What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
On my G5200 I recently acquired:

*) Changed oil
*) Greased every fitting I could find.
*) Put tubes in the front tires. (they would go flat by next morning)
*) Replace glow-indicator coil. (old one was totally melted inside)
*) Adjust mower-deck lifter turnbuckles so it actually LIFTS.

*) Mowed several times
*) Pulled a tree-stump

Still have about 1/3 tank of fuel in 2 gallon tank.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Loaded the downed tree from wednesdays storm and hauled it to brush pile. Still have to tour the treeline and clean up a couple more that utility company pulled off the wires.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got ready to mow this afternoon. Had a bent blade on the finish mower. Pulled mower up by garage and pulled blades. Straightened blade, then mother nature opened up with a gully washer :rolleyes: Had two inches of rain in the past hour. Guess I'm mowing tomorrow instead :rolleyes:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I graded my driveway again, this is the third time in a month. We have been having heavy rains and the ditch fills with sticks and leaves causing the water to run down the driveway. At least it was only 800' this time.

Also used the tractor to haul some wood I cut from a big limb that came out of an Oak tree on one of our trails though the woods. Will have to hook the chipper up and chip the smaller limbs.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
After the grey water workout yesterday we went up to the land with the excavator and my tractor with the york. We made four trails between us and it's just another improvement to the property. I'm tired, but it was a fun filled weekend. I know Jeff is tired he has to go back to work tomorrow digging holes and pouring DOT light bases. GO ORANGE!!!

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Did some bush hogging today, I think it was just a bit overdue!

The blackberry patches were horrendous, knew I shoulda been wearing jeans:(

This was my first time using my BH that I got with my tractor, so yesterday I had to get the PTO shaft cut to length, verified everything was lubbed up and ready to go.

Attachments

gapit1

Aug 4, 2016
Vancouver WA
Just bought a older zl1501dt, trying to figure it out. What is the decompression lever do?
My cable is in place, but the lever in the top of the motor is froze solid. Will have to get some penetrating oil on it and work it free.
Gary

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just bought a older zl1501dt, trying to figure it out. What is the decompression lever do?
My cable is in place, but the lever in the top of the motor is froze solid. Will have to get some penetrating oil on it and work it free.
Gary
The decompression lever is used in colder weather to help get it started. Preheat glow plugs for around 30 seconds in cold weather, pull the lever out, start cranking over engine, push lever back in to engage compression to start tractor.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Got back from the GWN late saturday mowed Sunday and some how busted out the brake light,, now I have to get a new one,,,, dayum I hate when that happens

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Rebuilt the FEL pistons on the L35. They were the last 2 left that haven't been done on my TLB. Should be good for another 18 years!

oldrockfan

Equipment
L185DT, 5' brush hog, 5' box blade plus front blade
Jul 3, 2015
fort worth, Texas
Rebuilt the FEL pistons on the L35. They were the last 2 left that haven't been done on my TLB. Should be good for another 18 years!
I've got a leaking seal on the hydraulics for my front blade... I was thinking about just pulling it and taking it to get seals replaced but wondering how hard of a job is it doing it yourself? I've done seals in motorcycle forks but never on a tractor.

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Finished welding my bonnet just got to filler it smooth..... Also started work on a mount for the 5ft Brush to fit on the back on my 3pt hitch. Pics will follow in the fabrication section at some point...wish they had done welding when I was at school.... Though am enjoying learning it now by trial and error.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Yesterday I used my L185DT to pull-start a Ford N-series tractor from the late thirties/early forties. It was a hard slog for my 2 cylinder diesel to pull that 4 cylinder gas engine, but we got it running! I did blow a bit of coolant out of the overflow tube, so I'll need to check that before I work it hard again.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Fender5803

Equipment
L3901 LA525 BH77; LP 1860 rotory cutter; LP 1060 grapple; forks & bucket
Aug 9, 2015
Henniker, NH
Ripped out Bittersweet from some of the apple trees and scraped the Japanese Knotweed out of part of the upper field ....

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Severe thunderstorm coming, had to drag gazebo back into safe storage. I just put wheels under it. Two at very back and two casters under front. Use trailer jacks like parking brakes to keep it solid. Drop rope over ball and drive away. Worked great.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sharpened the blades and installed them back on the finish mower. Then dropped the deck down to where I could see worm booties :D Had a couple spots where the grass gets unruly :rolleyes: Those spots I had to drop the tractor from 5th down to 3rd to actually be able to mow it. Then had to go over it a couple more times in those spots to knock it into submission :D

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I've got a leaking seal on the hydraulics for my front blade... I was thinking about just pulling it and taking it to get seals replaced but wondering how hard of a job is it doing it yourself? I've done seals in motorcycle forks but never on a tractor.
I get the seal kits online from one of the usual vendors, I've got it down to being a 1 beer job. Just pay attention to the order the seals go and it's straightforward. Need a pick set, something to pull the piston end off, I use a pipe wrench, some rags and a worm drive clamp to put the inner piston seal back to its normal size after sliding it into place.

Widefat

Equipment
L3200
Oct 31, 2015
Virgina
Lets see....In the few couple of days, mowed a few acres with the finish mower; pushed some downed trees away from the driveway edge; lifted a 3 bottom plow and disc onto my trailer; dug a 1000' trench with my subsoiler; had to lift my trailer tongue up to place a block under it so I could hitch up my truck; and the best part, sat on my tractor in the shade while taking a rest.

oldrockfan

Equipment
L185DT, 5' brush hog, 5' box blade plus front blade
Jul 3, 2015
fort worth, Texas
I get the seal kits online from one of the usual vendors, I've got it down to being a 1 beer job. Just pay attention to the order the seals go and it's straightforward. Need a pick set, something to pull the piston end off, I use a pipe wrench, some rags and a worm drive clamp to put the inner piston seal back to its normal size after sliding it into place.
I have everything but a worm drive clamp. Going to do some research and maybe try it myself and see if I can get it done. Would be nice to save the money and learn a new skill at the same time.

Oh and to say what I did today... worked out at our country place to clean up around the little pond we dug with our tractor. Nothing too drastic... just dig out some silt and work on smoothing areas of the dam that were showing signs of erosion.

Last edited:

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
I tested the hydraulics, cooling system, and transmission while pushing and pulling piles of sand footing around our riding arena.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk