Yes, I am a complete newbie and I don't know how to fix a flat industrial tire on the rear of a L3400. Help??

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...I would just put the bucket up under something way to heavy and slowly lift the rear end up instead....
I've lifted my rear tire off the ground way more times than I would like to admit.... And I do have loaded tires.

Problem is finding something heavy... possible chaining it to a tree but by the time you get the chain... you can have a floor jack under there in no time. Good luck...

Reactions: 1 user

RichieRich918

Feb 11, 2020
Kellyville Oklahoma
I've lifted my rear tire off the ground way more times than I would like to admit.... And I do have loaded tires.

Problem is finding something heavy... possible chaining it to a tree but by the time you get the chain... you can have a floor jack under there in no time. Good luck...
Ahh, I understand now. It's the rear tires that have fluid in them that are "loaded". Cool, thank you sir. Since I have no garage or shop or even a concrete surface anywhere I believe I'll go find me a good tree. I've got lots of those. So, thank you and take care!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Take it to town for $30. He'll check to make sure the wheel is clean, the tire is fine and air it up. Then check the air in the other three tires, they may be low also.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It may be helpful, when trying to seat the bead while inflating a tire ... to remove the valve-core from the Schrader valve and use a blow-gun to puff a greater amount of air initially into the tire to get that bead blown against the wheel-rim. Then put a finger over the schrader valve to keep it inflated so you can quickly re-install the valve-core... and then finish inflating it to the proper inflation.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I'm glad you mentioned how you used the bucket as a jack because I had already had an idea that's the same thing only backwards. I was thinking I would just put the bucket up under something way to heavy and slowly lift the rear end up instead. It doesn't have the fluid in the rear tires as of yet so it's pretty light in the ass. Lol Since my step dad got too old and frail, he recently handed the tractor and the responsibilities down to me. They say give a difficult job to a lazy man and he'll find an easier way. Lol I just don't know if that's actually a good idea or a recipe for disaster! Can I do it that way then use the car jack's for safety purposes?
Not very safe but at least block it up and then let it down on wooden blocks (cribbage) so it can’t crush you regardless of how you get the rear weight off the rear wheel.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I would just add that if you would use a liquid tire sealant and later have a puncture that requires something like a patch on the inside of the tire, tire shops may not want to deal with the hassle of cleaning/prep required to install a patch.

Myself, I view those liquid tire sealants as a temporary, rather than permanent fix. I do not use them.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Excuse me Bmyers, a question. The product you suggested, I see that it is a sealant but don't I need that trick where they make the small explosion while simultaneously putting air in? Or something like that.
Yes, the product I mentioned isn't for seating the tire. Typically, I try to avoid using those type of products, but I do keep them on hand because sometimes you have to keep moving forward and clean up the mess later.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Excuse me Bmyers, a question. The product you suggested, I see that it is a sealant but don't I need that trick where they make the small explosion while simultaneously putting air in? Or something like that.

The safer / professional tire shop way

RichieRich918

Feb 11, 2020
Kellyville Oklahoma
remove and take it to a tire shop or local garage, might cost $20 for them to reinflate.
If the tire was a wee bit low on air pressure, the 'tug' of pulling something heavy , could have spun the tire off the rim. It'd be a real good idea to test ALL the tires now for proper air pressure. Air leaks out over time..one of them 'physics laws' we tend to forget......
Yes, can't get around them 'physics laws'. 😃Thank you for your input sir.

RichieRich918

Feb 11, 2020
Kellyville Oklahoma

The safer / professional tire shop way
Now this looks exactly like something I could use!
Not very safe but at least block it up and then let it down on wooden blocks (cribbage) so it can’t crush you regardless of how you get the rear weight off the rear wheel.
Absolutely brother. There's no substitute for safety. Thanks for the advice.