What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
The pulverizer is working as expected. There is quite a bit of dead material and I raise and lower it as needed. Using the grapple to move the debris to a pile although I think manure forks or a rock bucket would be better options.

20240427_122202.jpg

20240427_125331.jpg

20240427_125342.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Was SO happy about putting deck on I decided to do it twice (pulled the connected PTO shaft apart aligning deck under tractor).

Got to see a Part Deux….🤬

And after all that it’s raining….🤬

I did refill the gearbox.😉

IMG_6784.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm clearing the area where the new barn/shed will go and had a nice fire going today. I used the MX as an expensive wheel barrow to haul stuff to the burn pile. I had the M6060 bucket on and decided to do a bit more on the new driveway. The MX had no trouble climbing the hill with a full bucket of dirt.

I plan on putting up a 30ft x 60ft barn/shed where the fire is, with the option to extend to 70ft and covered storage on both long sides of the structure. I figure I have until November to get it done. I rented a 10ft x 30ft storage unit for the boat so I don't feel quite as stressed to get something up in record time. I'll be welding up all the trusses and using steel pipe set in the ground with the holes filled with concrete. I might add a concrete floor at a later date but it'll be gravel to start with. I'll have 10ft x 10ft and 12ft x 16ft doors on the front end wall, and a 10ft x 10ft door on the rear end wall. This is the general plan at the moment.

Talking of fires, the state of Montana has become far stricter about burning. Anything bigger than a camp fire requires a permit that is free and good for the year, and it's easy to get online. We have to activate the permit any time we want to burn, and we can only burn natural stuff such as brush, trees, grass etc. There are a lot of questions to answer in addition to agreeing to the terms of the permit with severe penalties for failure to comply including up to a $10k fine and 6 months in prison for each violation. No plywood, construction material, treated lumber, painted wood etc.

mx6000_fire.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I'm clearing the area where the new barn/shed will go and had a nice fire going today. I used the MX as an expensive wheel barrow to haul stuff to the burn pile. I had the M6060 bucket on and decided to do a bit more on the new driveway. The MX had no trouble climbing the hill with a full bucket of dirt.

I plan on putting up a 30ft x 60ft barn/shed where the fire is, with the option to extend to 70ft and covered storage on both long sides of the structure. I figure I have until November to get it done. I rented a 10ft x 30ft storage unit for the boat so I don't feel quite as stressed to get something up in record time. I'll be welding up all the trusses and using steel pipe set in the ground with the holes filled with concrete. I might add a concrete floor at a later date but it'll be gravel to start with. I'll have 10ft x 10ft and 12ft x 16ft doors on the front end wall, and a 10ft x 10ft door on the rear end wall. This is the general plan at the moment.

Talking of fires, the state of Montana has become far stricter about burning. Anything bigger than a camp fire requires a permit that is free and good for the year, and it's easy to get online. We have to activate the permit any time we want to burn, and we can only burn natural stuff such as brush, trees, grass etc. There are a lot of questions to answer in addition to agreeing to the terms of the permit with severe penalties for failure to comply including up to a $10k fine and 6 months in prison for each violation. No plywood, construction material, treated lumber, painted wood etc.

View attachment 127158
We're under a complete burn ban here. The field beside us was tilled today and there was minimal moisture when the harrows went through so i expect I'llbe looking at my brush piie until the fall.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We're under a complete burn ban here. The field beside us was tilled today and there was minimal moisture when the harrows went through so i expect I'llbe looking at my brush piie until the fall.
Cavendish planting soon?

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
That's a impressive pile. How long did it take to go through all of that?
It was around 10 hours over a couple of days. My back will only take so much. What made it easier this year is that I was strategic in how I placed the limbs on the pile. Took a little longer up front but it was worth it on the back side.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We're good to burn in the county at the moment. It was a near perfect day for burning with intermittent rain, mostly overcast, and green grass all around.

Reactions: 1 user

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
The deep winter frost here pushes up rocks into the road surface. Every spring there is a new crop. Any that will stop my grader blade or snow plow I pull out. This one only had a knub showing but felt solid. You never know what lies unseen underneath.

My M5640 and FrostBite Grapple at work.

