List of Grey Market Models & North American Equivilant

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Here is Kubota's list

http://www.kubota.com/priorproduct/GrayMarketList.aspx

Goal is to start listing the models in above link ALONG with their North/South American equivalents, notes, hints etc.

So start putting in post here equivalents and I'll try to organize somehow in this thread. These could be links to post or threads that already discuss an equivalent. I say that cause I know there is a ton of answers to equivalents already in here spread out all over this forum. Idea is to get it organized in one easy to use place here in this top post.

B5000 ....................... B6000 (A B6000 can also be a grey market) *edit by NIW
B6000 ....................... B6000 *edit by NIW
B7000 ....................... B7100 (Some aspects) *edit by NIW
B7001 ....................... B7100 (Some aspects) *edit by NIW
L1-22 (Sunshine).........L2950 should be similar. Vic believes they would not have even made a manual for the L1-22.
L126 ........................ L2650 is similar
... Major difference is the PTO. Other versions will only have a 1 or 2 speed PTO this) has 4 speeds, most implements will run at speed 1 or 2 if I remember right. (Thank You North Idaho Wolfman)

L1500 ....................... L175. same parts across the board (Thanks Daren Todd)
L1500DT..................... L225DT. same driveline (Thank You Daniel.Ray77 )
L1501....................... L185. 90% of the same parts. Where it's sketchy is the gears, since the l1501 has the creeper gears where the l185 doesn't. (Thanks Daren Todd)
L1501DT ................... L225DT (for the tranny cross reference, not sure about rest)
L2000 ....................... L225 helps a little

Last edited:

Jayke73

Jan 7, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
Re: List of Grey Market Models

THANK YOU for starting this list! I know nothing about tractors but my father-in-law has a Kubota tractor on his farm in New Zealand. We helped him fix the hydraulics, but it was very trial-and-error because all the labels and instructions are in Japanese. My brilliant idea for his next birthday present was to get him a manual in English, but that was before I knew what "gray market" meant, much less how impossible it would be to get any information or help from U.S. dealers. I'm really happy to have found this website and I think we'll get him a lifetime OrangeTractorTalks.com membership, as well.

My question: Is the ZL1-20 the same as an L1-20?? What's a Monroematic? According to the photo I took of my father-in-law's tractor, the model is a "Sunshine ZL1-20 Kubota Munroematic." The only "ZL" reference I have found is from used tractor dealer in Europe. Any info on what model manual(s) might be relevant/helpful would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

These are links to the same tractor that my father-in-law has:
http://www.usedtractors.gr/product/kubota-zl1-20-sunshine-4x4-20hp/ and http://tractor.eu/machine/82/kubota-sunshine-zl1-22#prettyPhoto

cedicol

Jul 14, 2016
pepingen België
So, I have bought a grey one as well. Little did I know when I bought it. Could you please tell me what cross reference my gt3 is. I really hope you can help me because when I ask this at a dealer they just say, we can't help you. Good bye sir.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Monroematic: a hitch control system

OTT Monroematic

TBN Monroematic

From the translation link below:

Option which allows one to set rotary's plowing horizon level. Japanese farmers use the option so as to make plowing ground flat.

Bruce

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So, I have bought a grey one as well. Little did I know when I bought it. Could you please tell me what cross reference my gt3 is. I really hope you can help me because when I ask this at a dealer they just say, we can't help you. Good bye sir.
You can start by helping us out with starting a thread and posting pictures and specs like gears, engine size (CC# is cast into block behind the hydraulic pump, also on some is stamped into the block by the injection pump), Tire sizes, and PTO speeds.

I'm pretty sure there is no straight non grey cross over, but maybe someone can give you more info.

Last edited: