What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
All I did was go pick mine up from the dealer. No time to play with it yet but that will come in time. Now I have to order some hooks from Ken, then paint and install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow, that is beautiful. Seeing a new tractor pull into your driveway is almost better than sex. Enjoy my friend.

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Redid some of my pistol range

I still have some more stuff to do and put the steel plates back, but its almost done till spring. Need to replant some grass.

crmorse

Equipment
'20 RTV-XG850, '16 L47 TLB, '06 JCB 506CHL, '99 JD 455G, 1953 Ford 8N
Nov 28, 2016
Anniston, AL
A neighbor had a big Hickory tree come down. Since he’s gotten older I asked if he’d like me to clean it up for him. He was delighted! And since it gave me an excuse to try out my new chainsaw and tractor I was too.

It took me about 4 hours to cut all the limbs and pile them up and another hour or so to section the logs. But only all of about 20 minutes to move all the limbs to his brush pile using the root grapple bucket! That thing is SO MUCH FUN! It's crazy how it can smush down a pile, clamp it, and haul off a load in mere seconds that would take an hour by hand.

I've only got about 12 hours on my L47 so far and I had been concerned about how it seemed like something was wrong with the hydraulic pressure because both the backhoe and loader seemed weak. I'll worry no longer because it picked up that big trunk like it was nothing and the online calculators estimate it could weight up to ~2500 lbs!

I'm sure my trailer was overloaded but luckily he's just 1/2mi down the road and we went really slow. I'll have my work cut out for me blocking and splitting this wood. I'm hoping to use the biggest trunk pieces as saw logs and maybe cut some countertop slabs out of it or something like that.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A neighbor had a big Hickory tree come down.
Morse - that butt log is a load....up here in the north, some hickory species are some of the hardest and heaviest of the north American hardwoods.

Hickory is BY FAR the hardest commercial dimensional lumber you can buy - something like 30 or 50% harder than sugar maple.

Really wanted to put a hickory floor in our kitchen several years ago - didn't, but should have.....

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Finished plowing today and put my Bota back in the shop and noticed a nut and washer laying on the floor board. I checked under the seat and sure enough that's where it came from. I put it back on and double nutted it. That should fix that problem.:)

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Morse - that butt log is a load....up here in the north, some hickory species are some of the hardest and heaviest of the north American hardwoods.

Hickory is BY FAR the hardest commercial dimensional lumber you can buy - something like 30 or 50% harder than sugar maple.

Really wanted to put a hickory floor in our kitchen several years ago - didn't, but should have.....
Yeah, I would venture to guess that trailer is way beyond capacity. I'm not saying I haven't done it myself, but be careful with that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
All I did was go pick mine up from the dealer. No time to play with it yet but that will come in time. Now I have to order some hooks from Ken, then paint and install them.

Congrats on the tractor! What size trailer is that?

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Nice setup Matt!
I got to do a couple hours of snow removal yesterday. Plow and blew 3 driveways then used the bucket to move the snow banks left by the town plow. The driver pushed it into the wrong area. 60 inch bucket works great compared to my old 48 inch one.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
How many miles do you have on the bfg mud terrains? And how do ya like them?

I have a little over 40k on them and probably another 10k before I replace them. I could most likely get another 15-20k on them but I don't like to take any chances towing my 5th wheel camper (and now tractor) on too worn of a tire. I have no complaints with them so far and probably will replace them with the same tire. I do rotate them every 5k miles so I think that helps a lot. They are a tad noisier now than when new but not overly bad.

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
I removed the steering cylinder on my BX1800 and replaced all the seals due to leakage. Turns out it is the bad original design and I should have just replaced the entire assembly with the 4th upgraded designed cylinder. It's amazing they thought a single o-ring would hold up to hydraulic pressure during use especially since it's so loose in the groove that it rolls around. If it leaks again I will definitely replace the cylinder to the newest design.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Replaced my HST fan on my BX25. Second time. Did it the first time last December too.

Brotek skid plates helped...but I added 3" spacers...now I need a skid plate on the inside of the wheel wheels.

Lots of pokey sticks around here...

-Mac

Attachments

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Moved what seamed to be about a million metric tons of snow. Somewhere in the middle of plowing and stacking snow I developed a right front flat :mad: I am grateful for an impact wrench and Les Schwab Tires ;)

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
Not necessarily today, but over the last couple weeks as the strange Midwestern weather allows :rolleyes:
-Changed engine oil and filter (Amsoil 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine oil, Amsoil filter)
-Verified valve gaps were good
-Changed hydraulic fluid, filter and cleaned return screens (Kubota SUDT2, Kubota Genuine Filter) (No more slow drifting down of 3PH while shut off!)
-Drained coolant, flushed block and radiator, refilled with 30/70 mixture Peak Concentrate
-Greased all grease points, (Amsoil NLGI#2 General Purpose Grease)
-Installed all new clevis pins throughout
-Sharpened blades on MMM (probably only get one more season out of them)
-Cleaned MMM and coated underside with Graphite Dry Lube.
-Greased MMM (Amsoil NLGI#2 General Purpose Grease)

I think that's all of it. Wrote the date and hours on the applicable filters as well to help keep track of it. Also, fixed broken wire and replaced blown fuse for hour meter. All in all, I think I'm ready for the cutting season. Now to get through this really odd winter... or is it spring? The joys of living in Indiana I guess. :cool:

MGMcCoy

Equipment
Kubota MX5000, Kubota ZD331, front loader, bucket, forks, grapple, log splitter
Jan 27, 2017
Waelder, TX US
Split a cord of firewood, took off the hood to beat out an old dent, repainted hood, ordered new decals, put on forks and loaded Coyote Rack on truck for tonight

n3ckf

Equipment
B2601 w/FEL + BH
Jun 5, 2016
Volcano, CA
3 hours of moving snow with the loader...

(video here)

This was the very first time i'd used the loader with snow and it was kinda heavy and wet so i was learning how to do it. (esp on gravel, this is fairly challenging).