RoadRock-1.JPG

RoadRock-2.jpg

I took a video just for fun - 5 minutes.

gg

Reactions: 14 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
It was around 10 hours over a couple of days. My back will only take so much. What made it easier this year is that I was strategic in how I placed the limbs on the pile. Took a little longer up front but it was worth it on the back side.
All the butt ends pounted one way helps, and cutting any crook or fork larger than an inch seems to be a good combination to prevent tangling and feeding problems with the WC-68. It doesn’t take long to chew up a LOT of brush. I try to make sure I cut the stumps off anything I uproot to minimize the dirt/sand going through it. If the pile has been rained on, spraying it with water to rinse off splatter helps too. If it’s really dry, same trick with the water helps keep the dust down a bit if you’re chipping dry brush, and lubricates the knives a little bit too. Dry stuff is a lot worse about shattering a throwing stuff back at you.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO

View attachment 127158
Interesting.... I burn a fair bit of micro lam, some OSB, and sometimes I joist scraps in my shop wood boiler here in Idaho, being in construction and tripping over the stuff daily, I sometimes haul some home. My home made boiler burns clean, and my neighbors are far away, 1/4 mile anyway, no pressure treated stuff ever. When I first started seeing the "manufactured" wood, OSB etc., some decades ago, I was assured by a Boise Cascade tech rep, that it burns "clean" and would present no particular hazard, other than the usual hazards with burning anything. I haven't paid a heating bill in over 40 years, between wood and solar thermal/hot water panels, so I pay attention to comments like yours, ESPECIALLY as you are in Montana, not in some back east city!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Interesting.... I burn a fair bit of micro lam, some OSB, and sometimes I joist scraps in my shop wood boiler here in Idaho, being in construction and tripping over the stuff daily, I sometimes haul some home. My home made boiler burns clean, and my neighbors are far away, 1/4 mile anyway, no pressure treated stuff ever. When I first started seeing the "manufactured" wood, OSB etc., some decades ago, I was assured by a Boise Cascade tech rep, that it burns "clean" and would present no particular hazard, other than the usual hazards with burning anything. I haven't paid a heating bill in over 40 years, between wood and solar thermal/hot water panels, so I pay attention to comments like yours, ESPECIALLY as you are in Montana, not in some back east city!
Wood burning stoves, boilers and fireplaces aren't regulated here as far as I know. There is a definition of a camp fire which is something like a fire of less than 3ft diameter, less than 3ft high and with wood that has a cross-section of 4" or less ... or something like that. Camp fires don't need permits but they are subject to burn bans.

The burn permit points to the Montana Department of Environmental Quality’s air quality
regulations found at ARM 17.8.604 which lists numerous prohibited materials.

Here's a screenshot of my permit with the # redacted. #1 specifically states "natural vegetation" only. I'm surprised that paper products and cardboard are on the list of prohibited materials, but I suppose they can be treated with fire-retardant chemicals.

permit.jpg

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
It will take some getting used to but after 4 passes with the scarifiers down and 4 more with just the plane, it’s looking pretty good. I have 45 min at this point and probably another 20 to go. This GS1572 is all my B32 can handle. Need to get a bucket of stone to help get some down pressure on the front. Overall looks m pleased with the land plane IMG_2199.jpeg IMG_2198.jpeg IMG_2197.jpeg IMG_2196.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I started dragging out and chipping the pines I cut down last year and dumped at the edge of the woods. I only got to do 3 of them even tho they are all not very big - between 30-40 feet. Anything over 4" I cut up and brought over to my neighbor. I don't burn wood but he does. While I was at it I cleaned out the swale where I am going to put pipe / stone to remove the water from the surface / mud.
On the town map there is a tributary for a river that starts right there. It is muddy in the spring but dries up by May. The dogs go right through there to rummage around in the woods. My wife doesn't appreciate the amount of mud they bring back - I'm the one that has to hose off their paws.
There was one potato that had to be moved. I wasn't sure how big it was but the fel popped it right out and pushed it back a few feet.

dragging out pines 20240426_164018.jpg

future drainage area
future drain line 20240426_172314.jpg

and the potato, about 3' tall - it was right where the Orangeburg is going
rock 20240428_104217.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I started dragging out and chipping the pines I cut down last year and dumped at the edge of the woods. I only got to do 3 of them even tho they are all not very big - between 30-40 feet. Anything over 4" I cut up and brought over to my neighbor. I don't burn wood but he does. While I was at it I cleaned out the swale where I am going to put pipe / stone to remove the water from the surface / mud.
On the town map there is a tributary for a river that starts right there. It is muddy in the spring but dries up by May. The dogs go right through there to rummage around in the woods. My wife doesn't appreciate the amount of mud they bring back - I'm the one that has to hose off their paws.
There was one potato that had to be moved. I wasn't sure how big it was but the fel popped it right out and pushed it back a few feet.

