What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Finished up putting a new belt on my finish mower and servicing it. Hooked up and cut the yard.

Time to get the bush hog serviced and ready for a long weekend at the deer camp.

I must say I love spending time on my L3301.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I admired my BX through the windows in my house, all weekend long.

WAY too hot and humid to do anything.
At least you can see you Kubota from your window, mine is down in the shed and I watched it rain over 5" of rain this weekend. Didn't get any of the dirt work I was wanted to do done.

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
I trailered my BX24D to a cousin's place with the loader and backhoe on, he had some septic disposal bed problems, dug u to his tank,(after he had it pumped) dug new set of trenches and laid drainage gravel for him to lay his new pipe, then covered all back over when finished. -Spread some fine 1/4"minus in his driveway, then mowed his laneway edge in 2 ft. since it had begun creeping over into the roadway.
I then took the little K-Toy into my work, and installed a decent cutting edge onto the bucket, fearful it would eventually bend or in the least, wear from back dragging and clearing snow on the paved driveway. A 10ft. carbon steel cutting edge from a grader with 4" width still left on it worked superb, I just centered the edge where it had worn most uniformly, cut it off with the Chop Saw, clamped it in place, marked the holes from the underside, drilled the bucket , bolted it with the special tapered bolts.
I also expanded a couple of Mumsie's shrub gardens around some maple trees so I do not need to mow so close to them anymore, used the backhoe to dig out the sod, probably 30 ft X 3 ft. she put in all kinds of Hostas and other shrubs, mulched it all. The sod was put into my homebuilt hyd. dump trailer, and taken back to a friend's back yard where he's filling over some swampy terrain.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Used my backhoe to dig around a pine tree then pushed it down with the FEL

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Not necessarily today but lately, I have added some finishing touches to the Ol' L1500.

Finished up my auxiliary gauge install

Added a cup holder

Rear reflectors

Front grill badge

And a new seat

Still need warning decals,
waiting on a possible lead on Japanese ones before I buy the US equivalents.

Attachments

Last edited:

NeilP

Sep 9, 2015
Spearfish SD, USA
Today I got most of the 300 hr. service done on my little BX2360.
Engine oil & filter changed, air filter changed, two new fuel filters,
topped off the water in the battery and lubed everything on the
mower deck. Waiting on UPS to deliver the 5 gallon bucket of Kubota hydraulic/transmission
fluid before I start on the rear differential
& front axle.

Question for you that have a similar tractor. School me on the "strainer"
that is to be cleaned. It appears you just remove the retaining bolt & then gently pry it out?
Is there an "O" ring that seals it and if so will I need a
new one, or is it reusable?

I wish there was a way to purge the old hydraulic fluid out of the loader cylinders before I reattach
it & mix all the old fluid in with the new stuff. :(

Rezzey

Equipment
B1600dt
Oct 11, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Takes a while doesnt it Niel! If the strainer is in the side with a metal pipe going though to it its a piece of cake. Two orings one on either side of the pipe. Mine were in good nick and i just cleaned out the strainer and wacked it back in no worries. However i will next time dump at least half the fluid out through this point first before the opening the sump as the crud is on the outside of the filter and kinda falls back into the case, leaving nothing to rinse it out, unless you dump a few good liters to flush. Spewing about the loader lines and cylinders as well, my oil was way over due from PO so it yuked it up straight away. Think ill redo the whole fluid again next month

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
Built me some 3 point hitch lower arm spreaders. They works awesome, so much easier to work with than the standard turnbuckle.

Attachments

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Not necessarily today but lately, I have added some finishing touches to the Ol' L1500.

Finished up my auxiliary gauge install

Added a cup holder

Rear reflectors

Front grill badge

And a new seat

Still need warning decals,
waiting on a possible lead on Japanese ones before I buy the US equivalents.
Can you tell me more about your sources and installation/fab techniques for the gauges? I'd really like some more visibility into the running of my L185DT, since all I have is tach, oil light, confusing charge light, and my ears to tell me if things are going well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Can you tell me more about your sources and installation/fab techniques for the gauges?
I'd really like some more visibility into the running of my L185DT,
since all I have is tach, oil light, confusing charge light, and my ears to tell me if things are going well.
There are about 50 photos here.....
https://www.facebook.com/thekubotaproject/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1763010127301127
detailing the process I went through.

I got the oil pressure adapter from E-Bay.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131381172959?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And I had the bulkhead adapter in the shop that I put in the upper radiator hose,
but also available on E-Bay.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Bulkhead-Fitting-1-4-Female-NPT-x-3-4-Dia-x-1-5-long-1-1-2-long-/281499881154?hash=item418ab34ec2:g:iFgAAOSw8d9U2L3Y

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

NeilP

Sep 9, 2015
Spearfish SD, USA
Takes a while doesnt it Niel! If the strainer is in the side with a metal pipe going though to it its a piece of cake. Two orings one on either side of the pipe. Mine were in good nick and i just cleaned out the strainer and wacked it back in no worries. However i will next time dump at least half the fluid out through this point first before the opening the sump as the crud is on the outside of the filter and kinda falls back into the case, leaving nothing to rinse it out, unless you dump a few good liters to flush. Spewing about the loader lines and cylinders as well, my oil was way over due from PO so it yuked it up straight away. Think ill redo the whole fluid again next month

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information. The strainer is in the lower left side
as you mentioned. Good idea regarding draining some fluid
out of the strainer opening before opening the lower drain plug.

I assume you can remove the strainer without removing the tire?

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Impressive...no small job there....I just put in a drive around road yesterday and battled many stumps and know how much trouble and work they can be, congrats.
This is actually my second tree this week . love my kubotas

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk