Z122 will not start

PCarter23

May 5, 2016
Bentonville, AR, USA
I just purchased a z122 kommander with 48 inch deck and 22 horse briggs on it. I have 7 hours on it and it will not start. It will crank but not turn over. Sounds like no fuel or spark.
It is half a mile from where i can load it up so i definately do not want to push it to take in in. Any suggestions.

It did not die. I shut it off for 1 hr and came back and it will not crank.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I just purchased a z122 kommander with 48 inch deck and 22 horse briggs on it. I have 7 hours on it and it will not start. It will crank but not turn over. Sounds like no fuel or spark.
It is half a mile from where i can load it up so i definately do not want to push it to take in in. Any suggestions.

Take a set of spark plug wrenches with you - pull plug and place a bit of fuel in the hole - tighten and hit the switch, if it fires you know that fuel is the problem. It might be hard to test the spark with you trying to hold the key and look at the plug laying against a grounded part.

Does it have fuel in the tank?

Does it have a fuel filter that you can see?

Can you pull the hose off the carb ?

Does it have a typical float bowl? If so - I find that a light tap on the bowl will drop the needle from the seat. This usually happens when it has been stored for a while.

I had a mower that would not start once hot - if you cut it off you had to let it cool off.

Check fuel, bring some with you and the plug wrench. Report back with what you find out.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Pull the air cleaner and give a shot of carb cleaner, if it fires than you have to go after the fuel source. When the new engines sit for months on end then I would pull the main jet solenoid and clean it. But this not the case here since you have been running it.

I guess you purchased it new? If so then call your dealer and have them come and get it or fix it on site.

Bare in mind that service calls and or pick up and delivery ARE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY!

Pat

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
yes, please read the last sentence....

My apologies, I seen the cranking part in the first statement!

Ok, to the OP is the parking brake set? I can't remember if the deck has to be locked in the transport position, try these and make sure the handles are folded out wards and sitting in the seat and PTO switch is off.

Pat