Zd326

JJC754

Equipment
BX2660 ZD326S
Feb 10, 2018
Illinois
Does anyone know of any good service videos for ZD326? Recently purchased one and time for 50 hour service. Like to know how to change filters and minimize fluid loss.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Can’t recommend any videos, but my ZD326 manual specifies only the hst trans filter (below seat) gets changed at 50h. You will just loose a small amount of fluid that is in the filter.
The hydraulic filter is changed at 400h along with the fluid.
FYI, when changing the fluid add about 8 qts, then start the machine and run forward and backwards a few feet to get the fluid into the rears, then add the remaining 4-5 qts. Some people jack the rear up to spin the wheels rather than drive it slightly, but I don’t bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Be prepared to invent new words when changing the fuel filters. There are 2 of them. The "easy" way is to remove the battery, then the battery box, get 'em out of the way. The "hard" way, do it with the battery still installed. Neither is tough but Kubota seems to like to make fuel filters less than ideally accessible; except on the newer ZD-11 series, which are MUCH easier.

Getting under it to drain the engine and trans oil can be a chore. I usually lift the tractor up and put it on stands. Makes things go a lot easier.

When you're ready to do the transmission, remove all 3 drain bolts and drain the brake cases AND center case. Refill with super udt2 ONLY. I keep seeing and hearing of folks who are having hydraulic and transmission issues, and most of them cheaped out with non-SUDT2, and get to pay the price; and most of the time they repair the problem and put the junk right back in. Didn't learn?

I was at TSC the other day looking at hydrualic fluids. One bucket said "meets Kubota specification"....specification for what? The bucket? Yeah it comes in a 5 gal bucket too. The stuff is super thick, smells like aircraft fuel. I have it in my old tractor (came with it...MF 1145), and yeah, it's thick alright. Fire up the tractor on a cold day, and wait until it warms up enough to flow. Slow loader, can hear the pump pulling the engine down, etc. But Super UDT2 has never showed those issues. HST's run quieter, hydraulic systems work better, etc, cold AND hot. Depending on where you live, hot can be an issue-especially with the ZD series. We used to have to put many HST's in the old ZD21/25/28 mowers--at $1300 a pop-because of 2 reasons. Junk fluid and lack of maintenance. They ran hot. The ZD300 series addressed the biggest part of the problem but they aren't totally out of the woods. Hot climates need the fluid and filters changed more often just as dusty climates need air filters changed more often.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I changed HST fluid and filters on my 326 at 50 hours. I’m going to do it again this summer which has 350 hours now. The only issue I had was it fills slowly with fluid so take your time. Run and recheck the level several times and keep an eye on it until your sure it’s stabilized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
On the fuel filters, I leave the battery alone and disconnect the fuel input hose after I clamp it. Then the discharge fuel line. There is a bolt that holds the fuel pump/filter bracket to the frame. After that is removed it all drops out from the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Yea, I’ve done it that way also. I have since replaced the first inline filter with a large 2 micron Cat spin on filter that I mounted on the opposite side exterior frame. I would have preferred to get rid of both of the OEM filters, but the second one protects the injection pump from catastrophic lift pump failure.
I use the same 2 micron setup on the 326 and 331.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 1 user