Kubota Tractor Cabs For Sale

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Thanks for the listing. I remember watching a video about their company some time back.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
I have owned one of there cabs for 3 years now, with the glass window and electric wiper on my BX2370. I had originally bought it to use on my BX2360, so when I traded tractors part of the deal was I kept my original BX2360 rollbar, which is about 6 inches lower than the one on the BX2370. I put the cab on in the fall after the grass cutting is done.
It works awesome. Great visability, and very easy to get in and out of the cab. I really enjoy blowing snow, and this cab does a great job blocking the wind and blowing snow.
I think you get excellent value for the price.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I contacted the company that makes them, they dont build one to fit the BX23S. Looks like its the way the BX23s ROP`s is built, its a different ROP`s on the BX23S. The BX23S ROP`s is all by itself, no other tractor model in its size uses that particular ROP`s. Location of the fold down area seems to be the issue, fastener locations, which is where the cab is mounted to ROP`s(?). I always seem to pick/buy the equipment that you cant ever get anything for...story of my life it seems...lol.

Here is a breakdown and instructions for the cab
http://www.originalcab.com/assets/images/12078manual.pdf

Heres a video of the installation... i can see why it wont fit the BX23S`s now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvpCg4Zpp-E

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The BX23S is a new model, it will take some time for the aftermarket companies to catch up.
Guess you should have gotten the factory cab! ;)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
The BX23S is a new model, it will take some time for the aftermarket companies to catch up.
Guess you should have gotten the factory cab! ;)
No i guess not, they wanted $6K for it PLUS an installation fee on top of the $6K.
It would only be used a couple winter months out of a year. Not worth it to me.

Reactions: 1 user

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
^I too could not justify the cost of the cab for my 23s...$6k was just too much money for me to spend, almost 1/3 the price of the damn tractor LOL.

Reactions: 1 users

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I went with the factory cab.
Expensive? Yes.
But it is nice. Tightly sealed. Plenty of room. Adds some conveniences (heat, switch panel for lights and whatnot, covered under insurance, 0% financing, etc...).
Worth it? I don't know but I'm probably going to be using this tractor to clear snow for the next 20+ years with it. Or at least I hope. After clearing snow the past two years without a cab, I'm going to assume it'll be worth every penny.
That all said, I can understand your reasons for going with the cheaper option.

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
I contacted the company that makes them, they dont build one to fit the BX23S. Looks like its the way the BX23s ROP`s is built, its a different ROP`s on the BX23S. The BX23S ROP`s is all by itself, no other tractor model in its size uses that particular ROP`s. Location of the fold down area seems to be the issue, fastener locations, which is where the cab is mounted to ROP`s(?). I always seem to pick/buy the equipment that you cant ever get anything for...story of my life it seems...lol.

Here is a breakdown and instructions for the cab
http://www.originalcab.com/assets/images/12078manual.pdf

Heres a video of the installation... i can see why it wont fit the BX23S`s now.
Very late update.... the Original Tractor Cab Hard Top Cab Enclosure - 12078 will fit the bx23s, I just ordered one for mine... See the video link:
note*** there is not a part 2 to the video. Hope this helps someone.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
^I too could not justify the cost of the cab for my 23s...$6k was just too much money for me to spend, almost 1/3 the price of the damn tractor LOL.

me 3..... i find my prescription inserts in my snow goggles, and my yukon hat are good enough for now when blowing snow lol

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
me 3..... i find my prescription inserts in my snow goggles, and my yukon hat are good enough for now when blowing snow lol
Crash277, I think the Curtis cab for the BX23s is 8000.00 in Canada :/ crazy expensive... My OTC will be just fine and I can remove it in the summer :)

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My cab was expensive, but it saved my life when I accidently opened up a white faced hornet nest in the rear lawn. My neighbor was working with me about 100 feet away, when I disturbed the nest. He jumped on the golf cart and got far enough away not to be stung. After I had scooped a load of mulch, and was moving away from the hornets nest, the hornets abandoned their attack on the cab. Neighbor told me that the roof of the cab was black with buzzing hornets trying to get in. Had they, I probably wouldn't have survived the attack.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Crash277, I think the Curtis cab for the BX23s is 8000.00 in Canada :/ crazy expensive... My OTC will be just fine and I can remove it in the summer :)
Did you get your cab installed yet?