View attachment 127226

future drainage area
View attachment 127228

and the potato, about 3' tall - it was right where the Orangeburg is going
View attachment 127229
The tributary showing on a map reminded me of a situation I had ancillary involvement in a few years ago. Land owner contracted with a grading company to flatten out about 5 acres that was shaped like a bowl with one end open so he could put up a commercial building and parking lot. It was visible from a public road. They were about done when a NC DEQ inspector happened to drive by and thought he recalled the area being on their maps as an intermittent waterway. He checked their records, saw he was correct, and things went bad really quickly for the landowner and contractor as neither had checked the maps so no permits to disturb a waterway that was, according to government maps, part of a major river’s watershed. They had to return the land to original grade, grass to prevent erosion, $10K/day until complete, $100K one time fine on top of the $10K/day. After all that was done ($400K in fines later) DEQ issued a permit to flatten the land for the land owner’s intended use.

I was involved in the back end because of the dispute between the contractor and land owner regarding who was responsible for what portion of the fines and how much, if any, the land owner was paying over the original contract price for the additional grading. Fines were issued in name of land owner but indemnity language in the grading contract was favorable to the land owner shifting liability to the contractor. I was on the land owner side. Land owner paid $100K in total on top of original contracted price, Contractor paid the rest of the fine and whatever the additional grading cost was a loss for them. Interesting case…

Laws here on intermittent waterways vary even from one watershed to another. (Deep/Cape Fear rules aren’t exactly the same as Yadkin/Pee Dee, etc.) It was an interesting case due to the specificity of regulations and the fine print of the contract, which neither party considered when it was first executed. I suspect laws are quite different where you are.

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Finished up with the pulverizer. I have two piles of grass/soil to move. I'll drag the chain harrows over it this week and hopefully get some grass seed on it if what it warms up.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
The tributary showing on a map reminded me of a situation I had ancillary involvement in a few years ago. Land owner contracted with a grading company to flatten out about 5 acres that was shaped like a bowl with one end open so he could put up a commercial building and parking lot. It was visible from a public road. They were about done when a NC DEQ inspector happened to drive by and thought he recalled the area being on their maps as an intermittent waterway. He checked their records, saw he was correct, and things went bad really quickly for the landowner and contractor as neither had checked the maps so no permits to disturb a waterway that was, according to government maps, part of a major river’s watershed. They had to return the land to original grade, grass to prevent erosion, $10K/day until complete, $100K one time fine on top of the $10K/day. After all that was done ($400K in fines later) DEQ issued a permit to flatten the land for the land owner’s intended use.

I was involved in the back end because of the dispute between the contractor and land owner regarding who was responsible for what portion of the fines and how much, if any, the land owner was paying over the original contract price for the additional grading. Fines were issued in name of land owner but indemnity language in the grading contract was favorable to the land owner shifting liability to the contractor. I was on the land owner side. Land owner paid $100K in total on top of original contracted price, Contractor paid the rest of the fine and whatever the additional grading cost was a loss for them. Interesting case…

Laws here on intermittent waterways vary even from one watershed to another. (Deep/Cape Fear rules aren’t exactly the same as Yadkin/Pee Dee, etc.) It was an interesting case due to the specificity of regulations and the fine print of the contract, which neither party considered when it was first executed. I suspect laws are quite different where you are.
I have a stream thru my property, and I know the county states a minimum of 100' away for any structure. So, I call my 8' square deck I built directly over the stream, a foot bridge!

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Hopped on the B1700 and mowed for a couple hours. Rain the next three days so might as well get it while I’m not air boating. After 4 hrs of tractor time the back feels great. Bring on the summer !