Z122EBR-48 Cuts off when hot

Green Bean

New member

Equipment
Z122EBR-48
May 19, 2018
2
0
0
SAINT LOUIS
This mower is cutting off when hot. If I let it cool down for 30 minutes to an hour, it fires right back up and runs for about 15 minutes, then shuts off again.
When it is dying on the initial shut off, it feels like it is loosing power for 3 or 4 seconds then seems like the ignition switch is turned off as it dies.

All fluids are good. Spark plug is new last month. Gas is new and clean.

Does anyone have experience like this that yielded a solution?

Thanks,

Green Bean
 

Green Bean

New member

Equipment
Z122EBR-48
May 19, 2018
2
0
0
SAINT LOUIS
Here is how I fixed this.
Removed the fuel lines and cleared the gunk blocking the pick-up tube and valve using solvent and air pressure.

Running great with full power.

Green Bean
 

Daren Todd

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
11,063
9,118
113
Vilonia, Arkansas
Glad you got it figured out, and thanks for posting the solution :D
 

lugbolt

Well-known member

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
5,515
2,228
113
Mid, South, USA
There's a recall on some of those. See your dealer and ask them about the Kommander confidence program, give 'em your serial number.
 

YatYas

New member
Jun 8, 2018
1
0
0
Tampa, Fl
I have the same mower. Did the same thing.

There is indeed a recall that addresses this. Good luck - mine has been in the shop for 1-1/2 months. Dealer said he has 3 more that have been waiting on the parts for over 60 days. Kubota says they have no ETA for the parts and tough luck - ask the dealer for a loaner.

Not the service I expected when I bought a Kubota.