Zero Turn.... Help!!!

Chinook3

Equipment
BX2380,FEL344S,LP forks,BX2816snowb50,mmm60, log arch, Wicked 55 grapple
Nov 13, 2020
Michigan
Looked at the Bad Boy ZTR and the Toro at Tractor Supply. I got the Toro. Had a longer warranty and and better track record. Works very well and fast.

Chinook3

Morley

Equipment
LX2610, LA535 loader, Kodiak 5" Rotary Mower,
Apr 22, 2021
Alberta, Canada
After mowing my 'front/back yard' with my finish mower for the last two years I have come to the realization that I need to change things up. We have 10 acres and about +/- 1 acre of the would be considered yard. I have a bush hog for the 9 acres and a Bush Hog (brand) finish mower for the 1 acre. The problem is my tractor is just too big and heavy to mow around the house, not to mention if the ground is slightly wet the tires tear everything up. I spend too much time backing in to cut and circling back to get that strip or this strip and trying not to knock the house down with the bucket.

So, I have been looking for a zero turn and like everything else there is information/choice overload. I think (depending on what I hear here) I have it narrowed down to an Exmark, Toto, Deere or Cub Cadet in the 42-50 inch range. Trying to stay under $4,000.00. Id appreciate any advice/observations (good and bad) you have with any of these machines, or machines I have not considered.
This is likely over the top considering your budget but.........I have 10 acres, over the years half has become mowed lawn (around the house and shop etc.). I also have (a LOT) of large trees, spruce, pine, elm, poplar which I need to mow under or else use a push mower to trim. I had a mmm with a B2150 Kubota tractor but it was a pain in the butt and couldn't get under the trees, so I held my breath (price) and bought a Woods mow'n machine with a front deck (to get under the trees) and a mulch kit so I never pick up my cut grass. I've had it 10 years and no problems, about 500 hrs. on it. You can mow at a high speed in clear areas. I also have a 60" Kodiak rotary mower behind my new Kubota LX2610 to cut the rest of the acreage. Okay, so I could get rid of some lawn, but with the Woods mower I actually enjoy mowing most days. The initial price is scary, it's a commercial mower, but not a problem in 10 yrs. It is a hydraulic driven machine, with levers which you will eventually appreciate. I wish I had bought it several year earlier.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This is likely over the top considering your budget but.........I have 10 acres, over the years half has become mowed lawn (around the house and shop etc.). I also have (a LOT) of large trees, spruce, pine, elm, poplar which I need to mow under or else use a push mower to trim. I had a mmm with a B2150 Kubota tractor but it was a pain in the butt and couldn't get under the trees, so I held my breath (price) and bought a Woods mow'n machine with a front deck (to get under the trees) and a mulch kit so I never pick up my cut grass. I've had it 10 years and no problems, about 500 hrs. on it. You can mow at a high speed in clear areas. I also have a 60" Kodiak rotary mower behind my new Kubota LX2610 to cut the rest of the acreage. Okay, so I could get rid of some lawn, but with the Woods mower I actually enjoy mowing most days. The initial price is scary, it's a commercial mower, but not a problem in 10 yrs. It is a hydraulic driven machine, with levers which you will eventually appreciate. I wish I had bought it several year earlier.
I think your Woods zero turn is built by Grasshopper! Excellent machines.