ZD1211 Gauges

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
I upgraded from a ZG327 to a ZD1211L.

I have 14 hours on it right now so this is not long term.

The 1211 rides a lot smoother. The seat is a lot better. I like the 72" cut but it easier to scalp places.

Kubota should start over on the gauges.

It charges at 14 volts but the gauge maxes out at 13 volts. It should go to 15 volts so you can see if it is over charging.

If the engine overheats a alarm goes off. If you lose oil pressure a red light turns on. It is by your left elbow so i don't think anyone would see it on time. They should turn on the alarm.

It was low on fuel so I put 5 gallons in the left tank. The gauge must be on the right tank because it was still low. I mowed about 1 hour and the tanks leveled out part way. A week later and the low fuel light comes on for 1/2 hour then it goes back out again and the gauge goes up a bar.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Sad that the volt gauge goes to 13 volts only, Im with ya - should at least allow for 14+ volts.
Where could a "light" be if you dont have a dash in front of you ? There is nothing in front of you other than your knees - but I get what you are saying - back in the day, if an engine overheated - a whistle blew!;)

picture of your gauge? https://www.google.com/search?q=zd1...bih=750&dpr=1.25&surl=1#imgrc=pUrmsV_TE_gO0M:

As for twin tanks - doesnt one tank catch all the overflow from the pump? or are they somehow both tanks connected with a hose between them?

I would get in the habit of filling both when time to fill up - that way the gauge stays more or less accurate. :)

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
The gauge is on the left side. It does have lights. They are not in you line of sight.

There is a horn that goes off if it overheats. It should be designed to go off if you lose oil pressure.

Attachments