What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Last week I put the forks on the 3 point, clamped on a skid and took my generator down the road for service. Went to pick it up today and it runs like a top. Made the Mrs. happy - :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I hung the read blade on yesterday and tried to smooth out the drive way some,,, did I do a good job? ehhh not so much

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Haven't used it yet today, but yesterday took my bucket off and put the snowplow back on. Then topped off the fuel to get ready for the snow storm today. It's snowing and blowing right now. We are supposed to get 12-18" of snow depending on how strong the N'Oreaster develops. Will get plenty of seat time cleaning up later.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I have one mile of gravel driveway to clear in the winter and I'm trying my best to find a way to keep the blower from picking up to much gavel which I think is just about impossible but I keep trying. Here I changed the skids for some 4x4 angle and put a 2" pipe on the bottom....better but still not the cure.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Next I think I'll try this idea that I found over at my tractor forum, thanks for the idea. Only thing different I think I will do is put 4 wheels on do to the weight. Definitely open to ideas.Almost forgot, here's the link.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/78-la...veway-pictures-large-caster-installation.html
After looking at the gouges in my lawn and driveway left by the skids on my blower, since all our snow melted on Monday, I would like to try a skid that was wide kind of like a ski but that curved smoothly not just in the forward and backward directions, but also in the left and right planes. This would allow it to slide sideways a bit without catching when the blower is steered. Not sure what it could be made out of, or how.

Throbbin Rods

Equipment
L245DT
Nov 20, 2015
Lebanon, NH
My 1985 L245DT was running like crap last week. Changed the fuel filter, filled the new filter with fresh diesel, and then it wouldn't run at all. Karen is off this week so this morning I had her run the starter while I opened and closed fittings on the fuel pump and the injectors. When there was just clear fluid coming out everywhere I closed everything up and and tried it - fired right up! Since we are getting hammered with snow right now I was mighty glad to hear the old girl fire up. Using that and the 3/4 ton plow rig I can handle most any snow storm.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Today I used my plow for the first time. The snow got too heavy and kept jammin up my chute or not even going in the auger area at all. It just bunched up in front and I was pushing snow. I managed to complete one pass by backing up and raising the snowblower and going at it again to make the snowbunch smaller and easier to clear. It was time consuming.

I popped it in reverse and got back to my garage and did a swap from the snowblower to the snowplow in under 5 minutes. After taking out a few nice sized chunks of grass, I got the hang of it, and finished up the road. I was glad that I could get the job done.

I think that the snowblower offers more freedom and would much rather prefer to use it if I could. It becomes a hassle on where to put the snow, and I lost control more easily, because I was going faster in trying to "throw the snow."

I just noticed a few photos I uploaded from my iPad rotated themselves. Ah well.

Attachments

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
It was snowing big wet flakes so I swapped out the forks for the back blade and ended up getting @ 2". Not the end of the world.

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
I got a used 5' box blade for Christmas, so I used it to level the sand footing in our horse arena and take out the tire tracks from when I did some donuts in our parking lot with the Jeep (it snowed in OR 2 weeks ago).

Additionally I used the weight from the box blade to finally get the tractor inside my shop and checked tire pressures. The left rear wheel now leaks through the valve, but it's slow enough with the cap on that I'll just need to monitor it for now.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
We are supposed to get 10" to 16" tonight on top of the 10 or so left on the ground now. So I fired the L260 put the chains on and hauled down a maple and an ash tree for the wood boiler in case its a long winter and the wood pile gets low. Won't be able to get up back again unless the snow settles. Can't say its all work when I get to use the tractor.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
After looking at the gouges in my lawn and driveway left by the skids on my blower, since all our snow melted on Monday, I would like to try a skid that was wide kind of like a ski but that curved smoothly not just in the forward and backward directions, but also in the left and right planes. This would allow it to slide sideways a bit without catching when the blower is steered. Not sure what it could be made out of, or how.
Sheepfarmer that's my thoughts exactly. The wheel idea seems like a good one but I think we are carrying too much weight on the front end. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna give it a try but Christmas took a toll on the play money. Bigger skis on the other hand will be cheap, just a trip to the recyclers and some more practice with the mig. The only problem I can see with the bigger skis is trying to steer. I'll let ya know how it goes.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
D2 like a stretched out contact lens, a long oval to support the edge of the blower which is about 18" deep where the skids are. Bearbait I'll look forward to hearing about your next experiment :)

HJMay

Equipment
Loading,Loading,Snowblowing
Sep 22, 2015
Lyman,Me
Tried to blow snow but chute kept clogging up. Have a B2782B on a 2650. Love in Maine. Heavy wet snow up here tonight.