Zd331 Mower deck surging

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Had the gearbox on thew mower deck leak out and take a crap end of last season.

Put on a brand new gearbox this season, two cuts so far on it. But I have been noticing the mower deck or engine surges slightly when the pto is engaged and the blades are spinning.

So such surging without the pto on. So i assume it's something with the deck. The rpms don't seem to really dip on the engine, but I can definitely hear a surge, how can I explain it a slight rwooar rwooar rwoooar as I cut. I don't seem to lose power or anything but I wanna catch whatever is happening before it breaks down on me.

New gear box has the proper fluid and it spun freely before I put it on.

What should I be looking at?

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I'm not familiar with your model, but does it have a driveshaft? If you lost the gearbox mid use, perhaps something was tweaked.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Have you checked your mower belt? Sometimes they delaminate and you will hear weird sounds.

Another thing to check is that the belt has been routed properly.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
force - -

Nice to see you back!:D

Is the machine cutting as expected? No gaps, uneven, etc.? Blades on correctly, balanced, right side up? Vibration?

I would double-check the PTO shaft also. Make sure driveline is solid/locked to ZT PTO, free back/forth movement along the splines, etc. (I admit I'm not familiar with the PTO connection with any ZT)

Second guess would be spindle, like 'Cat said.

Last edited: