LX2610 swivel seat

JimsF

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, LA535 FEL, BH77 Backhoe, 20’ Utility trailer
Sep 15, 2020
NH
Just now buying an LX2610 ROPS model with BH77 and concerned I might be making a mistake going to the swivel seat. Appears I will lose the existing comfortable suspension seat, sit higher and maybe tilt forward. If true, assume there's an option to go the CAB path and get an extra seat? Is there any downsides to that?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
On the open station, you only need one seat for tractor/BH. On the cab model there is another seat for the BH and the BH sits about a foot further back.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just now buying an LX2610 ROPS model with BH77 and concerned I might be making a mistake going to the swivel seat. Appears I will lose the existing comfortable suspension seat, sit higher and maybe tilt forward. If true, assume there's an option to go the CAB path and get an extra seat? Is there any downsides to that?
You can get the BH mount with the extra seat if you wanted to for a ROPS model. Just know that it will add an extra 10-12" or so to your overall length. That is the BH used for cabbed models and L series tractors. It simply has another set of brackets that push the 4 point mount back.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Other than the additional cost for the extended mount and the cost of the additional seat, one thing I would say is I am 200 pound guy, and the leg room area with the extended mount can get tight for space running the backhoe for extended times. It also changes the approach angle if loading on a trailer, as it is now longer. If you choose to go that way, make sure you get the correct joy sticks for the extended mount as they are shorter.

Reactions: 1 users

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
So big question for me is it worth the cost and additional length I.e. is the swivel seat that much more uncomfortable?? I’ve Only sat in the non-swivel seat and it was fine, but with short legs i don’t want to be reaching for the pedals killing my back on bumps all day. Thoughts?

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
My thinking would be with a swivel seat there are that many more moving parts to wear out, or just get sloppy. Even with the rops model you still have to get off the seat and swivel it around. Ain't like you can just swivel and be ready to work the backhoe. The seat that you will be getting with the extended backhoe is just ok, not a premium ride at all. It's easy for me to spend your money, but I would go with the extended backhoe, and additional seat and have a nice seat while doing loader work. My guess is you may add another $1000.00 to the price. But hey, it's only money😉

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
My thinking would be with a swivel seat there are that many more moving parts to wear out, or just get sloppy. Even with the rops model you still have to get off the seat and swivel it around. Ain't like you can just swivel and be ready to work the backhoe. The seat that you will be getting with the extended backhoe is just ok, not a premium ride at all. It's easy for me to spend your money, but I would go with the extended backhoe, and additional seat and have a nice seat while doing loader work. My guess is you may add another $1000.00 to the price. But hey, it's only money😉
I’m thinking I agree, but hope you’re kidding about the 1000$. Anyone actually sat in one?

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
It is only a quess, as my tractor quote was not itemized. Because I have a cab b2650 I had to have the extension and extra seat to have a backhoe, it was only priced as a bh77. But it is a big chunk of steel.

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
How much of a problem is it finding a trailer that has a shallow enough slope to get it on & off with the extension?

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
How much of a problem is it finding a trailer that has a shallow enough slope to get it on & off with the extension?
It is all about the ramps, not so much the trailer.

Just get longer ramps.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I have a b2601 with the swivel seat. It sucks.

You spend most of your time using the tractor, why ruin the seat to accommodate the short amount of time you need to use the BH?

I really don’t like Kubotas design decision there.

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
dealer says kubota changed the swivel seat in the last few years, due to complaint, and hasn’t heard complaints since. That said, they‘re willing to switch it out for the CAB version if I want.

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
I have a b2601 with the swivel seat. It sucks.

You spend most of your time using the tractor, why ruin the seat to accommodate the short amount of time you need to use the BH?

I really don’t like Kubotas design decision there.
Greg, dealer says they upgraded the seat recently ... what year is your tractor?

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Greg, dealer says they upgraded the seat recently ... what year is your tractor?
My B2601 was built in May of 2020.

I'm a fit 165lb 33 year old. Mowing our country yard gives me back problems (I kid you not, after 1.5 hours of mowing I get off the tractor with a stiff/sore back).

I'm not a complainer, but I really am in disbelief at the quality of the seat. The original non-swivel seat (I had the tractor for 1.5 months before the backhoe was put on) was passable. But once the swivel seat got put on, it's like the springs on the swivel seat are too weak and you're riding on zero suspension.

BTW I mow with the loader and BH off.

Also - I know the LX gets a nicer seat, I'm not sure if the swivel seat is also different. It's possible the LX/BH seat setup is better than the B.

For me, if I had the choice (I don't think the BH70 has the option), I'd rather have a dedicated BH seat. I don't do a ton of BH work, I'd rather have the primary tractor seat be the intended design and the best it can be. The B2601 swivel seat seems like a poorly engineered "solution". It sits too high because they couldn't do significant modification to lower the seat while still fitting the swivel base in there.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I kept the comfy seat and just added a BH seat behind it. You do not need to extend anything or get a different subframe. The seat mounted right up to existing holes and works great. The whole swivel seat assembly is sitting in the mancave. It comes with the BH77 and I just told the dealer to not install it leaving the original B2650 seat as is. I think it works great and didn't add any length or cause any trailering issues.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I kept the comfy seat and just added a BH seat behind it. You do not need to extend anything or get a different subframe. The seat mounted right up to existing holes and works great. The whole swivel seat assembly is sitting in the mancave. It comes with the BH77 and I just told the dealer to not install it leaving the original B2650 seat as is. I think it works great and didn't add any length or cause any trailering issues.

I'd like to see a pic of your setup if you get the opportunity.

JimsF

Equipment
Sep 15, 2020
NH
I've got to ask the dealer whether the B2601 seat is the same ... I'd put money that it is. In which case I'll keep the tractor seat. interested in how to connect the seat to the hoe without the extension as well ... appreciate all the advice!

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
This is how the seat at attaches to the b77 with the extensions to fit a cab model b2650. If your dealer will let you order a la cart, you wouldn't have to purchase the swivel seat at all, just the cab model seat and post.

1600953492169-1274774374.jpg