it. They specifically ask if you have ever had a reaction, particularly anaphylactic shock, and if so they will not give you the shot. The vaccines are not dangerous for the average person, but you are not one of them. The rest of us can consider it.

Reactions: 1 users

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The Johnson and Johnson one is 60 or 70% effective. Protects against hospitalization or death from covid 19.
I'm good with that shot. If it ever comes along.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I have no idea what the hell we were given shots for, I still have a tiny hole i my left shoulder from one of the guns.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
May not be a bad choice, who knows at this point.

In reading this thread I was wondering about your screen name @armylifer. As a Marine I was injected with God knows what, dozens of times--we just got in a line and here come the shots. No one told us what it was or why we needed it. I guess the Army must be very different, or maybe you refused to receive the vaccinations?
They give you shots just to toughen you up in boot camp. Stand in line, step up between the two people. Both medics had a multi shot gun. They would shoot you in both arms simultaneously.

Then go stand in another line to get a shot in the keister 😳😳😳😳

Those people with a penicillin allergy got it lucky. They got to avoid the line for the keister shot. They got sent to stand in a different line to choke down a horse pill.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
went through a line as you described, but they were using a multi-vaccine gun at the time. I got my injections and went into anaphylactic shock.
same thing... makes me laugh now. Arm bleeding moving down a line.. the good old days. Better than that is when they would check our blood. They would stick the needle in your arm and tell you to pull it out when it’s full

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When I was on Okinawa and going to Japan (it wasn't Japan back then) I got 7 injections in about 5 minutes. I learned then to always get an injection in your most active arm, and if at all possible go for a walk swing both arm as much as possible.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
So the CDC has determined that TWO masks may add more protection than just one. You know Quid Pro Joe will be all for it.

I wonder how long it will take the the brain trust over there to figure out that 6 masks will block even more than 2 - SMH

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
So the CDC has determined that TWO masks may add more protection than just one. You know Quid Pro Joe will be all for it.

I wonder how long it will take the the brain trust over there to figure out that 6 masks will block even more than 2 - SMH
They've also stated continue wearing mask, social distancing, and still susceptible to virus.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Kind of like razors. Two blades = good -- seven = great.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
The Johnson and Johnson one is 60 or 70% effective. Protects against hospitalization or death from covid 19.
I'm good with that shot. If it ever comes along.
That's the one that doesn't require super-cold refrigeration and is a single shot, right?

I was also reading just last night that a Lancet study shows the Russian vaccine 90%+ effective, in contradiction to some earlier reports. What that means to the rest of the world, who knows...

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well considering this is the forum where people discuss enthusiastically the benefits of adding a second inline fuel filter, or oem filters versus the el cheapo ones from the local dime store, the logic should be clear. Problem is Dr Fauci shied away from making a clear recommendation for two, because he has no control over two of what. Or how worn. I keep seeing the people with one dirty filthy rag worn at half mast. Two of those is not going to do much good.

Fit is, as said in the video, key. You can have a great fuel filter, but if the fuel line is sucking air, the tractor won’t run right.

If you have access to an N95 respirator for work that fits right, use it and cover the exhaust valve with a cloth mask to protect those around you. This works the best for me.
The KN95 masks are easy to get and the material they are made of will protect against the tiny aerosol droplets. I have trouble getting them to fit my face, depends on your face. I like the ones that tie behind your head the best. Stay put.

You guys could figure it out and improvise. I get discouraged about the general population. As mentioned before the problem with common sense is that it is so uncommon. o_O

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Just received my second dose of Moderna today. So far nothing out of the ordinary but a slight headache.

When I was at the health department I overheard the receptionist telling walk-ins that starting Monday they will be doing 1000 per day at an old shopping mall site. First come-first served. So maybe those of you that want it will have an opportunity soon in your area.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
God gave us all LUNGS to filter out the crap, look it up. And mine IS OEM.

I think 6 masks should be mandatory, you know for safety. Because 6 IS better than 2 right?

All this to get vaccinated and then CONTINUE to hide from it. SMH

I had the actual Covid and it was a whole lot less intrusive than steps to avoid it.

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
God gave us all LUNGS to filter out the crap, look it up. And mine IS OEM.

I think 6 masks should be mandatory, you know for safety. Because 6 IS better than 2 right?

All this to get vaccinated and then CONTINUE to hide from it. SMH

I had the actual Covid and it was a whole lot less intrusive than steps to avoid it.
Why stop at 6 masks? 7 is considered a lucky number.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Just received my second dose of Moderna today. So far nothing out of the ordinary but a slight headache.

When I was at the health department I overheard the receptionist telling walk-ins that starting Monday they will be doing 1000 per day at an old shopping mall site. First come-first served. So maybe those of you that want it will have an opportunity soon in your area.
This would be a good thing. This recent study showed that the age group between 20 and 49 was responsible for most of the transmission and spread of Covid in the community. Maybe no surprise since that age group is out and about working and comes into contact with the most people.

Vaccinating that age group asap would do a lot to stop the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.