Z421KWT keeps cutting off

rick sheltra

Equipment
B7100 4wd diesel w/ Buhler Front end loader
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
If I hit a bump the mower turns off. I get off, lift up seat, wiggle the wire going to seat plug and like magic it works. It appears it is not an easy fix as the switch is built in to seat/. has this happened to anyone? i imagine the bump causes it to turn off however it will not restart without the process i wrote. it is a PITA as property is bumpy and it happens a lot.
thanks for any help.
Rick

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
If I hit a bump the mower turns off. I get off, lift up seat, wiggle the wire going to seat plug and like magic it works. It appears it is not an easy fix as the switch is built in to seat/. has this happened to anyone? i imagine the bump causes it to turn off however it will not restart without the process i wrote. it is a PITA as property is bumpy and it happens a lot.
thanks for any help.
Rick
There appear to be two different models: Z421KWT , Z421KWT-3.

However, both appear to have the same simple seat switch that is not built into the seat

forum ZT seat.jpg

Can you post a photo of the bottom of your seat please.

An internally broken wire where the insulation is holding the remains together can produce your symptoms.

Dave

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Hard to say without seeing it

possible failing switch
possible failing wire
possible seat problem (internal to the seat base)
possible relays issue
possible loose fuse in the block

you're either gonna have to (1) diag with volt meter, (2) start throwing parts at it or (3) let the dealer take care of it--particularly if it's got some warranty.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If you look carefully at the bottom of the seat, most of these switches can be removed easily for replacement.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
thanks for any help.
Rick
The seat safety switch is readily available separate from the seat and very simple to replace.