ZG222 Problem

TonyB

Apr 23, 2017
Independence, LA
Engine acted like it was running out gas while I was cutting lawn. Started up and ran for a few seconds, then cut off. Checked and changed air filters and in-line filters. Filters are full of gas, still won't start. Clicking noise in the fuse compartment. Any help would be appreciated.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Check your safety switches. Seat, parking brake, arms, ect...... sounds like one of them is out of adjustment.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Cranks over good but won't kick off, or won't turn over at all? My first thought was fuel pump but the fuel pumps on these work kind of odd. Depending on the serial number and actual model, they work off of either a spark pulse to "turn on" the fuel pump, or the oil pressure switch. So if you're not getting fuel from the pump to the carb, check the oil pressure switch wire first. Beyond that it gets kind of complicated.

Have also seen a few fuel pumps die, mostly the older 222/227's.

TonyB

Apr 23, 2017
Independence, LA
Lug Bolt - the mower will not turn over at all. If it was the fuel pump the mower should at least crank - my thought. Which tends to make me think of safety switch or bad fuse. While the mower was running the fuel guage was moving from Empty to Full. Very erratic. What are your thoughts.

wpschuler

Equipment
Zg222
Jul 25, 2020
Savannah, Ga
I've got a zg222 with 21 hrs on it. shut it off to clean it up and went to start. hear clicking noise, fuel gage moving up and down but it's full. Check battery voltage and battery connections everything is good 12.8 v. it is not a switch issue. Almost acting like a ground issue but the grounds are tight.