L175 - Fuel Injector Problem

kubotamark

Equipment
L175
Aug 13, 2010
eldersburg, md
I am looking for some advice on a fuel delivery problem on my L175. I followed OTT advice about bleeding the fuel injector lines on my tractor. The injector line closet to the steering wheel spurts out fuel great. However, the other line is barely putting out any fuel. Need some help trying to figure this one out. This problem is making is difficult to start my tractor. Thanks for the advice!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Theres three injectors.one high pressure line, one return line on each.
Loosen all three injector high pressure nuts and let us know what you find.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I had a similar problem with mine, had a diesel bugger clogging the second port on the injection pump. Disconnect that one line, check to see what kind of flow your getting at that port on the injection pump when you crank it. If your getting good flow at the injection pump, then the injection line is partially clogged. You can clean out the line with an air chuck

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Dont know what i was thinking, i am confused. Too many long hot days i guess.
If you do remove lines, be careful to not bend them,they are quite tough and you want everything to seal when you are done.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If the line is short enough you can use a long pipe cleaner as well.

If you're getting algae or something you have too much water in your fuel system.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pull the 2 injector lines off the injection pump and while cranking, throttle set to mid to low, check to see if the pump is putting out the same flow on both ports if it's not you need to have the injection pump rebuilt, and while your at it do the injectors too.

kubotamark

Equipment
L175
Aug 13, 2010
eldersburg, md
Thanks for the advice. I followed everyone's advice last night and I am getting hardly any flow out of the back injector valve. How hard is it to rebuild for DIY'er? Would it be easier and better to take to a mechanic to rebuild? Anyone know relative cost to rebuild?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
One thing you can try before having the pump worked on is loosen the port thats not doing too hot. Loosening the fitting that the injection line hooks too. It's got a spring and small ball bearing in there to meter the flow. Loosening it will allow fuel to free flow out that port. Mine started acting up like that, and ended up being full of fungus. Letting the fuel free flow thru it allowed all the gunk to be flushed out. Make sure to tighten the fitting back down all the way. And then check your flow again, by cranking the motor.

If that doesn't fix it, then it's time for a rebuild like wolfman stated

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
It could be as simple as the delivery valve is stuck or dirty but it may be better to take out the injection pump and have it checked/rebuilt.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I've dissasmbled older MB injectors for cleaning with a little success. I used alluminim pie pins. One for each injector. Purchased carb/part cleaner chemical that is the type used in cleaning machines in mechanics shop. it is a Soak it stuff not spray on. Often comes in gallon can. Though in hind site doing some spray cleaning ALSO may be good to help clean the micro sized holes. Cover your eyes.

Dissassembled noting EXACTLY how things came apart. Order of shims, way spring was oriented etc. Note here that injection shops I've been told actually dissassemble/assemble in nearly medical grade clean rooms. This is because a fine piece of dust can clog an injector hole. In the pie pins I soaked the parts for each injector. Sloshed it back and forth.. let is soak... sloshed it again etc. Did this for about a couple days of soaking. Reassembled them and the car.

What a difference it made. I had no way to do an injector spray pattern test but it must have made a difference.