What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Congrarulations :D:D you stole that land!!!! :D field at the beginning of my street just went up for sale. Land owner subdivided it into 3 and 5 acre lots. Was really interested in buying a couple till he said he wanted $10,000 an acre :eek::eek: Told him he bumped his head and left :rolleyes:
My home is so small and old it had a value of zero. (Now.. LOL... it helps that I don't keep it "looking" pretty so to keep my yearly property Taxes low) The land house sits on is one acre. Still cost me 35 grand. 1/2 acre lot across from me is listed as 30 grand. House on it burned down decades ago it's all nice grass now. Granted this is in the Burbs cept my house is hidden on a private lane* which hides about 3 acres outlined with buffer of trees and brush. Totally hidden between city neighborhood on all 4 sides

*why needed tractor. It does not get snow plowed.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My home is so small and old it had a value of zero. (Now.. LOL... it helps that I don't keep it "looking" pretty so to keep my yearly property Taxes low) The land house sits on is one acre. Still cost me 35 grand. 1/2 acre lot across from me is listed as 30 grand. House on it burned down decades ago it's all nice grass now. Granted this is in the Burbs cept my house is hidden on a private lane* which hides about 3 acres outlined with buffer of trees and brush. Totally hidden between city neighborhood on all 4 sides

*why needed tractor. It does not get snow plowed.
I'm about 35 miles due north of little rock. What used to be country is starting to sprout subdivisions, so the property values are starting to skyrocket. Especially if your on acreage. Just got 2 acres, but getting getting anti social in my old age. :rolleyes: Been looking for 5 acres to put a small modular home on and a shop. And sell the house we are in.

2,000 Sq ft is too big since the kids are grown. Taxes aren't bad here. Bought the place for $125k. We have a punch list inside which consists of painting two bedrooms, replacing and painting one soffit board outside that has some rot. And replace the deck boards on the back patio. House appraised for $150k before the remodel.

Hopefully we will have enough equity to pay cash for a piece of land, and a hefty down payment on the 2 bedroom modular home we like once the house sells. :D Just haven't figured out where we are gonna buy though.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Great deal RCW, it is nice to hear that some people are still willing to deal like that. That makes great neighbors.
I know property is much more expensive in other places. This is a fair deal for both of us!!:)

Truthfully, acreage in the sticks here is $2k/acre +/-. This was potentially a building lot, and I'm glad the farmer saw it for what it really was - a couple acres of woods. Like BAP says - good deal between a couple of 25 year neighbors!:)

My county is 900 square miles with 50,000 people. Pretty sparse, except for some great little villages of 1,500 people, and many dairy farms and A LOT of woods.

And this is the most populated place I ever lived!!

We thought we would have the opportunity to have natural gas drilling/extraction a few years ago, and prices went to $5k or so. My Governor, Lord Vader, put an end to that.:mad:

Last edited:

Fender5803

Equipment
L3901 LA525 BH77; LP 1860 rotory cutter; LP 1060 grapple; forks & bucket
Aug 9, 2015
Henniker, NH
Today I dug out rocks and moved them. Hoping I can drag the bigger ones out to the pond berm we are starting ....
Best,
-DT

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Filled almost 70 holes in after a marathon stump grinding session.

Wife asked if I was gonna use this :rolleyes:

Nope, used the bota and back blade. Took about an hour.

Started with this

And finished with this :D

Course, I missed one piece of a stump where the burn barrel is. Figured I better mark it before I forgot about it and caught it with the mower deck :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I mowed! Gotten so I have a route of lawns to do, but that's okay.

Did my place and vacant place across the road - that's part of the deal with buying the woodlot.

Neighbor, who's tractor is broke, came by walking his dog. Tractor not fixed yet, so that's tomorrow.

We got quite a bit of rain over the weekend - FINALLY!

We didn't get terrible dry here - but some places nearby are.

Still been mowing once a week.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nice job Daren - looks good!:D
Thanks buddy :D Now I need to get a hold of a set of discs and a pulverizer for early September to chew up the back yard, get it nice and smooth, and then seed it :D

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Been working on some auxiliary gauges, I have seen a few installs here.
I wanted to have some gauges, but no holes in my sheet metal. :p

It took some doing but I came up with a plan and made a cardboard mock-up;
Gauge Placement.jpg

That cardboard mock-up, became the pattern;
Mockup and Pattern.jpg

Got some heavy gauge (15ga / .057") sheet metal and transferred the pattern to it and cut it out;
Pattern Traced and Cut-out.jpg

"Folded" it all up, welded it and sanded it to look nice;
Bent into shape and Weded and sanded.jpg

Punched the gauge mounting holes and did a test fit;
Holes punched and Test fit.jpg

A little Kubota Blue to match or Orange, not sure what would look better? :confused: Opinions ?????
and the gauge hook-up and we're done

I still need to make the first half of the mount, which will be sandwiched between
the fuel tank and the dash panel, so if I need to remove I will not have to remove the tank and dash,
only once to install the first half of the mount.

Last edited:

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Changed the oil in mine today. It has 215 hrs. on it. I know the manual says every 400hrs but thats a long time between changes so I'm going every 200. Switched to Rotella Synthetic.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Brush hogged before and after pictures of some of what I did

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed lawn #3.

Also took another tour of property we a looking to buy, to see what the Kubota will have in store.

Minimum, looks like bucket and/or box blade work on driveway into it. Got that covered!:D

Might end up needing more tractor!:confused:

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RCW, maybe you could get the guy you're buying it from to mow it down one time with one of him machines.
Cat - Great idea, but I walked it again tonight, and the BX will do okay with it. The way you eat an elephant is one bite at a time.;)

The farmer I'm buying from just bought it through foreclosure a week ago.

For 40 years, he wanted the corn ground down-slope toward the river, and across the road from this site. It bisected his 100 acre field and he leased this part separately - real PITA.:(

I think most of his machinery is too big to get into the driveway!:eek:

Pending the planning board approval - it will be split into 3 pieces. Corn field, house and acreage in the middle, and woodlot over on my side.

Let's just hope the planning board doesn't screw it up!:(

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I gave the mower deck a well-deserved greasing!!

With the Lock-n-Lube and pneumatic grease gun, done in a jiffy!!:cool:

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Not my Kubota, but my son brought the small excavator and a dump truck of #2 stone home and a neighbor and I helped him rebuild his antiquated grey water system. Good thing there was a good breeze today it was pretty ripe. We excavated around two sides with the 1 foot bucket then took a layer of rotten block off and laid two layers of new block then put fabric all around and put the two layers of 2x6's on that makes the lid. Backfilled with stone up to the lid then backfilled with clean soil to grade.

Man these Kubota excavators are sweet to operate - quiet too. Tomorrow he's taking it 1/4 miles up the road to the land to scoop out briars and I'll take my tractor with the York and we're going to groom trails for his wife's horse and dig for an outhouse. That'll be fun - we work well together as a team and really get into it. We don't have to go far for venison now either :D

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Added a cup holder....

Ordered a "No Spill" drink holder from Cabelas,
designed for boats swivels in two directions;
1 No-spill boat cup holder from Cabelas.jpg

Made a bracket to attach to the FEL Controller;
3 Bracket for mounting to loader controller.jpg

Bolted it all up;
4 Mounted to loader controller.jpg 5 Mounted to loader controller.jpg

OBKubota