Best all around tire for your sub compact tractor!

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
I just got in the ones I ordered - here is a picture of what they look like, seems like a well designed tire.

And for a reference - ALL those tires on the front end of the BX series scut are 4 ply......which is sad! These are 4 ply also, but I hope that the bead will seal and that little bit of air will stay in them!

Ordered these - $89 bucks for TWO shipped! SO if by chance they dont do what I wish, then I will back up ten and punt!:p

Bottom line - the tires on the front end from Kubota are sad excuses for tires (R4) - other than the HST fan - it is the weakest part on the tractor IMO.
You will love these tires man, I promise.. the sidewalk is super super stiff, they feel more like a 6ply and have extremely thick sidewalls to boot.. they are kind of a pain to mount tho because they are so stiff.. which is actually a good thing..

I havnt had these tires squat bad yet and Iv lifted a lot of weight with my loader

Stock Kubota turf tires are considered to be a 4ply but yet they seem soo thin.. these wt300’s felt like the sidewalk was 2x the thickness.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Well Biff,

After poking a hole in my tire, and having a tube placed in it (tire man did NOT want to do it, said it would not hold) and it is not holding .....

I may take you up on that tire ....why? for less that $120 I will have two new tires.....placed on, balanced....ok joke there:D.....and HOPEFULLY they will NOT @$%@#$# leak!!!!:rolleyes:

here is where I plan on getting them from :

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-570046/reviews/

thank you for the info.....

I will report back after I get it all sorted.....

sad thing is - both of my original tires look almost brand new! I guess I can keep one as spare!:D
Let us know how you liked them! You can***8217;t beat the price and these tires do NOT feel cheaply made by any means.

They don***8217;t look like they have a lot of tread in the online pictures but when I measured the pugs against a typical R4 tire lug there was only about 1/8***8221; difference which isn***8217;t much.. the pictures DONT to these tires justice.

We just got 3***8217; of snow the other day and I plowed my entire driveway with my bx and these tires did fantastic! I have still yet to get stuck with them!

Edit: I have not had ANY leaks with my tires and Iv had them on for months and months and months now. I mounted mine myself with a tire machine I have at work.

Last edited:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Was gonna call your bluff on those.....
I went to the summit racing to find them, and if you are correct - these are very inexpensive tires, only thing I wish is I could find a better than 4 ply for the front end of the BX2370 - the factory tires aint cutting the mustard. Butt load of flats, inner side wall is weak and even with tubes, I am still suffering from tire problems.

I might consider those you mentioned!;):)

for those interested- here are more tires for the BX

https://www.amazon.com/Carlisle-Trac-Chief-Lawn-Garden/dp/B005O5VJNI

https://www.amazon.com/18X8-50-8-18...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WAA29E86Y5HTK84CVSSM

and those looking for rims and TIRES:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H3PCFN/ref=psdc_13789601_t1_B005O5VJNI

We still have turf on the rear of the BX2200- with chains now. We took the turf off the front and replaced with 8 ply rt4 tires because we're digging out a bunch of multiflora roses and brush and kept getting flats with 4 ply turfs. We haven't had a one with the rt4, but they can mark up the lawn on sharp turns. These look good for replacing the rear 4 ply- we've had almost no flats, etc on rear- all the dirty work is done with the front, I suppose, so a 4 ply with decent tread might do the trick. But the ass- end is a little light- had the u-joint go out on the front wheel drive and are waiting for the part. As light as the rear is, it's almost impossible to move any snow with any sort of positive grade- level is kind of ok and downhill is pretty darned good. I never thought the front wheel drive was helping THAT much- lol! Guess I learned a thing or two!

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Does anyone use chains on their front tires? Is it a good idea? A bad idea? She thinks we should. I'm not sure.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
You can use chains, but it puts a ton of stress on the front drivetrain which is weaker than the rear diff and axle. It also adds stress to the steering system. I would only consider it if you simply cannot get around with rear chains only, and even then I'd be leery of it.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I put a set of those on my zero turn this year and Im really happy with them. Way better than the OEM turfs.

I dont know how good they would be with a loader tractor as they are only 4 ply. Not meant for heavy loads.
Mikester, can you elaborate a bit more on your experiences with these tires on your mower?

I get stuck (mud) all the time with my ztr mowers and wonder if a bar/lug tire would work better for me as well.

Thanks.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Hey guys! It’s been a real long time since I started this thread and I hope it has helped tons of people.. I finally got around to making a video on these tires and posted it to my YouTube channel (Biff’s Equipment)

Drop a like or subscribe if you dig it. Thanks for all your interest!

Video Link:
https://youtu.be/Doc1yNMbGuY

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Mikester, can you elaborate a bit more on your experiences with these tires on your mower?

I get stuck (mud) all the time with my ztr mowers and wonder if a bar/lug tire would work better for me as well.

Thanks.
Hi dirtydeed

Heres a blog post I made with photos that includes the tire mods
http://divergentstuff.ca/index.php/...-60p-modifications/comment-page-1/#comment-50

Does anyone use chains on their front tires? Is it a good idea? A bad idea? She thinks we should. I'm not sure.
I use them on my M59 no problem. You have to be careful and keep the chains tight and use spiders to keep them from walking into your steering linkages. Generally I only put chains on in late winter after we get ice storms and my driveway is an ice rink with zero traction.

Last edited:

itguy

Equipment
Kubota BX23S, CB0546, GS0548, LR0560, PFL1242, RCR1242, SGC0554, WB10, QH05
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
Well....
ordered Carlisle WT300 tires from summit racing.......$89.00 shipped to my door for both - $10 to place on rim......
Total $100

here are the side by side with RC's
time will tell ifn they work well:D
thanks NoBiffBetter for the heads up;)
Hi,
Found this post on the WT300 tires, I was looking to get a set for my BX23S on the rear. I was considering the new R14's but I want good stability and the rounded profile does not look like the full width of the tire is in contact with the ground like the R4's.

What was your experience with the WT300 compared to the stock R4's that come with the BX?

Thanks,
Kirk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What was your experience with the WT300 compared to the stock R4's that come with the BX?

Thanks,
Kirk
I find very little difference between the two - other than the fact that I place air in the new ones about once a year........... rather than once a week for the OEM tires!!!! They have held up very well too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Hi,
Found this post on the WT300 tires, I was looking to get a set for my BX23S on the rear. I was considering the new R14's but I want good stability and the rounded profile does not look like the full width of the tire is in contact with the ground like the R4's.

Thanks,
Kirk
The r-14 tires are very stable and have nearly an identical contact patch. I've ran several tractors from my small B7510 to larger agg tractors with them and wouldn't trade them for any r-4 pattern tires, especially if traction is of concern.

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
The r-14 tires are very stable and have nearly an identical contact patch. I've ran several tractors from my small B7510 to larger agg tractors with them and wouldn't trade them for any r-4 pattern tires, especially if traction is of concern.
Ok, thanks that is good to know...

What pressure do you run them at, I think the rated max is 30-32 PSI?

Last edited:

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State

Thanks,
Kirk
I find very little difference between the two - other than the fact that I place air in the new ones about once a year........... rather than once a week for the OEM tires!!!! They have held up very well too.
Are you using front and rear, or just the front?

Last edited by a moderator:

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
I decided to go with the R14's, my dealer had a full set already mounted. I installed the rears and they are nice and feel more stable than the BKT tires I had on the rear.

I was going to try the fronts but they gave me two right wheels and after comparing to my current BKT fronts they look like they have a much smaller footprint, though they look taller but not sure since they're not under a load.

Attachments

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
I decided to go with the R14's, my dealer had a full set already mounted. I installed the rears and they are nice and feel more stable than the BKT tires I had on the rear.

I was going to try the fronts but they gave me two right wheels and after comparing to my current BKT fronts they look like they have a much smaller footprint, though they look taller but not sure since they're not under a load.
Well, my Dealer made my decision simpler...

Someone called in response to my message about receiving two right side wheels and told me Kubota doesn't always ship matched pairs and I had to take them in to a tire place and pay to have the tire reverse mounted.

These are going back to the dealer, I'm happy with the rears which was what I wanted to replace and not sure the fronts will be that much better than my 8 Ply BKT's.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Well, my Dealer made my decision simpler...

Someone called in response to my message about receiving two right side wheels and told me Kubota doesn't always ship matched pairs and I had to take them in to a tire place and pay to have the tire reverse mounted.

These are going back to the dealer, I'm happy with the rears which was what I wanted to replace and not sure the fronts will be that much better than my 8 Ply BKT's.
I got galaxy in the rear and Carlisle on the front of my B7510. Sorry I don't have any comparison pictures side by side. The rears are a half inch narrower then their turf counterparts. This I knew when buying them. The fronts are nearly the same width as factory. Tread pattern looks a bit different then what kubota offers. Don't mind the various state of the old girl. She's been getting some much needed attention.

Attachments