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
UPDATE**** snippet from OTC Facebook page... BX23s cab will be available very soon ;)
Capture.JPG

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
What? They are going to make a cab for the BX23S and you wont be able to access the backhoe??????? Seems easy enough to do...I dont see what the problem is???
So I assume it will be the 2380 cab with different brackets? Sad. I have the 2380 cab on my BX23S and you could see how they use one design to cover multiple models! A little wonky in my mind! I like the way they dont tell you that you need to remove the grab handles so the doors will shut! The instructions tell you on the last page but no videos mention it! Well I modified that myself! Im glad I didnt wait for the new model! I own one but I think they are a little cheesy and dont think they are worth $1250.00 but I paid $850 for mine at Messics!

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Later on I thought the windshield and electric wiper would be nice and it is I do like that! It should come with the cab for the money! Well I need mirrors right....well the mirrors limit how far you can open the doors to an already tight squeeze getting in the cab! Then the mirror gets moved every time you open the door and how do you adjust them when you cant open the window??? You have to crack the door open enough not to bump the mirror reach out the top of the door which isn't much room and grab the top of the mirror! After a few tries you'll get it right. You cant tell if the mirror is ok because you are not seated correctly while trying to adjust the mirror! If you get out the mirror gets bumped again and the hold down screws don't do anything! Im going to try crazy glue. Its just a poor design. Lastly removing the FEL with no access from the seat sucks but once the snow fly's It will not be removed. Sorry to be a downer but this is my honest review of the OTC cab! Better than nothing, and the cheapest alternative out there! Sadly the videos (no names mentioned) say what a great cab it is and don't mention any of the down sides, but hey...thats the internet no one wants to admit flaws in something they paid good money for and if you say what a great item the company has maybe you can get some freebies and when you go to their web site you might see your video install that will get you more views! Yes I will be out of the wind this winter but every gap in the cab pulls air in and on you from the air the radiator fan pulls. Feels almost like air conditioning only colder in the freezing temps. I dont like to think about it but the cab frame connects to the quick disconnect for the FEL and we all know the problems some face with that! Mine is still ok fingers crossed!

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I did get a free heater when you purchase more than $500! Biffs videos claim there is a high draw from it and should be disconnected after each use??? Maybe a fire hazard? Mines still in the box. Now I see why they are giving them away just look at the reviews on that model! They simply dont work!

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Lastly Kubota's biggest selling machine the BX23S will make OTC a pile of money. Many Kubota owners are probably waiting for it and will jump on it when its available, but I have to assume customers will be less than happy with it. Modifying a current model cab instead of working up a new model that addresses all of the problems will save OTC money lowering manufacturing costs and increase profits! I hope im wrong about all of this but we shall see!
Funny....there are really no customer reviews on OTC's website!

Last edited:

BadAndy

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
What? They are going to make a cab for the BX23S and you wont be able to access the backhoe??????? Seems easy enough to do...I dont see what the problem is???
So I assume it will be the 2380 cab with different brackets? Sad. I have the 2380 cab on my BX23S and you could see how they use one design to cover multiple models! A little wonky in my mind! I like the way they dont tell you that you need to remove the grab handles so the doors will shut! The instructions tell you on the last page but no videos mention it! Well I modified that myself! Im glad I didnt wait for the new model! I own one but I think they are a little cheesy and dont think they are worth $1250.00 but I paid $850 for mine at Messics!
Well done to get it at 850.00, I too am surprised they didn't make the back removable for the backhoe. I also bought the 2380 cab and will be installing it next week and from what I understand, you can remove the back to get to the backhoe on the 2380 model, although I will be removing mine in the summer anyway... Do you have pics of the mod you made?