YES!!!...Just buy that damn thing....One more good reason to buy a back hoe......

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hahahahah....I love that back hoe.

Simply put......pound for pound .........it's the best attachment I have........I might name it "Roberto Duran"

Flat out, ........I have more fun with that thing than any other attachment.

Wife: Paul, go hang up the Pinata for the kids.

Paul: OK.

Wife after seeing hung Pinata: WTF Paul, can't we do one damn thing without involving that tractor...You have a problem.

20230625_160024.jpeg

I was adjusting the height for each kid, so grandson was promptly "scooped" up by mom for violating the "No going under the BH" rule.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Looks to me like you don’t have a problem, you have a solution!

Reactions: 2 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Looks like a good time. If you do have a problem, it’s not a bad one to have.

Reactions: 1 users

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560LE, Grapple, bucket, snow plow, forks, stump bucket
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
At least you aren’t trying to make love to it…well, you aren’t are you?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I want a BH so bad, but its not in the budget. If someone wants to give me one I'll definitely take it!

I'd have let each kid have a turn before I went after that pinata with the BH. Could have bet the grandkids all the candy that you could crack it open with just your "thumb". 🤣

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
2 weeks ago, I had to move about 5 yards of top soil into areas where the General Lee wont fit....Hmmm, what to do????

1000003268.jpeg

Ahhhhh yes, get the BH to fill the wheelbarrow.

2 scoops and the the wheelbarrow is full.

1000003266.jpeg

1000003270.jpeg

My neighbor was driving by and yelled out his car window "Hey show off, just get a shovel like the rest of the world"

Hahahahah

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
2 weeks ago, I had to move about 5 yards of top soil into areas where the General Lee wont fit....Hmmm, what to do????

View attachment 106256

View attachment 106254
View attachment 106255

My neighbor was driving by and yelled out his car window "Hey show off, just get a shovel like the rest of the world"

Hahahahah
Your neighbor was obviously green with envy!
TINTLABH....."there is no toy like a backhoe"!

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

View attachment 106256

View attachment 106254
View attachment 106255

Hahahahah
Paul - - I know we've joked about your 'hood and the HOA, etc.

I chuckle when I see some of your project pictures....you have more people on your street than my whole town has...

Well maybe not really, but close! Your environment is so foreign to me.

Within 300 yards of my house there's 6 other houses. One is a working dairy farm and grain (corn) operation with 3 large bins.

TOTAL of 12 (older) people and 90 cows. 🤷‍♂️🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

I consider that "suburban..." It really is the most populated place I've ever lived....

After 32 years I've gotten used to it.... ;)

I applaud you for your "individualism"! I mean that in all sincerity. I look forward to your "antics" and I truly mean that as a compliment! (y)

Also glad you aren’t my neighbor 20 feet from my own house…..😁😀

Last edited:

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I love this Thread!!! Thank you, OP.

There's something magical about a backhoe. BH's are awesome. I don't have one for my LX2610, but wish I did! Or rather, I'd like a Kubota M62 as a dedicated unit. Mini Excavators are much more capable, but to me they don't have the swiss army knife feeling from a conventional tractor. I'd find so much to do with it, like hanging piñatas or temporary party lights. Congratulations.

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area

There's something magical about a backhoe. BH's are awesome. I don't have one for my LX2610, but wish I did! Or rather, I'd like a Kubota M62 as a dedicated unit. Mini Excavators are much more capable, but to me they don't have the swiss army knife feeling from a conventional tractor. I'd find so much to do with it, like hanging piñatas or temporary party lights. Congratulations.
I think the primary benefit to a backhoe vs a mini excavator is the lack of maintenance. Don't get me wrong if someone wanted to give me one I'd take a mini but I don't have enough work to justify buying one. I'm not sure I'd get a tank of fuels use out of it per year.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I think the primary benefit to a backhoe vs a mini excavator is the lack of maintenance. Don't get me wrong if someone wanted to give me one I'd take a mini but I don't have enough work to justify buying one. I'm not sure I'd get a tank of fuels use out of it per year.
Who wouldn't love a mini-ex, but at 82 my L48 TLB is actually more than I need,..... and it offers the simplicity of only one machine.
With a mini-ex I would also want a loader machine.
I would only trade my 260 hour L48 TLB for an M62 TLB, ......and for the $ involved, that just ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Paul - - I know we've joked about your 'hood and the HOA, etc.

I chuckle when I see some of your project pictures....you have more people on your street than my whole town has...

Well maybe not really, but close! Your environment is so foreign to me.

Within 300 yards of my house there's 6 other houses. One is a working dairy farm and grain (corn) operation with 3 large bins.

TOTAL of 12 (older) people and 90 cows. 🤷‍♂️🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

I consider that "suburban..." It really is the most populated place I've ever lived....

After 32 years I've gotten used to it.... ;)

I applaud you for your "individualism"! I mean that in all sincerity. I look forward to your "antics" and I truly mean that as a compliment! (y)

Also glad you aren’t my neighbor 20 feet from my own house…..😁😀
Thanks for the kind words RCW.

I will be a "country boy" one day, but in the mean time, I guess I will have to be happy with the Hood and "Amazon same day shipping" hahahah

I agree. I love the Swiss Army Knife analogy.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I bought my L2501 with the bh77 in Dec. 2022 with .5 hrs. It now has 108 hrs. and 90% of that time is with the backhoe. My son's questioned the hoe but have since changed there thinking. It is probably the best piece of equipment I have ever bought.

Reactions: 3 users

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I have a B77 on my B2650 and use it all the time. I see on another forum I frequent where guys will always advise against backhoe attachments. Frequently they'll say save up your digging jobs and rent a mini ex once a year. There's a lot of flaws to that thinking though. There's a lot of jobs that can't be saved up. A whole lot of things I do with my backhoe, if I didn't have it I'd either just not do the job at all or I'd have to do it the hard way.

We've been in the middle of a house build for the past year. My backhoe has come in handy for lots of things along the way. Some of those would have been better served with a bigger machine for sure, but I have the backhoe, so I used it.

We're reusing an existing septic system, and before we started anything I had to hunt for and dig up the tank.

Here I used it for digging for the footers for the attached garage.

Here I used the backhoe inside the building to dig for the undergrounds. Would have done it by hand otherwise, but it was nice to have.

This was digging the line to the septic from the new house.

Reactions: 14 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When my first dog died, I was in the hospital and had a neighbor hand-dig a hole to bury her. When I moved, I was going to dig up her remains, and bring her with me, but couldn't find exactly where she was buried. When my second dog passed away, I dug the ole with my backhoe, and I know approximately where she is, but then came all the rest, and one at a time I put them into the ground side by side, but not exactly. When the last one passed 4 years ago, she was the last in the pet cemetery. I know where she is because the ground has settled and there is a depression. I also used a rented backhoe to dig up the electrical service when I added a new garage next to the old one where the original electrical service came into the home. You never know when you are going to need the backhoe, and I rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. This is why I purchased a BX23S. It does what I need when I need it, and the price wasn't outrageous. It is a tool just like my wood chipper, or my 1/2" drive ratchet set.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I have a B77 on my B2650 and use it all the time. I see on another forum I frequent where guys will always advise against backhoe attachments. Frequently they'll say save up your digging jobs and rent a mini ex once a year. There's a lot of flaws to that thinking though. There's a lot of jobs that can't be saved up. A whole lot of things I do with my backhoe, if I didn't have it I'd either just not do the job at all or I'd have to do it the hard way.

We've been in the middle of a house build for the past year. My backhoe has come in handy for lots of things along the way. Some of those would have been better served with a bigger machine for sure, but I have the backhoe, so I used it.

We're reusing an existing septic system, and before we started anything I had to hunt for and dig up the tank.

Here I used it for digging for the footers for the attached garage.

Here I used the backhoe inside the building to dig for the undergrounds. Would have done it by hand otherwise, but it was nice to have.

This was digging the line to the septic from the new house.

Wow!!!!

I thought I used mine a lot. You got me beat by a mile.... so far.

I have also seen that advice given about the BH and renting and other stuff.

While it's true that they are costly upfront, I have lots of costly tools that I COULD do without, but I choose not to.

My son's questioned the hoe but have since changed there thinking. It is probably the best piece of equipment I have ever bought.
Amen to that!