Yet another new member looking for a rec

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I cruised CL regularly during my research. There are some "newer" units local to me but none were priced in a manner that would warrant buying used over new.

Especially after factoring in the financial aspect. Buying off CL either requires enough savings to buy outright, or the ability to take out a loan to cover the cost in which case you would then be paying interest. We can afford to front the cash to purchase, but with Kubota offering to let me use their tractor while stretching out the cost over 60 months with no additional cost above the purchase price, it just made sense in our situation. Kubota financing has no penalty for paying extra or paying the note early, so there's no downside other than having a monthly payment.

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
This is what you need. http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8805679 Add a loader and you are set. The tractors before 2015 don't have the EPA mandated hardware and are tried and true. Tough time to be buying a new one as there are a few difficulties with the new emission stuff (not to mention the price increase). I'm sure it will be worked out, but not on mine... If at all possible get new old stock. You still get the finance incentives and full warranty. It will always be "the last good one" to a lot of folks out there and in my opinion will always demand a premium price.

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
I stopped at my closest local dealer yesterday. Appears I threw my budget out the window and am contemplating an L4600... I priced out a 3301 also, and there is only a 4k difference between them. Sooooo.

I've still got 2 more dealers to check with and see what they can do.

Edit 1: Spelling.
Edit 2: I also ruled out going with the smaller B, purely on the ground clearance. I've got a small drainage ditch that runs under the drive and in through the woods (and right by my hunting stand ***9786;) that I'll need to cross when doing the trails. I don't think the B would be able to handle it without building some sort of crossing.
Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I stopped at my closest local dealer yesterday. Appears I threw my budget out the window and am contemplating an L4600... I priced out a 3301 also, and there is only a 4k difference between them. Sooooo.

I've still got 2 more dealers to check with and see what they can do.

sounds like the ol mission creep has set in .......and aint nothing broke yet!:D:)

Spoon - take your time and make the choice that fits your needs and wallet.

I will promise you one thing - no matter which model you pick - it will excite you down to your toes! And you will wonder how the sam hell you ever got anything done!:)

Let us see the new machine ......once you get it!

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
sounds like the ol mission creep has set in .......and aint nothing broke yet!:D:)

Spoon - take your time and make the choice that fits your needs and wallet.
That's one of the better parts too. Extending the payments on the 4600 for another year make the payments the same as the 3301.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Sounds like you are making an educated decision. The L4600 is what I really needed but didn't know it when I was looking for a B. Thank goodness that I at least got the L. Maybe some day.......:D

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
OK. After finally taking a look at the other comparable models and getting some basic prices, it looks like I'm going to go with an L4600. I'm still waiting on 1 more quote, but the setup looks to be:

L4600
LA764 SSQA Loader with L2236 72" Light Materials bucket
R4 Tires w/ Rim Guard
72" Woods Brushbull Rotary Cutter - BB72X (Single Spindle, slip-clutch)
84" Woods Box Blade (thinking the 84HB, since I'll be using it for driveway grading the hinged tailgate would be useful to limit the amount of dirt build up in the box)

I'd like to add rear remotes for a T&T as soon as "financially feasible" would this (rear remotes) be something I could do at a cost savings (getting everything though Fit Rite for instance) or would it make more sense just to have the dealer take care of it?

The other dealer that I'm waiting on sells Land Pride attachments, so I'm sure there will be a difference in costs, but I'll try to find something comparable.

Thoughts? Validations? Things I should try to get the dealer to throw in?

Thanks again for everyone's help up to this point.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
see if they will give you a hand on getting the T&T.

otherwise, pallet forks or a bale spear hitch could be something they might throw in or help you with if that is something you want.

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
see if they will give you a hand on getting the T&T.

otherwise, pallet forks or a bale spear hitch could be something they might throw in or help you with if that is something you want.
I've checked with them and to add 2 rear remotes, they want $1,428+tax+1hr labor. I didn't have them price out the T&T, only because I think that would be stretching my budget a bit, but maybe I could see about them rolling it in.

I got back my quote from the other dealer and... they were mistaken and don't have an L4600 available. He priced out a comparable L4701 and it's about a $3k difference (for just the tractor). But the new quote did bring something to my attention. The costs of the attachments seem quite high (from my only tractor/attachment quote). I could see if there is anything they could do about that, but with them being the only dealer with a 4600 available (that I can find) I lose my bargaining power ("Well I could go to this other guy and get it for $2k cheaper").

I like the dealer, but I don't know if I like them enough to spend an extra $1-2k on attachments over the next guy. I could just get the tractor and get the attachments someplace else, but then they wouldn't be rolled into the loan, which isn't a requirement, but something I was hoping to do.

... Sorry for the walls of text, trying to work this out, and the wife is getting overwhelmed with all the info I'm bombarding her with.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Which dealer are you working with?

I would work out deals on the attachments separate from the tractor. Kinda like when you buy a new car you work that deal before discussing your trade in. Or use it/them as bargaining chips. I always close a deal with "If you'll do ""X"" Ill sign right now." Do I always get the best possible deal? I doubt it... But everyone needs to eat.

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
Which dealer are you working with?

I would work out deals on the attachments separate from the tractor. Kinda like when you buy a new car you work that deal before discussing your trade in. Or use it/them as bargaining chips. I always close a deal with "If you'll do ""X"" Ill sign right now." Do I always get the best possible deal? I doubt it... But everyone needs to eat.
I was working with Dan at Deer Creek but it looks like that won't work out. I missed the end of year rebates so the price took a pretty decent jump and there hasn't been any help on his end. With the price increase, that's thrown the LS's I was looking at back into contention. I've actually got a line on a slightly used 40hp LS for $6k cheaper, so it's looking like I will be going that way. Hurts a bit, I was really getting excited for a 4600...

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Well that sucks.

I had a pleasant experience with Williams farm machinery in Potterville just north of Charlotte. Salesmans name is Jeff Pullum (might be Bill,my memory doesn't serve me like it used to).

Sent from a field